Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Larson is doing herself no favours, she is making it about gender not about the movie. can someone tell her wonder woman came out first so the gender angle is already too late to push.

Are you still trying to convince us Black Panther is deserving of Oscars?lol

sc reviews is reliable as he is one of the few who is willing to say the truth. I loved his BAFTAS recap. it was true when he said black panther wining best visual effects over first man, the crimes of grindelwald, ready player one was ridiculous.
    I doubt he is anti diversity. He doesn't ever say something is good because it is diverse. Believe it or not that is how most people think. Diversity can never be a substitute greatness when it concerns the artistic merit of a movie. This was black panther's downfall. it looks like it is going to be captain marvel's downfall.
    Huh?! It made a billion dollar hit and has become an instant cult classic in the black community and nominated/won a mountain of awards how is that possibly considered a downfall?

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Huh?! It made a billion dollar hit and has become an instant cult classic in the black community and nominated/won a mountain of awards how is that possibly considered a downfall?
    Dont even bother engagaing its gonna get you nowhere. Somehow all of Black Panthers acclaim and accomplishments are offset by the fact he doesnt like it.

Incredible Member

Wow! I just watched the comments on Youtube, it's a Hate Feast!
    This film looks like a focus point for different groups. On one side the typical "anti-SJW" crowd who have found a new crusade and who do we find on the other side? Some degenerated DC crowd (and I'm not against DC and its fans to make myself clear! I like DC too!) who felt robbed of the moniker Captain Marvel and insists that Shazam is the only Captain Marvel!

I'm afraid the level of hate for this movie will be higher than what we've seen yet! This movie seems to crystallize so much things.

Retired

I really hated SCOTT PILGIRIM VS THE WORLD, but the one bright spot in that movie for me was Brie Larson--she was just so much fun. And it seems like when she was a young actress this was her character, cute and charming. I can only conclude that being in ROOM changed how she presents herself in public. Now she's always so dour and humourless. But I don't blame the actress--she's just an employee of Disney and they are the ones in control of how she's presented to the public. They must believe this image is the right way to sell the CAPTAIN MARVEL movie.

I don't go along with the idea that Disney is advancing an "SJW" agenda--whatever that means--because Disney is a corporate entity. Corporations are not human and they are only motivated by the fundamentals of capitalism. They don't want social justice or anything else, because they are only a construct for making money. It's possible that they looked at projections and saw that presenting these ideals to the public was the best way to grow their market. But it's not a core belief.

The last thing that a corporation like Disney would want is a equal rights and livable wages for all--capitalist machines depend on exploiting labour for low wages. They don't want consumers to pursue environmental sustainability and the free exchange of goods. They depend on run-away consumerism that works against our natural ecosystem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I really hated SCOTT PILGIRIM VS THE WORLD, but the one bright spot in that movie for me was Brie Larson--she was just so much fun. And it seems like when she was a young actress this was her character, cute and charming. I can only conclude that being in ROOM changed how she presents herself in public. Now she's always so dour and humourless. But I don't blame the actress--she's just an employee of Disney and they are the ones in control of how she's presented to the public. They must believe this image is the right way to sell the CAPTAIN MARVEL movie.

I don't go along with the idea that Disney is advancing an "SJW" agenda--whatever that means--because Disney is a corporate entity. Corporations are not human and they are only motivated by the fundamentals of capitalism. They don't want social justice or anything else, because they are only a construct for making money. It's possible that they looked at projections and saw that presenting these ideals to the public was the best way to grow their market. But it's not a core belief.

The last thing that a corporation like Disney would want is a equal rights and livable wages for all--capitalist machines depend on exploiting labour for low wages. They don't want consumers to pursue environmental sustainability and the free exchange of goods. They depend on run-away consumerism that works against our natural ecosystem.
    The argument could be made that if they dont promote equal rights and other causes it could hurt the bottom line. What they express on film and in public could be different then whats really going on.Dont get me wrong I agree with you just playing devils advocate. I dont see Captain Marvel as having an agenda. It wants to cash in on the women empowerment money that Wonder Woman got. Theres nothing wrong with that and Carol is a strong women and I'm buying shes more powerful then Thor untill I see it. I think maybe base Thor but with Storm Breaker I feel like Thors on another level. Doesnt really matter through as long as the story is handled well and it makes sense. Whihc marvel has given us no reason to doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The argument could be made that if they dont promote equal rights and other causes it could hurt the bottom line. What they express on film and in public could be different then whats really going on.Dont get me wrong I agree with you just playing devils advocate. I dont see Captain Marvel as having an agenda. It wants to cash in on the women empowerment money that Wonder Woman got. Theres nothing wrong with that and Carol is a strong women and I'm buying shes more powerful then Thor untill I see it. I think maybe base Thor but with Storm Breaker I feel like Thors on another level. Doesnt really matter through as long as the story is handled well and it makes sense. Whihc marvel has given us no reason to doubt.
    They have been saying she is the strongest MCU for the longest time now. It never bother me and with most of Avengers originals probably leaving it opens void for certain character type. Fans need to think Thor isn't going to be around for another 8 movies and neither will Hulk. It is cool that Marvel has foresight to bring her in as the next heavy hitter. And since Marvel all marvel attempts at Superman type have failed on some level Sentry, Hyperion, Blue Marvel it is cool that Marvel is basically going hey lets try Woman -Car EL, Most powerful Hero, Red and Blue Suit, American Hero, Alien Background

