View Poll Results: Do you look forward to a new creative team?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • This book was a mistake in the first place.

10 58.82%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I answered no to the poll, here's why.

The creative team has been excellent so far, yet , I can't help but wonder how stupid it is to have one of the O5 roaming the universe living a life of space pirate.
    What are the odds for a skrull ship to blow tCyke to smitheren and rewrite the entire Reality by accident, if not cause it to completely collapse.
    Or the Shi'ar (who obviously don't care from such conséquences, cf the fake Trial of Jeen).
    Or the Badoons.

*eyeroll*

It also shines a bad light on everyone involved in this shenanigan, from the Starjammers to Corsair: they litteraly fought like hell to prevent the end of the universe in the past, yet they are ok putting it in jeopardy anytime young Scott is being endangered.
    Preview of issue #3 is an hilarious symbol of their recklessness and disdain to such outcome.
    Hello there...

Again, the artist and writer are doing a great job, issue #1 was really classy, #2 was still solid to me in term of crafting - but the whole set-up of the serie is completely ridiculous to begin with.
    It's not Rucka's fault though: Bendis doesn't care of the ramifications of his own stories, so why should Rucka be the one to adress them ?
    I guess he doesn't want to go near it thus why he ignored it so far, only to tell his story.
    It would have been nice to see the characters at least aware of the dangerosity of having young Cyke exposed to constant danger though, especially the father Corsair: "If something were to happen to my son the universe could implode or something, so do me a favor, take extra-care of him guys".
    Not gonna happen ?
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Well, that's disheartening. Rucka does good work and I adore Dauterman's phenomenal artwork. Best. Hepzibah. Ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I answered no to the poll, here's why.

The creative team has been excellent so far, yet , I can't help but wonder how stupid it is to have one of the O5 roaming the universe living a life of space pirate.
    What are the odds for a skrull ship to blow tCyke to smitheren and rewrite the entire Reality by accident, if not cause it to completely collapse.
    Or the Shi'ar (who obviously don't care from such conséquences, cf the fake Trial of Jeen).
    Or the Badoons.

*eyeroll*

It also shines a bad light on everyone involved in this shenanigan, from the Starjammers to Corsair: they litteraly fought like hell to prevent the end of the universe in the past, yet they are ok putting it in jeopardy anytime young Scott is being endangered.
    Preview of issue #3 is an hilarious symbol of their recklessness and disdain to such outcome.
    Hello there...

Again, the artist and writer are doing a great job, issue #1 was really classy, #2 was still solid to me in term of crafting - but the whole set-up of the serie is completely ridiculous to begin with.
    It's not Rucka's fault though: Bendis doesn't care of the ramifications of his own stories, so why should Rucka be the one to adress them ?
    I guess he doesn't want to go near it thus why he ignored it so far, only to tell his story.
    It would have been nice to see the characters at least aware of the dangerosity of having young Cyke exposed to constant danger though, especially the father Corsair: "If something were to happen to my son the universe could implode or something, so do me a favor, take extra-care of him guys".
    Not gonna happen ?
    I too voted no for the same reasons as People of the Earth/ The actual comic is quality work, but the reasoning for the book and the actual idea of putting young Scott in dangerous space adventures is counter intuitive to the whole "safeguarding the spacetime continuum."

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Well, that's disheartening. Rucka does good work and I adore Dauterman's phenomenal artwork. Best. Hepzibah. Ever.
    Dat Corsair *swoon*

Spectacular Member

Corsair probably doesn't know Cyclops is Doom locked.

If these time traveling people can't actually go back, what is the alternative? Lock them in a padded room? Won't be good enough cause they can choke on their cheerios. Remember, these people have done nothing wrong.

So are you going to do something morally repugnant to insure these people that are blameless for their situation can't in any way be injured, just to save the status quo when heroes change the timeline every few months? If so, feel free to join the illuminati and stop calling yourself a hero because you will no longer be one.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePriest View Post

If these time traveling people can't actually go back, what is the alternative? Lock them in a padded room? Won't be good enough cause they can choke on their cheerios. Remember, these people have done nothing wrong.

So are you going to do something morally repugnant to insure these people that are blameless for their situation can't in any way be injured, just to save the status quo when heroes change the timeline every few months? If so, feel free to join the illuminati and stop calling yourself a hero because you will no longer be one.
    Stop describing Beast, even to the Illuminati point.
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 07-28-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

While I do like the book getting a continuance, I too am sad that Rucka's leaving. Can't wait to see the rest of his run.

Also Idaqi, could I ask for a neutral no option on the poll?

Am I imagining it, or do Marvel regularly start new comics off with a well know creative team only to replace them a few issues/arcs in?
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Good, then have tCyke monologue about how he keeps his father in the dark so they can spend time together.
    Sure, he'd come off as a selfish teenager, but he already came off that way in BotA, so that'd be actually in-character.

If these time traveling people can't actually go back, what is the alternative?
    I think not throwing them in front of the Badoons or the Purifiers would be a good start.
    Notice how even the Purifiers knew how tremendously stupid and dangerous an idea having the O5 around was.

