Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Uncanny X-Men #9 (spoilers/discussion)

Moving things out of the discussion thread.

One issue left. Jean's summoned just about all the X-Men for the big, drag-out, world-saving fight with Nate and friends. It's pretty obvious that pieces are being shuffled into place for the X-Men to get sucked into an alternate universe next week, especially when we take note of who answered the call, who's absent, and who's slated to show up in an AoXM mini-series. Not that I'm complaining per se; I like Kylun, he's just an odd inclusion for a "To me, my X-men!" moment.

At this point, I'm not expecting much of the big finale. I'm just waiting to see what fun there is to be had in AoXM.

If they were serious about winning, they'd pull U-Go Girl out of hell.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If they were serious about winning, they'd pull U-Go Girl out of hell.
    U-Go Girl wouldn't come anyway. She knows it's better to rule in hell than serve in nostalgia heaven.

So let me get this straight, they're dealing with an enemy who has shown to be able to brainwash your allies on the fly and her grand plan is, just like in Extermination, to throw more bodies into the fire. Did she take notes from the Zapp Brannigan school of military leadership or something?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So let me get this straight, they're dealing with an enemy who has shown to be able to brainwash your allies on the fly and her grand plan is, just like in Extermination, to throw more bodies into the fire. Did she take notes from the Zapp Brannigan school of military leadership or something?
    People treat her like she's special on this forum but Jean is honestly one of the worse X-Men.

Does anyone remember back when she put together a novice team of mutants to take down Magneto of all people, and damn near got them all killed. That was the same arc she basically turned Frenzy into a slave.

The plot of this whole event is soooo...

Anyway, I appreciated seeing the little squares of loa and Indra, and it was nice seeing Bling! back in her uniform even if just for wallpaper purposes.

I'm just confused as to who matched up these drafts and then said "oh, this is going to be SO GREAT!"

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Moving things out of the discussion thread.

One issue left. Jean's summoned just about all the X-Men for the big, drag-out, world-saving fight with Nate and friends. It's pretty obvious that pieces are being shuffled into place for the X-Men to get sucked into an alternate universe next week, especially when we take note of who answered the call, who's absent, and who's slated to show up in an AoXM mini-series. Not that I'm complaining per se; I like Kylun, he's just an odd inclusion for a "To me, my X-men!" moment.

At this point, I'm not expecting much of the big finale. I'm just waiting to see what fun there is to be had in AoXM.
    X-man is none stop talking about destroying the X-men and then outright destrying the entire world - and yet his Horsemen, despite having them dead to rights, spare the kids instead of killing them - you even have Storm telling Hisako not to for the X-men's sake since they don't care about them.

I wonder if that might play a part of how Nate goes from "Destroy the world" rage mode to "Lets create a utopia through questionable means" mode.
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 01-09-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    X-men is none stop talking about destroying the X-men and then outright destrying the entire world - and yet his Horsemen, despite having them dead to rights, spare the kids instead of killing them - you even have Storm telling Hisako not to for the X-men's sake since they don't care about them.

I wonder if that might play a part of how Nate goes from "Destroy the world" rage mode to "Lets create a utopia through questionable means" mode.
    I don't know if we're going to loop back around to that so blatantly - I mean, "utopia by questionable means" is pretty much where Nate started. Since X-Force is going to be continuing while this is all going on, and UXM looks to be taking place in the regular Marvel Universe from 11 on when Cyke and friends form up, my wild-ass-guess is that AoXM is another contained universe/illusion, like the AoA fragment in issue #7, and the X-Men wind up trapped there with Nate somehow. Possibly doing the heroic sacrifice bit to make sure the reality he's reaching for doesn't actually come to pass.

Who was Jean's best recruit Thunderbird III or Beak?

BANNED

Better than expected. Not amazing, but serviceable.

It's a shame that it came out on the same day as the vastly superior Avengers #12 and I can't help but compare the two.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Better than expected. Not amazing, but serviceable.

It's a shame that it came out on the same day as the vastly superior Avengers #12 and I can't help but compare the two.
    It was okay. I expected a little more from this event given how good Avengers No Surrender was. There is still an issue to go so hoping it ends on a high note. Avengers #12 vastly superior I agree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Who was Jean's best recruit Thunderbird III or Beak?
    It makes more sense that she called those people (considering their close ties to the X-Men when she died) than all the teen students she never met.

The time has come for that cavalry scan, y'all.

Who gonna be a hero?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The time has come for that cavalry scan, y'all.

Who gonna be a hero?
    Do you want the call to action or the group shot?

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Well, I can't post the picture (too big) but here's the link.
    http://i.4cdn.org/co/1547044322554.jpg

Edit:
    Call to action scene too.
    http://i.4cdn.org/co/1547043928926.jpg
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 01-09-2019 at 07:52 AM.