Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I was very open minded to this arc when it started but now I feel that this story line and direction is pointless. I just watched the first 3 episodes of Young Justice and can’t understand why DC dropped the covert spy angle they had with Grayson. Young Justice Night Wing is the proof that it can work.
    because they figured the way to bring back fans trust after New 52 brought them to only 25% market share is to bring everything and everyone to their most recognizable state... partly... while still keeping parts of New 52 they want to continue. A sensational headline that speaks "the classics are comic back".

Why be a sleek spy when he can be dirty bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why be a sleek spy when he can be dirty bum.
    Literally getting into Bond bc i miss grayson so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Even to the people that defended this story this had to have felt like a lackluster ending to the Scarecrow arc. It kind of just fizzled out with Ric becoming a "hero" again as soon as the dumb Nightwings team got in trouble. Just like everyone saw coming from a mile away. The amount of laziness here in the writing, and even the art in this issue, was overwhelming.
    Did literally ANYBODY defend this story? I’m at a loss here....

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Did literally ANYBODY defend this story? I’m at a loss here....
    Yeah, some reviews and a few others on reddit have been defending this direction for some reason. I think a small group of them are just Lobdell defenders and the larger group of others must have hit their head or something around the time this arc started. Since I don't know why anyone would defend a story where DC put zero effort or care in it.

Yeah, some reviews and a few others on reddit have been defending this direction for some reason. I think a small group of them are just Lobdell defenders and the larger group of others must have hit their head or something around the time this arc started. Since I don't know why anyone would defend a story where DC put zero effort or care in it.
    Some people didn't know about what happened behind the scenes. They just thought this was natural continuation of Nightwing to Batman to Nightwing story, and whether they knew about the behind the scenes, they're genuinely interested in what happens with Dick if he's amnesia, some because they find the previous stories meandering and boring.

There's the Lobdell defenders and mindless DC fanboys. Those guys are honestly pretty crazy and kinda scary.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Some people didn't know about what happened behind the scenes. They just thought this was natural continuation of Nightwing to Batman to Nightwing story, and whether they knew about the behind the scenes, they're genuinely interested in what happens with Dick if he's amnesia, some because they find the previous stories meandering and boring.
    The natural contuation of character's stories seems to have died a while ago. At least to me, that's what I constantly b**** about lol. Honestly I hate looking at comics as a buisness or behind the scenes because that's not why I read comics or love these characters. I read comics for almost a decade without really caring about the stuff in the background. I'm the kinda guy who sits and reads wikis and tries to figure out how everything fits together no matter how broken it was.

Now things are just dust, there is no continuity expect when there is. Characters don't matter but then they do with no build up or proper stories told to get them in their current position and so on. DC just keeps pushing what they think is iconic but they keep changing what that is and nothing makes sense anymore.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Is Bea the Barmaid the transgender character Dick was rumored to be taking up with, last year?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Is Bea the Barmaid the transgender character Dick was rumored to be taking up with, last year?
    I don't think there ever was such a rumour. Where'd you hear it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I don't think there ever was such a rumour. Where'd you hear it?
    He's probably thinking of Batgirl's roommate from a while back. That was the last time I heard any news about Bat-characters with a trans connection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Please, no. Ten characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    There's the Lobdell defenders and mindless DC fanboys. Those guys are honestly pretty crazy and kinda scary.
    Crazier and scarier than us?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Crazier and scarier than us?
    Oh you have not seen anything until you see some of this storyline's defenders. Something something relatable to young guys in college. My brains hurt reading it.

I swear with Kings weird stories and this, and Damien regressing some I think the bat family finally got hit by the 52 blues. Or whatever this insanity can be called.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Something something relatable to young guys in college.
    Yeah... sounds about right. Red Arse was pretty much two Young Adult hanging out and messing around but with guns and robots