Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The problem isn't with the general public, it's with certain segments of fandom who are behaving exactly like the SJWs they pretend to be against. Looking for things to nit-pick without fully understanding context then pretending to be outraged, when criticized they play the victim. It's a lot of bad faith actors pushing their particular agenda, while trying to pretend they aren't.
    Exactly.

These guys whine and whine and whine.

Like seriously, i actually don't see any feminists or SJWs moaning as much as these guys. Personally, I can't stand outrage culture but these guys have actually taken said culture and run with it. It's like the folks that are still making "The Last Jedi" videos in 2019, i didn't personally like the TLJ but i wasn't so emotionally scarred by it to still be crying about it over a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    black panther is not hated. people call it overrated. there is nothing complex or ground breaking about the film. Objectively black panther won't stand as one of the best films ever as there have been other movies that were more complex and ground breaking.
    Curious... which metrics are you using to come to the objective analysis?

Captain Marvel looks good not great me but good and so far I've never disliked a MCU film not even Thor the Dark World or Iron Man 2 so I have complete faith I'll like this movie. I will admit I do believe Brie Larson is making the press tour for CM more political than it should which is it shouldn't be at all. Now I have no problem with actors getting political heck most of the Avengers cast did a pro Hilary video with Joss Whedon during the 2016 election and I had no issue just don't get political with anything connected to Marvel IMO. But

A lot of the people doing hardcore complaining about Captain Marvel being "SJW" and the end of the MCU also complained about Wonder Woman and all female screenings. Now they all point to WW and say Wonder Woman wasn't "SJW" and I think that's not what you said in 2017.

Solo and Ghostbusters 2016 have mistakenly inflated the egos of disgruntled fans and others from trolls to opportunist who think they had a massive part in them underperforming to flopping. Solo was a disaster during production and was a film most people found to be OK at best to flat out bad and hey if you love it great I'm going by general public. Ghostbusters 2016 wasn't good it had some cringy improvish comedy, a lot of the same story beats as the better Ghostbusters 1984, and had effects that looked like they came out of haunted mansion. So they underperformed for a the same reason all mediocre to bad movies do they're mediocre or bad. Also most of the casual movie goer doesn't pay attention of this nonsense.

Captain Marvel has two weeks of no real competition in the theaters and the Marvel Brand it will at least do 650 to 800 million and more if fantastic.

So basically a lot of YouTubers will get views, a lot of websites will get clicks with clickbait articles let's face it as much as the Anti-SJW crowd loves to complain about "Shill Media" and that media loves to complain about Alt-Right Trolls/Toxic Fandom's they are in a parasitic relationship feeding off each other while most of the movie going audience is oblivious to it all because both sides are just preaching to the choirs.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 02-19-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Brie larson has apparently given bizarre interviews about the movie. this does not help.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. He reads the article, pretends Larson means things she doesn't mean, pretends that his feelings as a man have been hurt and even brings up the fact that Larson dates white men as some sort of "gotcha!" He then goes on about customer service! The vid on Youtube includes a barely coherent essay in the discription box where he randomly throws out cliches about NPCs and "pandering."

Retired

It's never a good idea to point to a broad group of people and make sweeping generalizations about them. Sure, there's always going to be a wingnut in the bunch, but that doesn't represent the whole. It's why contrary forces plant agents provocateur in among the other group to make their opponents all look bad.

I find myself identifying with many individuals on either side of the divide. When one of these people is attacked, that excites my sympathies for them. No one is completely right about everything all the time. It's better to look for common ground and see people as individuals.

My only measure of gauge of the outrage, is what people say on this forum. What I don't understand about all these video clowns who claim agenda on the interwebz is... 1-she's white (isn't that half your fuckin' 'battle'???) and 2- she's been a cosmic ass-kicker since the late 70's. IMO, If you don't have a passing knowledge of comics, I'm not one to even casually click on conspiracy bullshit on YouTube about these movies. I'd go as far to say that even many who do rock with these baseless YouTube warrior monologues, will go see the movie any damn way so what's really good?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Captain Marvel looks good not great me but good and so far I've never disliked a MCU film not even Thor the Dark World or Iron Man 2 so I have complete faith I'll like this movie.
    Yea, I'd say it looks a scooch more than adequate and serviceable. I have not liked all the MCU movies but for the 3 or 4 that I either didn't see and/or wouldn't own or just didn't like that's still hitting above 90% and I highly and seriously doubt Superblone is going to fall into The Dark World territory for me. I probably won't see this at the theater but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it if time permits, which it prolly won't. At this point I'm more enamored with how well the de-aging looks on Sam Jackson than anything else. We're close to a world were an actor, on some level, might not have to get really old on camera... or at least extend them out for a couple decades. Thanks to cape movies, crazy.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

