Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Captain Marvel Trailer 3

The 3rd trailer.

Better than previous two, but still not at the level what MCU usually puts out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Quoted for simple truth.

Watching the trailer made me super-excited for the movie, it will be the greatest thing ever!

Is what I would have said if Captain Marvel did anything for me. Is she going to Mary Sue the Endgame movie? The comic character just does nothing at all for me, there are so many more compelling and unique female characters in Marvel lore.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-08-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Watching the trailer made me super-excited for the movie, it will be the greatest thing ever!

Is what I would have said if Captain Marvel did anything for me. Is she going to Mary Sue the Endgame movie?
    We've seen exactly 0 evidence to suggest she will Mary Sue the Endgame movie...so my guess is no she won't.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

They rarely have third trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    At least in this one she shows some sort of emotions. I even detected what seemed like a smile toward the end of the clip.

Interesting. Another underwhelming trailer drops suddenly amidst all the chatter of Aquaman's unprecedented box office performance.

Liked this one better but I think maybe its cause I've never been a huge Carol fan but I'm not overwhelmed by the trailer. Does look interesting and ima gonna see it but much like Antman and The wasp I probaly wont see it week 1. Given the cast though I feel like this movie can be a sleeper. I guess time will tell. But yea I've always liked Ms Marvel as a member of the Avengers, no interest in her as a solo act hopefuly this movie changes that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Interesting. Another underwhelming trailer drops suddenly amidst all the chatter of Aquaman's unprecedented box office performance.
    Not really, it is not going to hurt AM. If anything it seems that Disney doesn’t think the first two went over well.

"Look folks, Captain Marvel smiles and quips too!" .

Although in all seriousness it still looks like it'll be a solid MCU movie .

Spectacular Member

I wish it wasn't the case, but man I'm not feeling this movie.

I'd already planned on Blu-waiting this movie, and nothing in any of the trailers has changed my mind.

That said, I don't think the movie will be terrible at all. I think it conforms to the MCU template. That's a good thing as far as MCU diehards are concerned, but for me, the predictable trailer beats don't elicit the Pavlovian response that I think MCU counts on (and generally gets) from the moviegoing audience. The "jokes" in the trailer aren't really jokes, but it has the same dialogue rhythm that Marvel movies have, so I guess most people won't notice that nothing being said was actually funny.

Visually, the movie doesn't seem to offer anything new, and that's not great coming on the heels of Aquaman.

I don't think the movie will be a standout, but I do think it will be a serviceable addition to the MCU. The MCU brand is gold, so it will make its share of cash, but something about this movie just feels uninspired and by-the-numbers -- conforming to the MCU template, but not doing anything new or surprising with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

Is what I would have said if Captain Marvel did anything for me. Is she going to Mary Sue the Endgame movie? The comic character just does nothing at all for me, there are so many more compelling and unique female characters in Marvel lore.
    That term should not be thrown around with only a trailer around. And by the way, nothing suggests that she's going to be a Mary Sue, at worst she looks like the bland no-nonsense action girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Can we please not?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Liked this one better but I think maybe its cause I've never been a huge Carol fan but I'm not overwhelmed by the trailer. Does look interesting and ima gonna see it but much like Antman and The wasp I probaly wont see it week 1. Given the cast though I feel like this movie can be a sleeper. I guess time will tell. But yea I've always liked Ms Marvel as a member of the Avengers, no interest in her as a solo act hopefuly this movie changes that.
    I was a pretty big Carol fan a couple years back, and these trailers do nothing for me. And I was originally very excited at the prospect of a Carol Danvers movie. It's all just a tad too generic. And what I've seen from Brie Larsen so far leaves me cold as well. I might see this if it airs on T.V. later on.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me