Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I feel like the marketing for this movie is doing more harm than good, while i don't doubt it will make money on day one, i still have this worry that the Cpt. Marvel we are getting is one with an agenda and we all know how that tanked the character in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I feel like the marketing for this movie is doing more harm than good, while i don't doubt it will make money on day one, i still have this worry that the Cpt. Marvel we are getting is one with an agenda and we all know how that tanked the character in the comics.
    In all honesty when has Captain Marvel ever been a big name? Not Carol nor the Captain Marvel brand no matter who is behind the mask ever been books that have long runs. But the MCU has had magic taking lesser known characters and turning them into household names. I mean ten years ago the only current MCU characters were Hulk, Spider-Man, Punisher, and Captain America who had any public recognition to the general Iron Man was better known for the Black Sabbath song, Thor for the actual Norse god, Black Panther for either the animal or Party, Black Widow for the spider, Hawkeye people would connect to Mash more than Marvel, and the rest were complete blanks. So IMO comparing the comics to movies of TV is a false equivalent.

BANNED

It can't be overstated enough how inconsequential the comic book audience is to the movie audience.

Also, nothing in the marketing suggests Captain Marvel has an agenda.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    It can't be overstated enough how inconsequential the comic book audience is to the movie audience.

SHHHH stop trying to tell the honest truth

You got a segment of comic fans trying to make that movie flop and they are screaming this film is indoctrination to feminism.
    Really? I thought Wonder Woman had that on lock?

They are going to find out how much they don't matter. IF GOTG, Black Panther, Aquaman, Spiderverse & Antman didn't tell them-I will suspect Cap Marvel will.

They can not accept the rest of the planet does not care for who they like.

By the time March 8 rolls around, audiences will have gone through over 2 months of blockbuster deprivation and might be primed and ready to storm the theaters to see Captain Marvel even moreso than they might have been if January and February were loaded with big hits.
    You forgot something-March 8 is the START of SPRING BREAK. At least here in Dallas. KIDS will be out of SCHOOL at that time. So you have an entire week of kids going to matinee showings.

And here in Dallas it would get a boost as a comic con is happening that weekend and it's located rather near a ton of movie theaters.

I don't but into all this agenda nonsense. All it's nitpicking on the most insignificant details blowout of proportion.

***Sarcasm** Oh no that trailer said her-o!!! That's proof that they are trying to brainwash our children!! ***Sarcasm***

It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Captain Marvel be number one for two weeks because there's no real competition and lose the top spot to US on week three it will fall to three with Dumbo the following. Probably fall to five once Shazam and Pet Semetery comes out the week after that then get knocked out of top 5 with Hellboy.
    I'm also willing to bet (if it still in theaters) it will get significant bump when End Game comes out.
    Last edited by dreyga2000; 02-10-2019 at 03:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    I'm also willing to bet (if it still in theaters) it will get significant bump when End Game comes out.
    I think this is very unlikely since I doubt the movie Captain Marvel will have very little to do with Endgame. Those who want to see Captain Marvel will have done so. This who want to see Endgame aren't going to be terribly motivated to see a movie about one of dozens of characters in Endgame.

I think this is very unlikely since I doubt the movie Captain Marvel will have very little to do with Endgame. Those who want to see Captain Marvel will have done so. This who want to see Endgame aren't going to be terribly motivated to see a movie about one of dozens of characters in Endgame.
    Perhaps but what are the odds the end trailer teases something connected to it? I mean showing her coming to Earth after receiving Fury's last message or she hears and SOS that turns out to be Stark?
    I doubt the numbers this will crank out will compare to Endgame once that comes, the question becomes just how does this movie affect the audience in regards to her and will it affect their perceptions when they see her again in Endgame?

Not this again.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    SHHHH stop trying to tell the honest truth

You got a segment of comic fans trying to make that movie flop and they are screaming this film is indoctrination to feminism.
    Really? I thought Wonder Woman had that on lock?

They are going to find out how much they don't matter. IF GOTG, Black Panther, Aquaman, Spiderverse & Antman didn't tell them-I will suspect Cap Marvel will.

You forgot something-March 8 is the START of SPRING BREAK. At least here in Dallas. KIDS will be out of SCHOOL at that time. So you have an entire week of kids going to matinee showings.

And here in Dallas it would get a boost as a comic con is happening that weekend and it's located rather near a ton of movie theaters.
    There's already people out there going on about how terrible it is that there's a gofund me so people can take little girls to see the movie.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Venom also proved that.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-11-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quoted for truth.

The general movie going audience doesn’t give a crap or even know what’s going on on the internet.

The movie’s opening weekend tracking numbers already says this.

Is Brie Larson's Captain Marvel the bitchy rich girl in the 1980s movies everyone hated?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Is Brie Larson's Captain Marvel the bitchy rich girl in the 1980s movies everyone hated?

No she's not.

Another disingenuous video from someone who's made up their mind before they know anything about the film. There's nothing in this trailer to make anyone reasonable think that Carol Danvers is supposed to be perfect in this movie. And what's she talking about nobody wants to see this? The mainstream audience can somehow relate to a millionaire playboy inventor, an Aryan space viking prince, an African sci-fi prince, and an skinny guy who becomes an Aryan super soldier...but a good looking girl from the military who knows judo ( and who says she's got a rich Daddy?)...well that's just too perfect?

Look there's nothing wrong with not liking the Carol Danvers comic book character. There's nothing wrong with not liking Brie Larson as a actress/person. There's nothing wrong with thinking the trailer looks mediocre. But these folks acting like this movie is the end of western civilization really should turn it down a smidge...or at least trash it based on things that in the movie instead of trying to invent reasons before they've actually seen it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

Thank you for posting this, I really needed a good laugh.

Because determining Captain Marvel is a Mary Sue because she’s a trained pilot in the USAF who knows how to fight and played baseball when she was a child has to be the dumbest **** I’ve seen all week.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 02-12-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Thank you for posting this, I really needed a good laugh.

Because determining Captain Marvel is a Mary Sue because she’s a trained pilot in the USAF who knows how to fight and played baseball when she was a child has to be the dumbest **** I’ve seen all week.
    These people freaking out over Captain Marvel are a lot of fun to watch. It's like Captain Marvel ran over their dog.