BANNED

Disney is in need of a new strategy and fast for captian marvel. It looks to be the black panther effect. people are really waking up to the Disney check-plan of doing things. how Disney is using politics to push their movies because they can't do it on merit anymore. captain marvel is becoming too intertwined with Alita. the only difference is Alita is a credible film in every way possible ,Captain marvel won't be one. once the rt score of captain marvel hits 90s, who will buy that over Alita. zero credibility.

I am not saying captian marvel will be bad but it is still going to be another Disney mcu movie that follows the mcu formula. I don't see how that should get more attention than Alita.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 02-19-2019 at 02:28 AM.

Disney is in need of a new strategy and fast for captian marvel. It looks to be the black panther effect. people are really waking up to the Disney check-plan of doing things. how Disney is using politics to push their movies because they can't do it on merit anymore. captain marvel is becoming too intertwined with Alita. the only difference is Alita is a credible film in every way possible ,Captain marvel won't be one. once the rt score of captain marvel hits 90s, who will buy that over Alita. zero credibility.

I am not saying captian marvel will be bad but it is still going to be another Disney mcu movie that follows the mcu formula. I don't see how that should get more attention than Alita.
    We want talk about Rotten Tomato scores. Okay let's do it

https://screenrant.com/captain-marve...tten-tomatoes/

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/capta...s-rise-a166567

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...iews-sabotage/

https://cosmicbook.news/captain-marv...audience-score

Without seeing the movie they people are planning to tank user scorers and have started that process. If there is "an agenda" we know where it is coming from.

I remember this same thing happening to Black Panther before it's release. It's nuts. Do people really hate diversity that much?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    These arent new thoughts the idea that somehow Disney paid off everyone and Black Panther is actually not good is some nonsense the same couple posters have been saying for months. People cant comprehend that something they dont like can be good no matter how much evidence to the contrary there is.
    According to these people, Disney paid every critic and apparently audience member to see Black Panther.

I'm still waiting for my check for going to see the move....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    I remember this same thing happening to Black Panther before it's release. It's nuts. Do people really hate diversity that much?
    It's actually insane. The pre-hate on BP was pretty crazy among the online community (somehow, some people have tried to spin it the other way round), it was the massive success and critical reaction that shut them up.

Captain Marvel has pretty much turned into some figure of hate for the usual mix of alt-right blowhards and incels on youtube. We haven't even seen the movie but the mere thought of a tough woman is already getting some guys crying all over the internet. I don't say this lightly but these guys cry, moan and complain far, far more than the feminists and the SJWs they are saying they are struggling with, these guys go out to form online groups to down vote movies (like seriously??).

I don't understand why some guys are so threatened by women or minorities or anything slightly different. Like, why live your entire life in fear and hatred?
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-19-2019 at 03:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's actually insane. The pre-hate on BP was pretty crazy among the online community (somehow, some people have tried to spin it the other way round), it was the massive success and critical reaction that shut them up.

Captain Marvel has pretty much turned into some figure of hate for the usual mix of alt-right blowhards and incels on youtube. We haven't even seen the movie but the mere thought of a tough woman is already getting some guys crying all over the internet. I don't say this lightly but these guys cry, moan and complain far, far more than the feminists and the SJWs they are saying they are struggling with, these guys go out to form online groups to down vote movies (like seriously??).

I don't understand why some guys are so threatened by women or minorities or anything slightly different. Like, why live your entire life in fear and hatred?
    black panther is not hated. people call it overrated. there is nothing complex or ground breaking about the film. Objectively black panther won't stand as one of the best films ever as there have been other movies that were more complex and ground breaking.

Alita is going to be a more ground breaking film than captain marvel unless disney stole from James Cameron's sharp cutting film effects. alita does not need to make it about feminism and male bashing. captain marvel wants to to hide any truth the movie may be mediocre. people are seeing through that bad strategy.

