Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Lol it’s not implied it’s straight up told to you. The “El” comes from “Luthor”. Supes is a descendant of Lex and Lois.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol it’s not implied it’s straight up told to you. The “El” comes from “Luthor”. Supes is a descendant of Lex and Lois.
    As I said, Red Son is bad and evil Superman story. These are all the arguments you need.

Said with a bit of salt and sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Lex Luthor is bad and most of the time tainted person. Lois Lane wouldn't find someone like that attractive. She is attracted to Clark/Superman not because he is powerful good looking, but because he is a good person and genuenly kind. And as the best reporter alive in DC universe she would smell something bad out of Lex Luthor from a mile.

But Red Son's case is much worse. Its ending implies that Superman is a distant relative of Lois and Lex. Thinking of that makes me want to vomit.
    It all depends on the writer, and the medium. Look at the 'Lois & Clark' tv show where Lois almost married him. She was going to say no at the altar because of her feelings for Clark, but she refused to believe the things Clark said about Lex and only finally bought into it when the cops showed up with a warrant. Byrne's reboot hinted at some things as well.

My original point though, which I admit I failed to articulate well, is that in many incarnations Lex isn't all that bad until after Superman arrives. These versions are usually driven by jealousy. In the case of Red Son, there's no reason for Lois to not be attracted to him...he's good looking, powerful, brilliant, and by all accounts a pretty good man. His quest to destroy the Communist Hero leads him to questionable decisions, but those occur after Lois has a ring on her finger. As far as I can recall, the only sin Red Son Lex is guilty of is working too much and not spending enough time with his wife (prior to Superman's arrival). It's less a case of Lois not being smart enough, and more that Lex isn't publicly bad enough for her to notice before Superman shows up.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s weird how many people think of Red Son as an “evil” Superman because that’s not really how I read him. He’s immoral but not actively malicious or a manchild like Injustice Supes. He’s also capable of empathy and ultimately recognizes that what he’s been doing is wrong. I’d say he’s Superman just misguided.

And while I am fatigued of the Unholy Trinity of Superman stories, we’ve never gotten an animated adaption of Superman’s origin and I would love to get an adaption of Morrison’s run. But more likely we’d get Johns origin and that’s so incredibly dull as a story is rather we didn’t.

I used the word 'evil' very loosely here. For me evil and Superman are opposite words. For me its almost like, if he is evil how can he be Superman? Or if he is Superman how can he be evil?

Red Son Superman is definitely not evil. One of my favorite Superman moments ever includes him. (For more words on that moment check out my post in Superman appreciation thread 2019). Red Son's Superman exhibits almost everything that Superman shall exhibit. But its just distorted. For example Superman wants to help. Red Son wants that too. But Red Son doesn't have respect for democracy which the classic Superman has. In fact, one can have a better appreciation of the original due to the distortion in my opinion. He's Superman. But just as you said, misguided.

So, that's the only 'evil' Superman done right. If people point to that Injustice guy, they may call him Superman but i don't even call him Superman. Ordinarily, i would welcome a Red Son with open arms but amidst a lot of deaths and 'evil' Superman its not as welcome as it ordinarily should be.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-10-2019 at 10:08 AM.

I don't like Red Son because there shouldn't be a universe where Lois Lane would ever consider Lex Luthor as a partner. It's bad enough we have Crime Syndicate universe, ugh.
    One reason i don't go back to Kingdom Come and Red Son again and again as i would go to a favorite Superman story is because Lois and Clark aren't together. Thus, both books loose some of that 'oomph' for me. Red Son has some moments which might appeal to a Clois fan. And i liked them.

https://revengeofthefans.com/2019/01...sting-details/

My reaction is "ew", but I guess some of you will dig it.
    Why ew? Red Son seems like a great comic (loved the motion comic version at least, and the book is very high up on my to read list). This seems like a really great thing assuming they don't futz it up on the script writing/directing end.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Unholy Trinity of Superman stories.
    The hell are the Unholy Trinity of Superman stories? I'm assuming Death of is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, they've been talking about a Red Son adaption for a while now, so I'm not really surprised.

With Long Halloween also announced, I'm guessing we're getting more Elseworld films to offset having more in-continuity films this year.
    Wait, Long Halloween has been announced? Got a link anywhere? I love that story (although it seems a little too long to adapt in a 70~ish minutes long movie).

BANNED

Lex Luthor is bad and most of the time tainted person. Lois Lane wouldn't find someone like that attractive. She is attracted to Clark/Superman not because he is powerful good looking, but because he is a good person and genuenly kind. And as the best reporter alive in DC universe she would smell something bad out of Lex Luthor from a mile.

But Red Son's case is much worse. Its ending implies that Superman is a distant relative of Lois and Lex. Thinking of that makes me want to vomit.
    there are many good lex luthors in multiverse and Red Son Lex is one of them. If you remember Infinite Crisis, there is a good lex in it. Actually main villain was his son... but i think that happened 'cause when good lex came to an bad lex luthor reality, he got tainted and turned evil. That's my teori of DC Multiverse ofcourse. Well, in short, Lois can find a good Lex attractive.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The hell are the Unholy Trinity of Superman stories? I'm assuming Death of is one of them.
    Kingdom Come, Red Son and either DKR or Injustice.

Kingdom Come, Red Son and either DKR or Injustice.
    All we need is a 5th and you can call it the "evil/dark hand" of Superman stories....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    These people should be horse-whipped for not putting "animated" into their title. Way to bait fans so they click your site. A live action Red Son has been talked about for yonks and many times it looked like such a movie was in development. So RTF has to know that fans are going to jump at the bait. They are evil.
    Yeah, that caught me out too.

Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    - Origin
    - Dies
    - Fights other DC heroes

While not that strongly I agree with the dislike on the ending twist of Red Son. Less because of the heritage but more on the concept of that "witty" ending as a whole which IMO annihilates the point of the whole book. It would have worked fine in any other independent (as in non Superman/known franchise related) stories; but here it kills the premise the book is build on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    These people should be horse-whipped for not putting "animated" into their title. Way to bait fans so they click your site. A live action Red Son has been talked about for yonks and many times it looked like such a movie was in development. So RTF has to know that fans are going to jump at the bait. They are evil.
    Hard to disagree here

First mental image on title:

BANNED

And when do they plan to release this? They have planned and announced their current animated roster or is it something seperate like Batman Ninja was?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    And when do they plan to release this? They have planned and announced their current animated roster or is it something seperate like Batman Ninja was?
    It would be part of the next batch in 2020 along with Long Halloween.