Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Alans my favourite GL, I love his design, I love his connection to Gotham and I love his powerset. Whats his personality though ? I always find it hard to peg down unlike some more modern characters.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Alans my favourite GL, I love his design, I love his connection to Gotham and I love his powerset. Whats his personality though ? I always find it hard to peg down unlike some more modern characters.
    From what I've read of Alan Scott he doesn't have a bombastic personality but he is usually a little.more on the serious side than say Jay Garrick who is more light hearted. Being located in Gotham I guess will do that. Lol.

He is also a leader. Alan is a very successful head of a radio station and I think he lead the JSA for a bit.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I've always seen Alan as a more quiet reserved Superman.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    He is also a leader. Alan is a very successful head of a radio station and I think he lead the JSA for a bit.
    He did, though only for one issue. Early on, the rule was that when a character got their own ongoing title, they had to leave the JSA. (Hence Superman and Batman always being honorary members, since they already had their own titles.) Jay was the first JSA chairman, but he only lasted three or four issues before getting his own title (All-Flash) and becoming an honorary member. Alan became the next chairman, but he only lasted a single issue before also getting his own title and becoming an honorary member too.

Then Hawkman took over, and since he was never quiiiite popular enough for his own title, he just stayed the chairman (even after the rule was relaxed, Wonder Woman joined, and Flash and GL were allowed to return to active duty).

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Alan Scott made an animated appearance on BATMAN: THE BOLD & THE BRAVE.
    "Crisis 22,300 Miles above Earth".
    Voiced by Corey Burton.

AlanScottB&B.jpg

Nobody rocks a puffy red blouse like Alan Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Alan Scott made an animated appearance on BATMAN: THE BOLD & THE BRAVE.
    "Crisis 22,300 Miles above Earth".
    Voiced by Corey Burton.

Not to mention an issue of the comic book related to the animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Nobody rocks a puffy red blouse like Alan Scott!
    A) This
    B) What they said
    C) QFT
    D) All of the above

803953.jpg
    1char.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Ah, I remember those old "Blue Ribbon" Digests from back in the 1980s.

(Back when I could easily read stuff that small!)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Ah, I remember those old "Blue Ribbon" Digests from back in the 1980s.

(Back when I could easily read stuff that small!)
    They were great. My father used to give them to me in those little mini bags as well.

I also really liked the one with Hal Jordan on the cover and the Flash one as well.

I really enjoyed the "Green Lantern 75th Anniversary" variant cover for Detective Comics #44 from back in 2015:

variant cover by Cliff Chiang

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    He did, though only for one issue. Early on, the rule was that when a character got their own ongoing title, they had to leave the JSA. (Hence Superman and Batman always being honorary members, since they already had their own titles.) Jay was the first JSA chairman, but he only lasted three or four issues before getting his own title (All-Flash) and becoming an honorary member. Alan became the next chairman, but he only lasted a single issue before also getting his own title and becoming an honorary member too.

Then Hawkman took over, and since he was never quiiiite popular enough for his own title, he just stayed the chairman (even after the rule was relaxed, Wonder Woman joined, and Flash and GL were allowed to return to active duty).
    I have heard that Hawkman's main barrier to getting his own title in 1942 was WWII paper rationing, and by the time rationing ended, superhero comics were already in decline.

Alan had a very complicated love life. Married two super villainess's. Guess he liked the bad girls.

RCO008.jpg