Alt right may have their agenda but objective film fans don't have any agenda. if you can't separate both then there is problem.

what world have we now come too. saying black panther had a formula story and bad cgi is now fuelling hatred. why wasn't that hate when the same was said about justice league.

saying brie larson looks freaking bored and stiff is now fuelling hatred to women? I did not see the same reaction with kristen stewart when she was faced with the same criticism as an actress.

if people hate women and minorities. why was hunger games so successful? why is Denzel Washington's equaliser series successful? would it be because they are credible good movies.

Why did people love Dafeen Keen in Logan?

Why did people love Jolie as Lara Croft?

Why was Will Smith the highest grossing movie star of the 2000s

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    We want talk about Rotten Tomato scores. Okay let's do it

https://screenrant.com/captain-marve...tten-tomatoes/

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/capta...s-rise-a166567

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...iews-sabotage/

https://cosmicbook.news/captain-marv...audience-score

Without seeing the movie they people are planning to tank user scorers and have started that process. If there is "an agenda" we know where it is coming from.
    Didn't this happen with black panther and star wars 8? so the media is using the same tactics. have people try and tank the movie to make sure the movies doesn't actually tank, since critics will now be scared to give it bad reviews if it is really bad. that's the best way to help captain marvel, make her a victim that needs our sympathy.

Rotten tomatoes looses credibility everyday, no one is believing alita's score , nobody believes black panther 97% or ant man 88%, aquaman 64% the walls are beginning to crack around Disney, their strategy is getting exposed everyday. they should come up with something new to help their films. I have a feeling something is about to go down with captain marvel and alita that will hurt captain marvel.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 02-19-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

It's because some of these guys want to engage in "The Culture Wars," but they aren't able to apply actual "critical thinking." So instead of having nuanced discussions about race or gender, they repeat what slightly smarter guys have said, only more absurdly and many times factual wrong. When Marvel started drawing Carol with short hair, suddenly she became a symbol of "SJW Marvel" which is the source of all evil in pop culture now. So now the movie MUST BE STOPPED. Also, complaining about popular stuff gets clicks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's because some of these guys want to engage in "The Culture Wars," but they aren't able to apply actual "critical thinking." So instead of having nuanced discussions about race or gender, they repeat what slightly smarter guys have said, only more absurdly and many times factual wrong. When Marvel started drawing Carol with short hair, suddenly she became a symbol of "SJW Marvel" which is the source of all evil in pop culture now. So now the movie MUST BE STOPPED. Also, complaining about popular stuff gets clicks.
    Brie larson has apparently given bizarre interviews about the movie. this does not help.

Ultimate Member

black panther is not hated. people call it overrated. there is nothing complex or ground breaking about the film. Objectively black panther won't stand as one of the best films ever as there have been other movies that were more complex and ground breaking.

Alita is going to be a more ground breaking film than captain marvel unless disney stole from James Cameron's sharp cutting film effects. alita does not need to make it about feminism and male bashing. captain marvel wants to to hide any truth the movie may be mediocre. people are seeing through that bad strategy.

Alt right may have their agenda but objective film fans don't have any agenda. if you can't separate both then there is problem.

what world have we now come too. saying black panther had a formula story and bad cgi is now fuelling hatred. why wasn't that hate when the same was said about justice league.

saying brie larson looks freaking bored and stiff is now fuelling hatred to women? I did not see the same reaction with kristen stewart when she was faced with the same criticism as an actress.

if people hate women and minorities. why was hunger games so successful? why is Denzel Washington's equaliser series successful? would it be because they are credible good movies.

Why did people love Dafeen Keen in Logan?

Why did people love Jolie as Lara Croft?

Why was Will Smith the highest grossing movie star of the 2000s

Didn't this happen with black panther and star wars 8? so the media is using the same tactics. have people try and tank the movie to make sure the movies doesn't actually tank, since critics will now be scared to give it bad reviews if it is really bad. that's the best way to help captain marvel, make her a victim that needs our sympathy.

Rotten tomatoes looses credibility everyday, no one is believing alita's score , nobody believes black panther 97% or ant man 88%, aquaman 64% the walls are beginning to crack around Disney, their strategy is getting exposed everyday. they should come up with something new to help their films. I have a feeling something is about to go down with captain marvel and alita that will hurt captain marvel.
    The problem isn't with the general public, it's with certain segments of fandom who are behaving exactly like the SJWs they pretend to be against. Looking for things to nit-pick without fully understanding context then pretending to be outraged, when criticized they play the victim. It's a lot of bad faith actors pushing their particular agenda, while trying to pretend they aren't.