Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Jonathan Hickman

Wanted to talk about creators and with Hickman there’s certainly LOADS to talk about.
    What was his favourite his book at Marvel? What did/didn’t you like?
    If he was to write another book at Marvel, what would you like it to be?

I want him to relaunch Inhumans. They were his fam during all his Marvel stuff anyway. He's not really needed in any of the major franchises except X-Men. He could do Thor if Marvel really wanted to keep eyes on the book.

Also, this--

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...96460190203904
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I had no idea he was writing something in 2019!! Can’t wait already!

I’d like to see him writing The Eternals. Especially with the film rumours.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

His FF run is my favorite of his Marvel stuff, along with the initial SHIELD issues which were incredible. Howard, Nathaniel, Da Vinci and Tesla!!

Hickman is a unique talent, and I find his work extremely interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Fantastic Four. Felt like updated version of that classic Lee/Kirby/Sinnott and Byrne feel and the best run since those 2 in my opinion.

Defenders, Excalibur, Thunderbolts...

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Wanted to talk about creators and with Hickman there’s certainly LOADS to talk about.
    I liked almost every thing he wrote at Marvel.

I'd like him to write a Namor book, and fix the mess he left Namor in.
    Barring that, I'd settle for a Super Villain Team Up book with DOOOM and Namor -- where he fixes the mess he left Namor in.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I want him to relaunch Inhumans. They were his fam during all his Marvel stuff anyway. He's not really needed in any of the major franchises except X-Men. He could do Thor if Marvel really wanted to keep eyes on the book.

Also, this--

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...96460190203904

Interesting. I was wondering what he was doing. I'm betting the Eternals. Movie properties must be pushed, and all that.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-09-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I second that suggestion about a SVTU relaunch, Reviresco. I first met Jonathan Hickman early into his Fantastic Four run at either the first or second C2E2 in Chicago and got him to sign his debut FF issue for me. There weren't that many fans around his table then. Later when this new convention really took off, it was moved to the newer portion of McCormick Place in Chicago. By then he had a lot of fans in line. I was lucky enough to have found one of those blank covers of New Avengers #1, which introduced Black Swan. So I do own a sketch over of Doom done by him and I gave him a gift in return...a Tokidoki Doom. Whether or not he's worked it out of his system, I would like to see him revisit Doom now that he is on this new path.

Glad to see he's sent something to Tom B.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-09-2019 at 08:28 AM.

I’d like to see him writing The Eternals.
    Seconded.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was also thinking since another title Hickman worked on was Secret Warriors with Bendis. I'd like to see him write Nick Fury....and bring him back to "normal". I don't like his new role at all.

One of my favorite writers of all time. His Avengers/New Avengers run was FANTASTIC. I loved Secret Wars. And it's not Marvel, but he's the reason I got into reading Image as well because I picked up East of West #1 and it's blown me away ever since.

I'd love to see him tackle Daredevil or a Captain America solo. His knack for world building is amazing.

I feel Hickman writes too “big” for Daredevil. Which is why I’d like to see him do it as I’m sure he’d end up proving me wrong.

But I really see him doing Eternals. Can’t imagine what else they’d give him.

I feel Hickman writes too “big” for Daredevil. Which is why I’d like to see him do it as I’m sure he’d end up proving me wrong.

But I really see him doing Eternals. Can’t imagine what else they’d give him.
    I agree with you, which is why it would be so interesting. Because I'm confident he would be able to take small locations for a street hero like DD and blow them up (metaphorically).

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Hickman can be a big concept guy and sometimes, like in a Nolan film, his characters come off colder and less themselves as opposed to serving as plot devices....but when he is really hitting the mark, he nails emotional beats and connects with the characters for truly inspired moments as in his Fantastic Four and FF run. There were moments with Johnny and Ben and the Richards, heck the kids of the Future Foundation that were deeply heartfelt, mixing super science with family and friend feelers. It was earned and it was epic.

Loved Hickman's Avengers/Secret Avengers/Infinity/Secret Wars runs! His Ultimates run was also good. I agree with Hickman needing bigger scope stories to write because that's where his strength lies (so Eternals or Inhumans would be good). I also would like to see him be allowed to play in the cosmic Marvel sandbox. I really enjoyed his depiction of Thanos and the Black Order. Basically wherever Hickman can get the freedom to do what he does best and play with the stellar concepts only he can come up with...I'm all for it. Heck I'd be all over a BP vs Namor (I loved the tension he put those two in) mini if he did it. I think Hickman would also give us a Dr Doom to contend with as well...

Loved his Avengers run, especially New Avengers. I'm hoping he will takeover the X-books but personally would also love for him to write the Inhumans, Thunderbolts or Nova.