Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Star Trek 4 Shelved. Kelvin Timeline Done Once And For All?

Pine's star has grown recently and also getting to get Hemsworth might have led to some problems with negotiations.

Trek on TV seems healthy for now, though, at least ratings-wise.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I dont have a problem with this. I would rather see my Star Trek on tv any way. Not that the last few movies were bad I just think a series gives more time for exploration of characters and plot lines.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It's too bad as I really liked the first 2 movies. Would have been interesting to see where it went from here.

Third movie admittedly was somewhat of a let down, though I wouldn't call it terrible by any means.

Oh well... we're getting our Star trek fix on the TV side of things anyways. And Star Trek has always been first and foremost a TV show. The movies were always sort of a side thing.

I really want to see a fourth movie, especially since we barely saw the new Enterprise. The cast is great, they're often in situations that you wouldn't see in the TV show, etc. But then again, the Abrams movies did what they had to do, which was to keep the Trek brand alive until it could be revived. With Discovery here and then additional shows like the Picard series in production, this wouldn't be a bad stopping point, either.

I liked the Kelvin Timeline films

Star Trek 2009 was good my only grip was JJ thinking Turbo Lifts and Warp Speed are instantaneously.

Star Trek Into Darkness has many issues and don't constantly remind me of a better movie but still better than Insurrection.

Star Trek Beyond I loved in my top five of Trek films.

The real interesting thing is since Viacom split CBS has had the TV rights and Paramount the Film rights and if once this Moonves mess settles if Shari Redstone gets her merger and brings everything back under one roof what Trek will look like going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's too bad as I really liked the first 2 movies. Would have been interesting to see where it went from here.

Third movie admittedly was somewhat of a let down, though I wouldn't call it terrible by any means.

Oh well... we're getting our Star trek fix on the TV side of things anyways. And Star Trek has always been first and foremost a TV show. The movies were always sort of a side thing.

I loved the first two films......The third one was definitely a let-down. I didn't regret watching it, but I do regret having bought it on blu-ray after a friend recommended it. It had a completely different feel to it, and not in a good way. It was more like a basic action/sci-fi flick with Star Trek elements thrown in. The positive aspect was Idris Elba's performance (He was excellent).

I don't mind seeing Star Trek move on from the Kelvin timeline. With cast complications (What's been mentioned of Pine & Hemsworth, along with Yelchin's untimely passing), we can see this series of movies as being a great footnote in Star Trek lore. More of a focus on television shows in the near future would be ideal.

Kelvin Timeline Done Once And For All?
    Fingers crossed!!

Really the 3ed movie is the best of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Fingers crossed!!
    I agree.

Just do a New 'Next Generation' type series set after Next Generation for the new audience.
    It worked to get new fans in the '80s.

You don't have to erase the history to bring in new characters, new threats and a new perspective.
    Just jump ahead ten to twenty years.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

They should have just done the Tarantino movie with Pine, Quinto, Urban etc. No one wanted a silly time travel movie anyway.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Sad when I read this. I enjoyed the first two movies

Star Trek is falling apart. Lorca carried Discovery until that stupid plot twist and now this.

Hopefully Picard can breathe life back into it

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Sad when I read this. I enjoyed the first two movies

Star Trek is falling apart. Lorca carried Discovery until that stupid plot twist and now this.

Hopefully Picard can breathe life back into it
    I think it's premature to say Star Trek is falling apart. Discovery seemed to be well received.

As much as I enjoyed the films, for me they only really stood up to a single viewing. Nothing came close to First Contact or Kahn or Star Trek IV or VI in story or character. But still if a fourth movie were made, I'd see it
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Some behind the scenes of this from midnights edge.