Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

They certainly could make money with a book with Logan and Jean but i'm just saying that i don't think they are interested in having Logan (or Jean or Scott) in super serious relationships that spawn decades. There was a time were Marvel worked that way but they don't do that anymore, the problem is not Jean or Logan or Jogan, the problem is Marvel's physlosophy

Ultimate Member

Well as long as Marvel didn't push Logan/Jean like they did with Scott/Jean it could work for years and years, and Marvel could just leave them alone and not focus everything on them and they'd be fine, otherwise they'd risk alienating fans every time they turn around for one short lived "gotcha" pairing after another...the books need a stable long term pairing or two...and L/J works for one that they'd already know many fans would LOVE to see...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well as long as Marvel didn't push Logan/Jean like they did with Scott/Jean it could work for years and years, and Marvel could just leave them alone and not focus everything on them and they'd be fine, otherwise they'd risk alienating fans every time they turn around for one short lived "gotcha" pairing after another...the books need a stable long term pairing or two...and L/J works for one that they'd already know many fans would LOVE to see...
    Again, i think anything can work, relationships work or fail not because it makes sense but because marvel gets bored or tries to do other things. If Jean and Logan where paired i have no doubt people would buy it but just like what happened with Jean and Scott you only need a "genius" who doesn't like it to end it, even if it doesn't make sense to end it, even if they swear each other eternal love.

Believe me I'm talking from experience as a jott fan. If they gave you exactly what you have wanted all these years it will be frustrating to lose it. Just put yourself into jott shippers shoes (and scemma shippers soon wil be there), imagine Marvel puts Jean and Logan together and it is beautiful and last for years but then they want to try something different for Logan or for Jean and suddenly start messing with them contradicthing so many stuff, that it becomes painful to read. then they try to make the other relationships characters look cool by denigrating Jean/Logan, that would suck but thats how marvel has worked this stuff with Scott/Jean, Scott/Maddie, Scemma.

Serious relationships are the best thing but also the worst thing for the characters, they are so beautiful but also so fleeting. Marvel is not DC, they sell a different product and theirs implies a cheap concept of change and this implies that nothing is sacred.

Ultimate Member

Well yeah Marvel tends to not like long term things but that can change and we've had some long term to some degree stuff lately, and Logan/Jean could happen and last with neither overwhelming the other character or story wise...

Ultimate Member

Maybe once AoX is over have the group that left come back and see a news report about Scott and Logan and a very public fight on tv, though sadly Marvel seems intent on pushing Jean and Bishop effecting her after AoX is over to some degree...

All-New Member

Anyone read the preview for infinity watch, very nice Jean and Logan moment in there...

https://www.newsarama.com/43923-wolv...y-watch-1.html
    Last edited by Red_Paladin; 02-17-2019 at 02:07 AM.

I have not read the comic yet, but this panel was rather cute. Two close friends meeting each other after being back from the dead, can be very emotional stuff.

Have you read it? Was it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    I have not read the comic yet, but this panel was rather cute. Two close friends meeting each other after being back from the dead, can be very emotional stuff.

Gerry Duggan writing Wolverine is always something to be celebrated, but that isn't Jean, is Loki disguised as her, Logan smelled him and stabbed him right after.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

thse two still didn't had a good reunion

Ultimate Member

The next reunion will be interesting when Jean and the others come back from AoX...

I was just thinking how curious it is that maybe thanks to the movies Logan/Jean is the more known ship for the general public. I mean, the movies had a bigger reach than TAS or the books. For the majority of the people the FOX movies were their first and definitive experience with the x-men

Ultimate Member

Which is why outside of some comic fans the movie going public and many comic fans would be perfectly fine with Logan/Jean and it could happen once the fallout from AoX is over imho...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post

It was a pretty decent story, though it would of been way better if it really had been Jean, (such a sweet moment until the reveal) rather than Loki being a jerk trying to mess with Logan, still Logan got to meet future Phoenix Wolverine, drank beer from the end of time, and was given the time bat\stick, to help him find the now scattered and sentient infinity stones...