Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You mean more relevant than this?

Categorically. Doomsday Clock is an objectively bigger project than that book was at 49 issues and it's outright saying without Alan, the DCU is a significantly bleaker place. It's the most emphasis with actual stakes DC has given Alan in a while.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Justice Society of America, but Doomsday Clock is a bigger deal and so is Alan's role.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    alan vs guy

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
    I liked that scene in Batman the Brave and the Bold where Guy was messing with Alan over his weakness of wood:
    Guy, “[...] What happens if someone comes after you with a stick?”
    Alan, “Same thing that happens to you if they paint it yellow.”

I really like Alan Scott. He wasn’t the first Golden Age superhero I had heard of, but he’s certainly a cool one.

So... judging by the more recent images I’ve been seeing, does this mean that New 52 Alan Scott is no longer a thing? And I remember DC pretty much reset Earth-2, but I have no idea where it went after that. So is he part of the main universe?

Sorry, trying to catch up with DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    . . . So... judging by the more recent images I’ve been seeing, does this mean that New 52 Alan Scott is no longer a thing? And I remember DC pretty much reset Earth-2, but I have no idea where it went after that. So is he part of the main universe?
    New 52 Alan Scott was on a separate Earth from the majority of DC's main Earth / main stories.

I don't know if anybody really has any idea if he / if that Earth is still "a thing" or not any longer. (I don't know if even DC knows or not at this point.) But I've never considered him to be the same thing as the original Golden Age version of Alan Scott anyway, just a "reimagining" and separate being.

Boisterously Confused

I find that I'm especially fond of (the original) Green Lantern before writers adopted the schtick of his green flame creating constructs. I don't mind the odd set of knuckles, or shield coming out of the beam now and then, but I kind of liked his power as an augment to his abilities, rather than a focus of them.

New 52 Alan Scott was on a separate Earth from the majority of DC's main Earth / main stories.

I don't know if anybody really has any idea if he / if that Earth is still "a thing" or not any longer. (I don't know if even DC knows or not at this point.) But I've never considered him to be the same thing as the original Golden Age version of Alan Scott anyway, just a "reimagining" and separate being.
    The new Earth-2 characters appeared in the penultimate issue of Snyder's JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I didn't realize Snyder was done writing the Justice League . . .

I didn't realize Snyder was done writing the Justice League . . .
    The penultimate issue that came out.

The penultimate issue that came out.
    How about just an issue number instead?

I see, so what is their deal?

Lol Sometimes it seems like DC rarely knows what their doing.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

alanyc.jpg
    1char.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The current rumbling around the rumor mill is that Alan Scott will be appearing in Stargirl. I really hope this is true and we get a well-aged Alan in the live action series. Alan is such a wonderful character and I never thought I'd see him in proper live action my entire life. Really hope this comes to pass.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I think the closet we came to seeing Alan in live action was the brief montage of the JSA in Smallville.

It was a nice touch seeing it in black and white with only Alan's ring in color to stand out.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

How about just an issue number instead?
    Jesus, you must be fun at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I see, so what is their deal?
    It was just a cameo. They were in the background among other multiversal teams.
    I was surprised to see them, as I thought DC would just ignore that new Earth-2 after the series ended.
    I'm still hoping they'll return to a more classic E2 someday.
    The new one had some potential, but they completely ruined it once Robinson left (and he also had some very bad choices, like the unending arc with the evil ressurected Superman).