Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Tarantino's next film will be about the Manson murders

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...urders-1020165

The Summer of Love ended tragically, with seven murders all meant to start a race war, all because of a Beatles song (well not really, but kind of) . The story of the Manson family has always been so interesting simply because of how manipulative Charles Manson was and how he was able to seduce so many people to his ideals.

Margot Robbie, Jennifer Lawrence, Brad Pitt, and Samuel L Jackson are all in talks to star. Robbie and Lawrence are both being considered for the role of Sharon Tate. I could see Pitt being considered for the role of Terry Melcher, the Beach Boys producer whom Manson had an obsession with

The murder of Sharon Tate always perplexed and interested me due to the fact that she predicted the exact details of her murder 2 years before it occurred in a dream, while sleeping in the house of Jay Sebring, her friend and Hollywood hairstylist who was killed along side her.

Needless to say I can't wait to see how Tarantino tells this story.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Very exciting news. IMHO, casting the right person for Manson will be key. He's someone that I have clear picture of in my mind, as I think many do. He's very idiosyncratic and you have to balance all of his range of traits. You really need a perfect casting there and that will be hard if Quentin already doesn't have someone in mind, someone perhaps already aware of their intended casting.

I kinda think a cult leader like Manson needs to have a compelling scene-stealing performance of him. To do otherwise would be like doing a Jim Jones film that does little to convince you of why people would fall for a cult leader like Jones.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-12-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

So Margot Robbie does a movie about Tonya Harding and is now going to do a Manson movie (like that has never been done before). What ever happened to the
    Gotham City Sirens movie Robbie and David Ayer were going to make? Did they give up on that idea?

Spectacular Member

Take My Money!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So Margot Robbie does a movie about Tonya Harding and is now going to do a Manson movie (like that has never been done before). What ever happened to the
    Gotham City Sirens movie Robbie and David Ayer were going to make? Did they give up on that idea?
    That project was a done deal long ago, it's been in development for months. Ayer just got booted from the Scarface remake so now his full attention is on GCS.

BANNED

Robbie > Lawrence, please.

BANNED

I'm interested to see who they'll get to play Manson. All film portrayals of him have been unimpressive(imo).
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 07-12-2017 at 02:52 PM.

Spectacular Member

I would take Margot over Lawrence. Margot can play that innocence a bit better than J-Law. I wonder if QT is going to consult with Polanski about the murders.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I wonder if QT is going to consult with Polanski about the murders.
    Hell, I wonder if he's going to consult with Manson about the murders.

Incredible Member

Intriguing. It's weird imagining Tarantino doing a movie about real people. No, Hitler doesn't count.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So Margot Robbie does a movie about Tonya Harding and is now going to do a Manson movie (like that has never been done before). What ever happened to the Gotham City Sirens movie Robbie and David Ayer were going to make? Did they give up on that idea?
    It doesn't say she's going to do this one.
    It says she met with Tarantino.

And if he wants her that badly he's going to have to shoot his movie when she has the time to be in it.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Thank you, Lord and the Baby Jesus!!! *cough*
    Is "Helter Skelter" worth a watch/read?

Have you guys enjoyed Fincher's Zodiac?

I'm a late bloomer when it comes to Tarrantino. My favourites are Django (is the Vertigo comic worth a read?), Inglorious Basterds and Jackie Brown (excellent cast)

Another great date movie.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Another great date movie.
    Depends on your date. If she disagrees with Tarrantino you know she's not marriage material

Mighty Member

Him doing a horror thriller since Grindhouse and From Dusk Till Dawn? sounds great.