Lock them in a padded room? Won't be good enough cause they can choke on their cheerios. Remember, these people have done nothing wrong.
    As if it would stop SHIELD to lock them up in one of their super-facility, in name of "national security" or whatever... And they'd actually be right about the threat posed.
    They should be pressuring the JGS about this actually.

So are you going to do something morally repugnant to insure these people that are blameless for their situation can't in any way be injured, just to save the status quo when heroes change the timeline every few months?
    Morally repugnant ? You sounds like Kitty now.
    Besides, can't they just stay at one of the school, benched and off the field, until someone figures out how to send them back ? You know, besides Magik of course.
    Oh yeah, plothole right there.

If so, feel free to join the illuminati and stop calling yourself a hero because you will no longer be one.
    1. I don't see the point of your remark since I'm not a comicbook character. Obviously.
    2. If I were though, I'd probably wouldn't play superheroes anyway. I'd be more interested in solving real world issues than anything else.
    3. Come to think of it, I'd join the Illuminati just to tell them that - try and help the world some more please. And open up your ranks to the other half of humanity, thank you.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 07-28-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    Dat Corsair *swoon*
    I wish I were a woman and in the Marvel Universe so I could have sex with Corsair. He's what every man should be.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Am I imagining it, or do Marvel regularly start new comics off with a well know creative team only to replace them a few issues/arcs in?
    It ain't you. Probably a case of getting as many eyeballs as they can for the first arc, then switching off to the team with lower page rates as the attrition starts.

BANNED

Not excited for the switch but feel the new team will carry on a similar flavor.
    Rucka is leaving as his novel schedule and promotion has increased and that is his main focus (he basically said as much when he started). Marvel at SDCC said he is welcome to return and they hope he does when his schedule permits, but he will never have year upon year runs due to his 1st priority of novels. Layman has a very similar writing aesthetic so it should stay pretty consistent.
    Russ D was pulled for a high profile assignment, he would have been shooting his own profile by not accepting. The cycle of promotion is firmly with the Avengers at the moment. Good for RD's career for sure if he can keep on schedule. Garron also has a similar style so again, not too jarring.
    Right now Marvel is using their lower-tier (not guaranteed sellers) as a proving ground IMO. Are the creators getting good word of mouth, can they do multi-issue arcs without missing deadlines, are the books selling enough to last more than 6-8 issues? I don't see them planning far future on many unless they are brought out with an A-list creative team from the start. When they see they are pulling sales longer than expected but starting to reach a plateau you will see more full team change-up's to keep production at a lower rate. As much as I like this title it seems finite in the length the story can run. I think this is a lead-in to a Starjammers series so the X-line has their own version of the Guardians.
    All speculation on my part but there does appear to be a plan as to how new series are being released and how many have one middle to big-named writer (at least notorious) and a much less known or proven artist. The big titles get the big stars from the start. Not a conspiracy, just business. #1's and most 2 issues are typically proven to sell and go to 2nd printing in current state, due to sell-outs of lower print runs.

Spectacular Member

Trading creators I love for other creators I love. Not too shabby.

Still, I am disappointed to see Rucka jump ship so quickly. Maybe he want's to focus on Lazarus and the new ongoing volume of Stumptown.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    It ain't you. Probably a case of getting as many eyeballs as they can for the first arc, then switching off to the team with lower page rates as the attrition starts.
    That's what I figured.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Not excited for the switch but feel the new team will carry on a similar flavor.
    Rucka is leaving as his novel schedule and promotion has increased and that is his main focus (he basically said as much when he started). Marvel at SDCC said he is welcome to return and they hope he does when his schedule permits, but he will never have year upon year runs due to his 1st priority of novels.
    Seems like a solid reason, that's the OP answered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Right now Marvel is using their lower-tier (not guaranteed sellers) as a proving ground IMO. Are the creators getting good word of mouth, can they do multi-issue arcs without missing deadlines, are the books selling enough to last more than 6-8 issues? I don't see them planning far future on many unless they are brought out with an A-list creative team from the start. When they see they are pulling sales longer than expected but starting to reach a plateau you will see more full team change-up's to keep production at a lower rate.
    As much as I like this title it seems finite in the length the story can run. I think this is a lead-in to a Starjammers series so the X-line has their own version of the Guardians.
    All speculation on my part but there does appear to be a plan as to how new series are being released and how many have one middle to big-named writer (at least notorious) and a much less known or proven artist. The big titles get the big stars from the start. Not a conspiracy, just business. #1's and most 2 issues are typically proven to sell and go to 2nd printing in current state, due to sell-outs of lower print runs.
    Yeah, that's an impression I get with a few of Marvel's "proving ground" titles and even with a few team books.
    A-List talent on not guaranteed seller to get it going, followed by a creative shift.
    They seem to do it with the cast in team books as well.
    I don't mind it as long as the quality and tone remain consistent, and from your post Layman should be similar enough.
    Last edited by anthony_lynch15; 07-28-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Replying to Anduinel's post.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Comment from Nick Lowe: ”Really sad that Greg had to step off, but his novel schedule was getting really intense – we’ll see him back in the X-world realy soon.”

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...-over-cyclops/