Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Default RTF EXCLUSIVE: ‘A SUPERMAN: RED SON Movie Is Happening, Casting Details’

https://revengeofthefans.com/2019/01...sting-details/

My reaction is "ew", but I guess some of you will dig it.

Finally! I know people are sick of putting Kal-El in an antagonistic light, but Red Son is a great comic.

BANNED

Death and Deconstruction. The only way to market Superman it seems.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Finally! Awesome. I wanted this movie as animated for a while. This and kingdom come.i hope they do justice to it.
    I thought this was going to be a live action. Which I don't want before we get a proper superman movie.

I am not against Red Son, but it is more preferable to see the cartoon Superman: For Tomorrow.

Hope to Christ Timm isn’t directing this, otherwise it will be Batman: Red Son.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hope to Christ Timm isn’t directing this, otherwise it will be Batman: Red Son.
    This is a fear, I can get behind. If he does, it will be how awesome anarchist batgod single handedly took down tyrant alien.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Timm talked about adapting Red Son last year, so I guess he's involved in the project.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/bruce-timm-w...d-a-1822067679

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Timm talked about adapting Red Son last year, so I guess he's involved in the project.

I just hope this is "the gods and monsters" tim.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    I am not against Red Son, but it is more preferable to see the cartoon Superman: For Tomorrow.
    Oh, yes! I'd watch that!

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This is a fear, I can get behind. If he does, it will be how awesome anarchist batgod single handedly took down tyrant alien.
    I have no doubt Timm will whitewash Red Son Batman into a straight up hero and make Supes a villain. Dude is also a hack nowadays. This is going to be awful.

Well, Batman's role is supposed to be pretty small...

I dunno, I still have great fondness for the story, but timing is everything. We're steeped in an era of Not-Superman Superman, because apparently the Real McCoy ain't good enough. There's a time and a place for everything. I like ice cream, I'm not going to hound on ice cream when I have a stomachache.

I wanted this maybe shortly after All-Star Superman came out, but now I just want something more standard that's not one of the Unholy Trinity of Superman stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Yeah, they've been talking about a Red Son adaption for a while now, so I'm not really surprised.

With Long Halloween also announced, I'm guessing we're getting more Elseworld films to offset having more in-continuity films this year.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Hype maybe isn't the word. "Finally" is probably more appropriate of my mood on this.

For like half a second I thought this was live action and my head nearly exploded with questions, fear, and hype.

That makes 3 Superman animated movies coming out almost rapid fire, so that's pretty great for us and him all around. Means the interest is there, and they're trying to see who shows up when it's not just about him dying or coming back to life. This is his Gotham By Gaslight. His big leap. I hope it does well because--and most may not believe it--but this **** has ripple effects on the live action, cartoon, comic, and game side. Bigger chances, more opportunities, and a willingness to greenlight. Some vibrations are smaller than others obviously, but they still hit.

My only actual hope for the movie is that they treat the character as the fundamentally good but horribly misguided guy that Millar made him in the actual book. There's suuuuuuuch a temptation to go for Injustice's crazy man having the longest and most grand public meltdown the galaxy has ever seen. Or generic evil Superman.

Strangely enough I'd rather Timm do it because he made Hernan Guerra from Gods and Monsters. While not the most inspired concept, Hernan wasn't crazy or comically bad like that tool from Injustice. He just came up in a way that filtered his inherent sense of justice out into something harsh. I'd say he's inspired by Red Son if anything, and while the actual Gods & Monsters movie didn't do it for me in some ways, I think he was quite successful with his Superman (mainly because of the Brainiac) So, he's me saying bring on the Timm I guess.

___

On and for the love of god please respect the propaganda poster mixed with art deco art style of the comic. That should honestly favor some of Timm's normal style. I don't want it to look anything like the main universe DCAU shows or Young Justice. Give this one some real personality
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-08-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Hmm...that's a good point. I think you could throw a rock into a crowd and have it hit someone who could write Superman better than Bruce Timm, but its worth taking into account this is an alternate version. He's supposed to be written wrong in terms of what Superman really is anyway. I know that's the ultimate backhanded compliment but I'm just saying its one reason to maybe not be that wary. Considering he doesn't try to give Batman a larger role than called for.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El