Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Well, they can't go after Black Panther anymore because no one is listening so they started to harp on Captain Marvel.

I plan to see the movie because I've been waiting for a heavy hitter since AV3.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    That I can get that if that what all it was but all of this started months before Larson released any comments. People were going a major tirades because her not smiling and because the ad said her-o. And they knew she was a prefect Mary sue from the trailer. There were dozens of videos about it, lewd comments, and hate tweets everywhere. For where I stand her statements about activism, which aren't that inflammatory taken in context, are just another quibble blown out proportion. The hate seems pretty intense and personal makes no sense. I'm sitting here thinking like dude its just a movie calm down.
    Tin foil hat on and everything - but is there a chance someone in the studio PR department has less than good confidence in Captain Marvel, so they are rolling the dice on making criticism look misogynistic in advance of actual screenings? I always wondered if that was someone's mensa-level idea with Ghostbusters 2016.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    That I can get that if that what all it was but all of this started months before Larson released any comments. People were going a major tirades because her not smiling and because the ad said her-o. And they knew she was a prefect Mary sue from the trailer. There were dozens of videos about it, lewd comments, and hate tweets everywhere. For where I stand her statements about activism, which aren't that inflammatory taken in context, are just another quibble blown out proportion. The hate seems pretty intense and personal makes no sense. I'm sitting here thinking like dude its just a movie calm down.

How is this becoming a left and right issue?? It's a movie about aliens? I can't be the only one thinking this is getting nuts?
    Keep in mind, some people think of Carol Danvers as a "feminist" character and there's been a push back against some strange caricature of feminism that's picked up a lot of steam on the internet over the last several years. So even though this is a corporate superhero movie backed by a multi-million dollar conglomerate, it's somehow "left-wing" in some people's minds.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Tin foil hat on and everything - but is there a chance someone in the studio PR department has less than good confidence in Captain Marvel, so they are rolling the dice on making criticism look misogynistic in advance of actual screenings? I always wondered if that was someone's mensa-level idea with Ghostbusters 2016.
    I doubt this since Marvel has never done this before. I don’t even think that was the idea with the Ghostbusters film makers, I think the guys involved with that movie just made some disastrous PR errors.

Some folks have been spreading some lies about Marvel deflecting criticism of Black Panther because it’s predominantly a black cast but nothing of that sort has happened because BP got a very good reception.

My point here is, people need to stop with the while “feminists, SJW” ruining everything arguments. It’s silly and I’m pretty sure the guys even making some of these argument believe what they themselves are saying.

The thing is, lots of people are projecting their thoughts and then arguing against their own projection just to get views and clicks.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Keep in mind, some people think of Carol Danvers as a "feminist" character and there's been a push back against some strange caricature of feminism that's picked up a lot of steam on the internet over the last several years. So even though this is a corporate superhero movie backed by a multi-million dollar conglomerate, it's somehow "left-wing" in some people's minds.

Exactly.

Ultimately, Captain Marvel is just another big budget superhero movie, just that it features a woman.

The controversy seems to stem from some stuff that Brie Larson said a while back. The strange thing is these are the same people that go about screaming about freedom of speech and expression but when someone says something they don’t agree with, they lose their minds. Inadvertently making them exactly like the “outrage machines” they claim to be fighting against.

First impressions

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-f...zc1IRzaO67KiK8

http://collider.com/captain-marvel-r...hhPMQGiidC0tPA

Perri Nemiroff-The future of the MCU gets even brighter adding #CaptainMarvel to the mix. Really fell for @brielarson’s sass, strength & energy in the role. Same with @LashanaLynch too! Ben Mendelsohn is A+ casting as Talos. And yes, Goose is a scene stealer. 2nd viewing can’t come soon enough
    Jim Vejvoda

#CaptainMarvel was a lot of fun! Just enough ‘90s nostalgia without overdoing it. Brie Larson is great. Ditto Sam Jackson & Ben Mendelsohn. Goose the cat is purr-fect. Some nice surprises and clever decisions throughout. Cool sci-fi elements. And funny! Thumbs up!
    Peter Sciretta

@slashfilm
    #CaptainMarvel is a great origin story. Brie’s buddy cop chemistry with @SamuelLJackson is so much fun and her relationship with Lashana Lynch is the real heart of it. Ben Mendelsohn and the cat both steal the show.
    Drew Taylor

