Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not that he would allow it so much as he isnt aware Jean can do that to stop her. He wasnt around when the teen learned that and likely doesnt know the implications of Extermination
    That shouldn’t matter, he should be more than capable of stopping her the second she starts gathering power. Really, he should stomp practically everyone immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I asked a question and pointed something out that isn't an assumption that's paying attention to what's going on and saying "hey this doesn't look right"

But hey some people apparently like to argue with the people that point things out instead of the company that's screwing them out of their money with these events.
    There is no arguing on my part. The only advice I can tell you is what Ive already reiterated and thats wait till the books come out. No one knows for sure whats happening yet

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Amerindian have both braided hair in front whereas East Indians have only one side of braided hair in front.

Amerindian photo

thats a white woman in cosplay. Any woman can wear braids the way they want and how its done isnt an indication of ethnicty. Dani has worn one braid in the past
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-10-2019 at 02:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It seems pretty obvious that the Moonstar in AoXM isn't all that she seems, especially since each AoXM title has a secret variant cover.

But no, let's go with the extremely unlikely theory that the editors are so dumb that they accidentally duplicated a character.
    It's not the editors who are dumb but the writers who can't distinguish Amerindian from East Indian. They got them mixed up. That's not Dani but Trinary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    But the ones on Cyke's team aren't in the AoX and they're supposed to take place at the same time.

Two different versions of Moonstar at the same time is a continuity error no matter which way you cut it.
    I doubt it's a continuity error, it's more like a writer's identification error. Maybe he didn't read x-Men Red.

Marvel writers are infamous for ignoring what other writers wrote except for Chris Claremont's works.

It's not the editors who are dumb but the writers who can't distinguish Amerindian from East Indian. They got them mixed up. That's not Dani but Trinary.
    Trinary has a characteristic mole on her face. That girl does not

BANNED

thats a white woman in cosplay. Any woman can wear braids the way they want and how its done isnt an indication of ethnicty. Dani has worn one braid in the past
    No, it's related to ethnicity. East Indians don't wear two braids.

Dani has always worn two braids, even if one is not visible in front.

BANNED

Trinary has a characteristic mole on her face. That girl does not

And you expect the artist to draw a small mole or wrinkle in every panel?

Some of the panels don't even have their iris drawn.

The fact that Trinary appeared in the call for help together with that Nezhno guy speaks volumes.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 01-10-2019 at 02:51 PM.

And you expect the artist to draw a small mole or wrinkle in every panel?

Some of the panels don't even have their iris drawn.

The fact that Trinary appeared in the call for help together with that Nezhno guy speaks volumes.
    If it's a cover that's supposed to show off the main cast, then why wouldn't you?

Incredible Member

Picked up this series since I liked New Mutants and Nate Grey's role on it, and liked the original Age of Apocalypse.

This character..... meh. It has the same reason why I dropped all X-men books. Various mutant characters are sold as "omega level", with powers that enable them to essentially do anything. And yet, character's powers are neutered for the point of the story. Omega level mind control? Yes, super dangerous (Eg. Red Skull with powers), but if I'm on the side of good, suddenly everyone and their mom has mind control protection (Eg. Every bad guy Jean Grey faces). The entire X-men team can't beat evil Magneto, but good Magneto is beaten by all the bad guys who suddenly are resistant to magnetism.

Good Nate Grey has been sold as one of the most powerful mutants ever, bu because of that, he's always written as fighting villains who happen to be able to counter his powers.
    Bad Nate Grey is actually living up to his billing. But, now the writers have built him up so much that his inevitable defeat is gonna ring hollow. I didn't care at all for the vaccine storyline, but you can bet that someone is gonna give Nate Grey a vaccine to get rid of his powers, and through the "power of distraction" and "to me my x-men" he won't be able to stop it. Now that he theoretically has his powers and Legion's power, he should be unbeatable.

I guess my main opinion are that the X-men team books suffers a bit too much from power inflation such that I can't appreciate any of the stakes. That New Mutants run was better in that stakes were more intimate, and people's powers were more limited.

Maybe the Dani in Uncanny X-Men is actually Warlock.

BANNED

I think AoXM Dani might be an anomaly, maybe even some sort of construct. She appears to be free of any TO virus, and the cover also indicates her Mutant powers could be back. I do believe tho, that it's possible the real 616 Moonstar's... consciousness, could somehow be involved. Maybe the TO infection made it more... available.

Could mean nothin' & probably does, but I took note that JDW referred to the AoXM one as being Moonstar, with Prisoner X writer Vita Ayala confirmin' by calling her Dani. Meanwhile, Rosenberg referred to his Uncanny version as... Mirage. Play on words, perhaps?

I am Dani.
    We are Dani.
    Anyone can wear the mask.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Picked up this series since I liked New Mutants and Nate Grey's role on it, and liked the original Age of Apocalypse.

This character..... meh. It has the same reason why I dropped all X-men books. Various mutant characters are sold as "omega level", with powers that enable them to essentially do anything. And yet, character's powers are neutered for the point of the story. Omega level mind control? Yes, super dangerous (Eg. Red Skull with powers), but if I'm on the side of good, suddenly everyone and their mom has mind control protection (Eg. Every bad guy Jean Grey faces). The entire X-men team can't beat evil Magneto, but good Magneto is beaten by all the bad guys who suddenly are resistant to magnetism.

Good Nate Grey has been sold as one of the most powerful mutants ever, bu because of that, he's always written as fighting villains who happen to be able to counter his powers.
    Bad Nate Grey is actually living up to his billing. But, now the writers have built him up so much that his inevitable defeat is gonna ring hollow. I didn't care at all for the vaccine storyline, but you can bet that someone is gonna give Nate Grey a vaccine to get rid of his powers, and through the "power of distraction" and "to me my x-men" he won't be able to stop it. Now that he theoretically has his powers and Legion's power, he should be unbeatable.

I guess my main opinion are that the X-men team books suffers a bit too much from power inflation such that I can't appreciate any of the stakes. That New Mutants run was better in that stakes were more intimate, and people's powers were more limited.
    The Age of X Man is coming..hes not gonna lose next week.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    The Age of X Man is coming..hes not gonna lose next week.
    I think Legion, Jean, Psylocke, The Cuckoos, etc., are gonna make him think he didn't. But things will go awry, natch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I think Legion, Jean, Psylocke, The Cuckoos, etc., are gonna make him think he didn't. But things will go awry, natch.
    They dont have the power to override him. Not sure what gimmick they come up with him to be stopped but he probably has to give this up himself ala Thanos.