View Poll Results: What do you think of Red Hulk nowadays?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it! Red Hulk is MY Hulk!

1 20.00%
  • Hated it! The only Hulk should be green!

2 40.00%
  • It was ok. Not great but not terrible, either.

1 20.00%
  • Don't really care, one way or the other.

1 20.00%
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Default 10+ years later, what do you think of Red Hulk's (Ross) run?

It's been over 10 years since Red Hulk was introduced in Hulk #1 back in 2008. Time flies, right? That being the case, what do you think of him, now that his arc's been wrapped up (for now)?

Me, I adore the entirety of his run and think that the Hulk books lost something when he (and the rest of the expanded Hulk cast) were shuffled off during the Omega Hulk arc. Yeah, some of it's better than others, but I find all of it enjoyable. If I had to rank 'em, I'd put them thusly:
    1. Parker (Hulk): the gold standard. In fact, I think it's one of the best Hulk runs (green or red) of all time
    2. Soule (Thunderbolts): Soule made this team work, and it was my favorite comic for a while there
    3. Loeb (Hulk): a totally balls-out, insane introduction to the character, but it got really strong toward the midpoint and ended on a high note. Just good comics, if you ask me
    4. Bendis (Avengers): Bendis did some good stuff with Ross, including his brawl against the possessed Thing during Fear Itself
    5. Way (Thunderbolts): Just kinda ho-hum. Nothing too bad here that I recall but nothing particularly memorable, either. Props for making the book Code Red 2.0, though
    6. Duggan (Hulk): I only place this here because this was the end of the line for Red Hulk, and it wasn't great. They made Ross seem completely overmatched against Hulk, though I guess we don't know hoe powerful Doc Green was compared to the Worldbreaker, but I'm guessing he wasn't anywhere near as tough
    7. Acker & Blacker (Thunderbolts): This arc was basically a Punisher wank-fest, so Ross wasn't the only one mistreated. Still, not very good: the book should've ended when Soule left

I'd love it if he came back but I'm not holding my breath.

What can I say but, "I love comics."

No one comes out okay from the wrath of Waybolts. I wish he was just the Rulk of USAvengers, damn it. Ross Hulk in a Hulkbuster vs the first appearance of Immortal Hulk? C'mon son. Woulda been dope.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    No one comes out okay from the wrath of Waybolts. I wish he was just the Rulk of USAvengers, damn it. Ross Hulk in a Hulkbuster vs the first appearance of Immortal Hulk? C'mon son. Woulda been dope.
    I couldn't tell you how disappointed I was when I learned it wasn't Ross in that book. Learning that caused me to not buy the book at ll, and I was really excited for it prior to that point.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I wish he'd stayed a villain. He was super fun at the start, but he sort of got watered down overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I couldn't tell you how disappointed I was when I learned it wasn't Ross in that book. Learning that caused me to not buy the book at ll, and I was really excited for it prior to that point.
    Exact same happened to me.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I liked how they came up with someone supposedly stronger than Hulk!

I also liked all the characters Rulk beat up when he first appeared, including giving the Watcher a black eye for watching (that is just wrong, lol)!

But I don't think they kept up the momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I liked how they came up with someone supposedly stronger than Hulk!

I also liked all the characters Rulk beat up when he first appeared, including giving the Watcher a black eye for watching (that is just wrong, lol)!

But I don't think they kept up the momentum.
    I think that's the problem with a lot of villains. You start them off strong, but it's nearly impossible to keep the momentum going. Sort of like how Bane broke the Bat or Doomsday killed Superman. After a very strong debut, Red Hulk little by little started going downhill and never really recovered.