Really loved #CaptainMarvel. It’s a little wobbly at times but only because it’s so ambitious. It’s beautifully constructed, hilarious and offers tons of surprises. @brielarson obviously rules but Ben Mendelsohn is the surprise MVP.
    Mike Ryan

CAPTAIN MARVEL isn’t what I expected based on marketing. It’s pretty much an “all in” cosmic space movie. Also, it’s a lot weirder than I expected. Ben Mendelsohn is awesome as Talos
    Ben Mekler

#CaptainMarvel is RADICAL! An awesome 90s period piece & total recalibration of the MCU as we know it! From the brief Winter Soldier cameo to the six full episodes of Friends that play consecutively through a majority of the film’s runtime, this might be my favorite MCU flick yet
    The one negative ish impression so far
    Gregory Ellwood
    Captain Marvel is a mixed bag. First half is slow and uninspired. Second half much better. Feels like directors could not escape Marvel formula. Mendelson steals the move. VfX of full Marvel powers much better than trailers.
    Note that movie companies are smart and put people predisposed to liking their movie. I don't see creative language that hints at film being average or bad but they are just saying something nice but it is still early
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-19-2019 at 11:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    First impressions

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-f...zc1IRzaO67KiK8

http://collider.com/captain-marvel-r...hhPMQGiidC0tPA

The one negative ish impression so far

Note that movie companies are smart and put people predisposed to liking their movie. I don't see creative language that hints at film being average or bad but they are just saying something nice but it is still early
    Looks like the jokes and hilarious MCU films strikes again. Poor X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Tin foil hat on and everything - but is there a chance someone in the studio PR department has less than good confidence in Captain Marvel, so they are rolling the dice on making criticism look misogynistic in advance of actual screenings?.

This feels like what is happening. CM PR is playing the misogynistic card. Disney and JJ Abrams used this PR stunt to sound off on Last Jedi critics. Disney used it for black panther too but it was not to look misogynistic but to make people look racists when the movie was criticised for Bad CGI , plot and one dimensional characters.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 02-19-2019 at 11:48 PM.

What is with X-movie fans and paranoid conspiracy theories ?

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    We have to be hated and feared or we’re not happy.

BANNED

X-Movie fans? the x-movies could adapt X-Men stories when Disney can't. Who wants to watch xmen movies of hilarious and jokes when the comics are not hilarious and jokes as their movies have shown. The early reactions of captain marvel is a future early reviews for MCU X-men. Do those reviews look like captain marvel is on the standard of Logan and DOFP? poor x-men to get watered down to something like a captain marvel's hilarious jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    We have to be hated and feared or we’re not happy.
    Captain marvel is obviously a sign for what xmen will be like in the mcu. from those reviews, I feel bad for xmen.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 02-20-2019 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Captain marvel is obviously a sign for what xmen will be like in the mcu. from those reviews, I feel bad for xmen.
    "Its so terrible, all those critical acclaims, massive box office returns and legions of fans"

"We better give the rights back to those guys that didn't think Deadpool was profitable and cant do a movie without Wolverine"

BANNED

"Its so terrible, all those critical acclaims, massive box office returns and legions of fans"
    Piss poor quality. critical acclaims even if other movies have shown to have more meaningful critical content acclaims. uncredible acclaims for fear of being called racist and misogynistic. legions of fans that don't understand why Disney continues to water down the stories and retell the same thing.

"We better give the rights back to those guys that didn't think Deadpool was profitable and cant do a movie without Wolverine"
    First Class has no Wolverine. it does not take a rocket scientist to know CM is not first class in plot or characters. first class was beyond hilarious jokes. I will take Wolverine over Iron Man.Disney needs a good strategy for captain marvel and future endeavours, none of those reviews are impressive in content and that is the standard mcu reviews. no wonder Disney is playing the sexist card and brie is blaming white men for the movies problems even though most of the producers are white men. I hope her logic won't be as flawed as the movie.

BANNED

Critical acclaim means nothing because they're all paid off shills and refuse to critique any of these films because "lol, jokes and they fit the social climate". The fans have a cult-like admiration of these movies and pretend they can do no wrong and will never admit they're all just painfully average action/comedies, and likely won't until they finally outgrow this genre.

well non spoiler reviews and impressions dropped and looks like everyone loves it. I'll try to avoid all the hype so I can enjoy it without unrealistic expectations. I don't need another Guardians of the Galaxy experience.
    The J-man

"Its all cults and shills"

The next thing in your manifesto will be that Big Pharma put poison in the vaccines and theres a secret jewish cabal that runs the world.

Thats how you guys sound.