I don't really keep up the haters because they rarely make sense and what's the point of trying to figure out their twisted up logic, but I'm getting the sense their hatred has more to do with the actress than the movie. Hard to tell though because these guys can't really speak coherently.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Captain Marvel looks good not great me but good and so far I've never disliked a MCU film not even Thor the Dark World or Iron Man 2 so I have complete faith I'll like this movie. I will admit I do believe Brie Larson is making the press tour for CM more political than it should which is it shouldn't be at all. Now I have no problem with actors getting political heck most of the Avengers cast did a pro Hilary video with Joss Whedon during the 2016 election and I had no issue just don't get political with anything connected to Marvel IMO. But

A lot of the people doing hardcore complaining about Captain Marvel being "SJW" and the end of the MCU also complained about Wonder Woman and all female screenings. Now they all point to WW and say Wonder Woman wasn't "SJW" and I think that's not what you said in 2017.

Solo and Ghostbusters 2016 have mistakenly inflated the egos of disgruntled fans and others from trolls to opportunist who think they had a massive part in them underperforming to flopping. Solo was a disaster during production and was a film most people found to be OK at best to flat out bad and hey if you love it great I'm going by general public. Ghostbusters 2016 wasn't good it had some cringy improvish comedy, a lot of the same story beats as the better Ghostbusters 1984, and had effects that looked like they came out of haunted mansion. So they underperformed for a the same reason all mediocre to bad movies do they're mediocre or bad. Also most of the casual movie goer doesn't pay attention of this nonsense.

Captain Marvel has two weeks of no real competition in the theaters and the Marvel Brand it will at least do 650 to 800 million and more if fantastic.

So basically a lot of YouTubers will get views, a lot of websites will get clicks with clickbait articles let's face it as much as the Anti-SJW crowd loves to complain about "Shill Media" and that media loves to complain about Alt-Right Trolls/Toxic Fandom's they are in a parasitic relationship feeding off each other while most of the movie going audience is oblivious to it all because both sides are just preaching to the choirs.
    Quoted for truth.

Funny thing is that I haven't actually been blown away by CMs marketing and I actually am not excited by what I've seen by the trailer. But the guys on youtube making videos and crying about a movie they haven't even seen is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I don't really keep up the haters because they rarely make sense and what's the point of trying to figure out their twisted up logic, but I'm getting the sense their hatred has more to do with the actress than the movie. Hard to tell though because these guys can't really speak coherently.
    Yes, it does mostly seem to be about Brie Larson and her activism. I'm sure they would be fine with her if she wasn't taking political stances. Most people were fine with Gal Gadot because she didn't use her role in Wonder
    Woman as a political forum. The only people that objected to Gal Gadot were because of her comments praising the Israeli military, of which she had been a member of.

Incredible Member

Well it has begun! The reviews have been torched on Rotten Tomatoes!
    As I said a little earlier on this thread, the hate campaign will be worse than for The Last Jedi! Beware, it's going to get really dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Well it has begun! The reviews have been torched on Rotten Tomatoes!
    As I said a little earlier on this thread, the hate campaign will be worse than for The Last Jedi! Beware, it's going to get really dirty.
    All thats going to happen is RT will just stop taking fan reveiws in if this **** never stops.

And the RT comment section for the movie gets play as a "news" article because .... ?

This is fake news.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    All thats going to happen is RT will just stop taking fan reveiws in if this **** never stops.
    Which means people will be left with the left-leaning liars known as the "critical consensus" praising the movie and offering little else in the way of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Which means people will be left with the left-leaning liars known as the "critical consensus" praising the movie and offering little else in the way of balance.
    Because the right wing is such a bastion of creativity and never lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yes, it does mostly seem to be about Brie Larson and her activism.
    That I can get that if that what all it was but all of this started months before Larson released any comments. People were going a major tirades because her not smiling and because the ad said her-o. And they knew she was a prefect Mary sue from the trailer. There were dozens of videos about it, lewd comments, and hate tweets everywhere. For where I stand her statements about activism, which aren't that inflammatory taken in context, are just another quibble blown out proportion. The hate seems pretty intense and personal makes no sense. I'm sitting here thinking like dude its just a movie calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Because the right wing is such a bastion of creativity and never lies.
    How is this becoming a left and right issue?? It's a movie about aliens? I can't be the only one thinking this is getting nuts?
    Last edited by dreyga2000; 02-19-2019 at 02:14 PM.