Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Someone needs to sit Nate down and give him a Stern talking to.

I really want to see what Apocalypse will say about Evan. Man, 9 issues and I don't have anything to say for it. At least we got Laura killing a T-rex in #2
    Or maybe a Hug.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    We're not - or specifically I'm not. We're saying that Jean wasn't as weak as a flea in most of her stories.

And I was referencing that the first time we saw anything like the pink power was in Operation Zero Tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. OZT had Jean use a pink Phoenix power signature. That was purely cosmetic. It wasnt the pink power form her teen version developed in ANX
    She also used similar imagery in X-Men #65 when she projected into the Heroes Reborn universe and fought Iron Man

Of course as Havok83 states, when Teen Jean's pink form was introduced it was stated that it was something new and something the adult version had never done before. But as Harpsikord says, since the imagery is the same (pink psychic energy encased body with occasional pink raptor), future writers could tie it together.

Amazing Member

I'm sorry for being off topic but can someone tell me how to get a profile pic. I've already tried to resize my picture but its still not working

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

The imagery is very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    The fact Jean knows Scott’s revolution team confirms she’s aware of him being alive, has communicated with him and read his mind recently...
    Objection! In Extermination #5, the adult O5 gained the time displaced O5's memories. That would explain any knowledge Jean has about what happened when she was dead. Or at least in the Revolutionary era.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    wait, what?
    Jean knows Cyclops is alive?
    what did i miss?
    Nothing. She doesn't know he's alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think Jean's rationale for throwing everyone at Legion-Man is the fact that it doesn't matter. They NEED to overpower him, otherwise, they can't beat him.

This would've been a good time to call in the Avengers like she did last time. Specifically a certain reality warping Witch of Wungadore and her twinky son, perhaps?
    Agreed. Perhaps the problem here is Rogue's absence. Had Anna been there, you'd have expected her to make that suggestion. They were on the Avengers Unity Squad together until recently after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yeah, she did (as Jeen).
    Any powers teen Jean had, adult Jean should now be able to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I like Rosenberg's idea that Fabio decided to go hard and lose weight from a wheelchair after being shot twice. I mean, it seems like the right time. Heck, maybe that exercise healed his legs too. Move over Rogers, the X-Men have their own super soldier.
    It was no accident that he was seen with Triage, a healer. That's how Goldballs recovered from getting shot in Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Any powers teen Jean had, adult Jean should now be able to unlock.
    There are any number of explanations for that not happening, like any of the number of things that happened to Jean since going back from being in the cocoon, hosting the PF at times, dying, etc., then there are aspects that could be explained by some combination of the younger Jeen being out of time, etc etc etc.

Personally, in my head I am thinking Jean was never able to suppress memories at all. She just copied them from the displaced versions, wiped them, and then wrote them into the present versions. Come on, it would be way to risky to let them go back with those memories knowing all the telepaths, reality warpers and other crazy stuff that could have discovered the truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    While things certainly could've changed last minute...

... it wasn't just JDW who said it was supposed to be Dani:

What happened to the TO virus storyline? And how does she have the TO Virus while she's on Cyke's squad?

Scott: Pssst Dani
    Dani: Scott! omg!
    Scott: wanna get out of this crossover?
    Dani: hell yea!
    *Magik teleports them out*

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    What happened to the TO virus storyline? And how does she have the TO Virus while she's on Cyke's squad?

Scott: Pssst Dani
    Dani: Scott! omg!
    Scott: wanna get out of this crossover?
    Dani: hell yea!
    *Magik teleports them out*
    bc she got infected in NM Dead Souls last year

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    The imagery is very similar.

Could it be that the Jeen writer remembered Joe Kelly's Pink signature and decided to appropriate it for his own purpose and make it his own thing by adding some 'cool explanation' as to How and Why?
    I always find it very funny when readers fall all over themselves trying to comprehend and explain what they "think" the writer is trying to say.
    Unless they are deliberately adding layers to an unfolding story, if a writer cannot adequately convey his intentions through the storytelling then he/she needs to go back to writing school. Leaving things "up to interpretation" is a poor cop out especially for Comic Book writers.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-10-2019 at 09:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    bc she got infected in NM Dead Souls last year
    that's what I'm saying....we haven't seen a resolution to that yet...they got thrown into this mess...so where's the continuity?

and now we're wasting ink on Maggott again.

Anyway, I thought it was a fun issue. Considering some of the recent shit we've had to deal with, I'm willing to allow for some scene chewing.

Am I alone in that I hope Age of Xman goes by quickly so we can get to the Cyke/Wolverine team?

BANNED

that's what I'm saying....we haven't seen a resolution to that yet...they got thrown into this mess...so where's the continuity?
    What are you talking about? Dead Souls ended with them being T-O'd and now they are still T-O'd. That's continuity right there.

It hasnt been resolved which is why she still has it. Her showing up with the TO virus in UXM is picking up on the continuity established in DS. The story isnt finished but presumably will be when we see the NM join Scott's team

I'm honestly not following any X-comics right now, so can someone help me here on the Cyclops situation pretty please?

Is he back now? Was it explained how's he alive? Who is he working with or what is he doing?
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I'm honestly not following any X-comics right now, so can someone help me here on the Cyclops situation pretty please?

Is he back now? Was it explained how's he alive? Who is he working with or what is he doing?
    Yes he's back and no we dont know how. This stuff will be answered in either UNCANNY X-Men Annual #1 or in the new story starting with issue #11

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Personally, in my head I am thinking Jean was never able to suppress memories at all. She just copied them from the displaced versions, wiped them, and then wrote them into the present versions. Come on, it would be way to risky to let them go back with those memories knowing all the telepaths, reality warpers and other crazy stuff that could have discovered the truth.
    IMO that makes even less sense than what happened. How was Jean supposed to copy the memories of the O5, especially her younger self when she gained the knowledge of the twins after leaving the present day timeline? Jean's powers dont extend across timelines. She gained that knowledge at the exact moment that the teen closed the time loop.

As for it being too risky to go back with displaced memories, I think we are just supposed to take this at face value in that teen Jean wiped their memories. If she was too novice to be effective at that, Xavier would have surely done his part to further suppress them
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-10-2019 at 10:57 AM.