Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Default Ahoy Comic's The Wrong Earth

Is anyone else reading Ahoy comic's series The Wrong Earth? I'm really enjoying it so far. Essentially it is like if the Silverage Batman and modern day switched earth's.

I don't think I've seen / heard of them before . . .

http://comicsahoy.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't think I've seen / heard of them before . . .

http://comicsahoy.com/
    At first I thought it was a book from a certain fandom.

However I discovered it was very good and LUCKED OUT on getting all the earlier issues along with issue 5.

I think you would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    At first I thought it was a book from a certain fandom.

However I discovered it was very good and LUCKED OUT on getting all the earlier issues along with issue 5.

I think you would like it.
    Any particular reason why I would like it?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

One of my favorite ongoing titles at the moment. Truly a gem.

Do we know if Ahoy will release a trade for this book? Want to read them but can't find them at my shop and I don't think they can order them

Amazing Member

I haven't caught up with the later issues yet, but I think it's very interesting series. Both as a story and as a commentary on the superhero genre. It has great potential for sure, and Jamal Igle is doing a wonderful job as the penciller.

I haven't heard anything about the trades yet.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Anybody finish up on this?

The final issue was a "meh", but I might pick it up when it returns. I like Jamal Igle's art a lot.

It was a solid enough start, and Ahoy seems interested in putting out fun stuff!

Extraordinary Member

The Wrong Earth: Superstar Creators Unite for the Ultimate Crisis on Infinite Earths Parody
    This new series consists of five standalone specials, each set on a different Earth in this multiverse. First up is The Wrong Earth: Trapped on Teen Planet #1, which lampoons Archie and the entire Riverdale crew. Fittingly, Archie Comics mainstay Dan Parent is even drawing one of the covers. If you thought 2014's Archie vs. Predator was weird, this parody might just outdo it.

Trapped on Teen Planet is written by Gail Simone (Red Sonja, Secret Six), drawn by Bill Morrison (The Simpsons), Walter Geovani (Red Sonja/ Tarzan) and Rob Lean (Smallville: Alien), colored by Andy Troy and lettered by Rob Steen.

Here's a breakdown of the remaining four Wrong Earth specials, including the creators involved:

THE WRONG EARTH: FAME & FORTUNE #1 from writer Mark Russell, artist Michael Montenat, colorist Andy Troy, and letterer Rob Steen. On sale in April, this comic from the writer of Billionaire Island provides a satirical look at two different versions of Richard Fame and how, despite the best and worst intentions, huge gobs of money determine their own results.

THE WRONG EARTH: PURPLE #1 from writer Stuart Moore, artist by Fred Harper, and letterer by Rob Steen. On sale in May, this one-shot introduces Earth-Kappa, a dark but glossy world of big hair, shoulder pads, Wall Street traders, rubber super-suits, and funk music. Get the funk up!

THE WRONG EARTH: CONFIDENCE MEN #1 by writer Mark Waid, artist Leonard Kirk, and letterer Rob Steen. On sale in June, it’s the tale of two sidekicks! On campy Earth-Alpha, circumstances force kid sidekick Stinger to become Dragonflyman's mentor! On gritty Earth-Omega, Dragonfly and Stinger go to war—against each other!

THE WRONG EARTH: MEAT #1 from writer Tom Peyer, artist Greg Scott, and letterer Rob Steen, on sale in July. On campy Earth-Alpha, Dragonflyman and Stinger follow clues to foil the beef-themed crimes of Dr. Meat. On gritty Earth Omega, a tragedy compels Dragonfly to imprison a criminal in an abandoned slaughterhouse—just to have someone to talk to.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Interesting a Crisis parody. I may check it out.