Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why you all telling MichelleDiMera that Jean had her Bendis powers during 70s to 2000s stories? Y'all are worse than Bendis himself.
    We're not - or specifically I'm not. We're saying that Jean wasn't as weak as a flea in most of her stories.

And I was referencing that the first time we saw anything like the pink power was in Operation Zero Tolerance.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Morrison's. Pretty sure Angel and Beak are mutants again.
    Thank you, Emma and Havok.
    HELL YES.

Angel > Pixie > Sprite

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Nope
    Moria never took reading off of Dark Phoenix. Green Phoenix was Jean/The Phoenix force under control. When she went Dark...she had a big power increase.

Again still powerful and almost a cosmic god.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's not a retcon any more than any other character getting a new power is a retcon, especially since Jean's pink form first appeared in the 90s, it just wasn't explained til Bendis got the idea to do so.

The scan you just posted proves Jean was as strong as Nate was when she was Phoenix/Dark Phoenix, and Morrison explained the Phoenix Force connection as an extension of Jean's normal powers. As White Phoenix she was probably even stronger because she had the whole of the Phoenix Force under control.

It was the future in Extermination, which was the canon future of the prime reality til Jean and Cable stopped Ahab.
    Yes..with a Phoenix power up gimmick. Nate was fighting Apocalypse str8 up from his first appearance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Moria never took reading off of Dark Phoenix. Green Phoenix was Jean/The Phoenix force under control. When she went Dark...she had a big power increase.

That doesnt even add up. The Dark Phoenix is right there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

She said she has it on record, doesn't mean she's the one that took it, hell probably xavier or reed richard did

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yes..with a Phoenix power up gimmick. Nate was fighting Apocalypse str8 up from his first appearance.
    You mean like how Jean held her own nonchalantly against Apocalypse in this book's last issue?

Or maybe how she was the hero of the Age of Apocalypse.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

We're not - or specifically I'm not. We're saying that Jean wasn't as weak as a flea in most of her stories.

And I was referencing that the first time we saw anything like the pink power was in Operation Zero Tolerance.

Not really. OZT had Jean use a pink Phoenix power signature. That was purely cosmetic. It wasnt the pink power form her teen version developed in ANX
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-09-2019 at 11:46 PM.

BANNED

You mean like how Jean held her own nonchalantly against Apocalypse in this book's last issue?

Or maybe how she was the hero of the Age of Apocalypse.
    In age of Apocalypse, it came down to Rogue vs Holocaust, Nate Grey vs Apocalypse, Magneto vs Apocalypse, and Jean holding back the bombs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Nate makes a clone of Dani and immediately sends her to jail.

Why didn’t they just say it was Trinary from the get-go? It isn’t like people don’t like her, so the insistence that she’s Dani is weird. Unless she’s Mystique.

Why’d you have to remind the board of an event that did this 18x better with SSS+ art?
    What is SSS?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    HELL YES.

Angel > Pixie > Sprite
    It’s true and you should say it.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    What is SSS?
    Triple S tank. Highest honor I could give Mike Choi for making Second Coming look like a cinematic masterpiece with real stakes.

JDW and Rosenberg's responses to people being annoyed by Goldball's makeover are about what I'd expect: "Sorry, my bad" on JDW's side, and a complete shrug and "Maybe he got into shape" on Rosenberg's. Which one reason why I'm more keen on White as editor than Rosenberg as a writer on this franchise - at least one can admit when mistakes were made.

Jamie Madrox's character assassination continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. OZT had Jean use a pink Phoenix power signature. That was purely cosmic. It wasnt the pink power form her teen version developed in ANX
    Exactly.
    In age of Apocalypse, it came down to Rogue vs Holocaust, Nate Grey vs Apocalypse, Magneto vs Apocalypse, and Jean holding back the bombs.
    Yup. Everyone [except insane-for-his-sister Colossus] played their part to restore the timeline or just to save as many lives as possible in the AoA. Jean holding back a wave of ICBMs was epic.

I don't see anyone here as trying to diminish Jean's achievements or powers. And Jean wasn't weak as a flea in the 90s; no one who can shield debris on uncontrolled re-entry or lift the top of the Empire State building is weak. She just wasn't on the same power level as Exodus [whose psionic vampirism Jeen seems to have copied for the Bendis power-up] or X-Man. Is she now? We'll see but I don't think she needs to be for her to be my fave X-character. Jean swatting Apocalypse around sure was fun to watch, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    JDW and Rosenberg's responses to people being annoyed by Goldball's makeover are about what I'd expect: "Sorry, my bad" on JDW's side, and a complete shrug and "Maybe he got into shape" on Rosenberg's. Which one reason why I'm more keen on White as editor than Rosenberg as a writer on this franchise - at least one can admit when mistakes were made.
    " Honestly, no. I saw it thought 'we haven't seen him in a while and he lost weight. Ok.' "

Around the time this was in development, Goldballs was already a pretty consistent cast member of Miles' series.
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-10-2019 at 01:02 AM. Reason: (just realized that without any context, it looks like I'm defending Rosenberg