Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

You know, all this online hoohah over Captain Marvel, Bree Larson, and the marketing campaign on YouTube and elsewhere just might have the effect of selling more tickets when all is said and done--the old saw about there being no such thing as bad publicity.

Look, if the movie turns out to be as good as the early reviewers say or at least acceptably good, then I guess it deserves its box office.

At least, in two weeks people can stop hypothesizing and judge for themselves.

Does anyone know when the review embargoes are going to get lifted? I'm curious to see what the critics -- both the supporters and the naysayers -- have to say about what the ACTUAL movie was rather than what they thought, hoped, or feared it would be.

You do have a point. Amidst that whole R. Kelly scandal streams of his music went up dramatically. And he actually commit hienius crimes against children. All the fake news and slander poised against Larso. Is likely to gain a similar reaction.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    You know, all this online hoohah over Captain Marvel, Bree Larson, and the marketing campaign on YouTube and elsewhere just might have the effect of selling more tickets when all is said and done--the old saw about there being no such thing as bad publicity.

Look, if the movie turns out to be as good as the early reviewers say or at least acceptably good, then I guess it deserves its box office.

At least, in two weeks people can stop hypothesizing and judge for themselves.

Does anyone know when the review embargoes are going to get lifted? I'm curious to see what the critics -- both the supporters and the naysayers -- have to say about what the ACTUAL movie was rather than what they thought, hoped, or feared it would be.
    I think the embargo lifts a couple days before the movie hits theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I think the embargo lifts a couple days before the movie hits theaters.
    Yea like 3 days I think. Liked infinity war there are huge spoilers they are trying to keep under wraps. I'm sure Endgame gets the same treatment. Just saying that cause ive seen people say thai are waiting so long cause they have no confidence but they stated it's to avoid spoilers like Infinity war.

Honestly trailers still dont get me hyped but the early reaction of got my interested enough to check it out days 1 or 2. I think alot of it is excitement for Endgame and this is a apatizer to hold me over. That said hope the reviews are right and I like this movie for then the trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Disney Merchandises? STOP THE PRESSES A HOLLYWOOD STUDIO USES FILMS TO SELL US STUFF this is some Bernstein and Woodward level exposing I'm shocked I tell you shocked and appalled. Oh wait my brain just woke up and no $h!+ Sherlock it's called product placement and it's been happening for decades and all the Studios do it. I love the movie Castaway it was also a 2 hour long ad for Fed Ex.
    I know. "Oh, bright primary colors and a good-looking woman". "Oh, a cute cartoon character". "Guy posing on a rooftop in red and blue with an American flag in the background." Movie advertising. Trying to get you to watch the movies and buy the toys since at least 1978 and before by using simple tactics that work.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    To be fair to Wonder Woman, Katniss, The Bride from Kill Bill, Ripley from Aliens, Rey, Atomic Blonde these women did show some sort of emotions instead of the same blank stare in every scene.
    FB_IMG_1549876302701.jpg

People see what they want see
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-23-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    FB_IMG_1549876302701.jpg

It's crazy.

Even if she did keep a blank stare through out the movie, they're could be a reason for this within the film.

People need to wait until they see the movie before making judgement.

The people complaining about the facial expression thing aren't interested in fats all they want to do is vent rage and win a culture war. It has nothing to do with the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's crazy.

Even if she did keep a blank stare through out the movie, they're could be a reason for this within the film.

Truer words were never spoken^^

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's crazy.

Funny how the people complaining about Brie not smiling are also the ones that will defend Superman not smiling till their dying breath.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    To be fair to Wonder Woman, Katniss, The Bride from Kill Bill, Ripley from Aliens, Rey, Atomic Blonde these women did show some sort of emotions instead of the same blank stare in every scene.
    I'd argue that the "she doesn't smile" people really aren't concerned about Brie expressing emotion. They're looking for an excuse not to like the CM movie. Someone came up with that lame reason and a bunch of people repeated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    FB_IMG_1549876302701.jpg

But which of these pictures were in the first trailer? Just because someone made a collage after the fact doesn't negate the reaction to the original trailer. Looks more like damage control in response to
    the negative reaction to the first trailer that started all the controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Funny how the people complaining about Brie not smiling are also the ones that will defend Superman not smiling till their dying breath.
    And you think these are the same people because....? Give some examples of people who were defending Superman who are now criticizing Brie Larson. Were Geeks and Gamers, Odin's Movie Blog, SC Reviews,
    That Star Wars Girl defending Superman's non smile? If so can you give links to their videos. I know for a fact I never defended Superman's non smile.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'd argue that the "she doesn't smile" people really aren't concerned about Brie expressing emotion. They're looking for an excuse not to like the CM movie. Someone came up with that lame reason and a bunch of people repeated it.
    Or maybe it was just an honest reaction to what they saw in the original trailer.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 02-24-2019 at 04:35 PM.

who complained about Superman or Batman not smiling? I don't even remember that being a thing?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    who complained about Superman or Batman not smiling? I don't even remember that being a thing?
    Everyone said Superman was emo and miserable and then someone would post 3 pics from the movie of him smiling in MoS. Just from the trailers you can find way more example of carols expressing emotion. That said in retrospect it wasnt the act of superman physically smiling I think it was Synder tone. Which I don't think anyone thinks this movie is gonna have that dreary the world sucks tone.

Incredible Member

When I see this hate campaign promoted by comicsgaters (look at the number of links in the youtube comments for Bouncing into Comics!) I remember that despites tragedies and the occasionnal mistake she makes (because Carol is far from perfect, and that's good!) Carol Danvers always come back stronger, she's for me the incarnation of resilience.
    Hope the character lends some of its resilience to the movie, it will need it in face of adversity.