Thread: Oblivion Song

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Oblivion Song

We’re almost a year in now. What does everyone think?
    I’m still digging it. Nice fast paced stuff. Sooo much better than the lagging mess Outcast devolved into.

Amazing Member

It's a book I look forward to every time it arrives. It seems to be building a robust world and has some decent stories. Not sure it could go 50+ issues, but I like it a lot so far and hope it gets a few story arcs. I enjoyed Outcast early on, but fell off and became very disinterested in reading it. 8 or 10 issues piled up without getting to them and I finally dropped it from my pull list a few issues ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yosaltenberg View Post
    It's a book I look forward to every time it arrives. It seems to be building a robust world and has some decent stories. Not sure it could go 50+ issues, but I like it a lot so far and hope it gets a few story arcs. I enjoyed Outcast early on, but fell off and became very disinterested in reading it. 8 or 10 issues piled up without getting to them and I finally dropped it from my pull list a few issues ago.
    That could have been written by me, with the exception that i would like to see 50+ issues.

#12 was a great read and a fantastic end to Year 1. (Seems like Kirkman actually treated this as an end of a television “season”, maybe he’ll do that every 12 issues?)
    Can’t wait to see where it goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    #12 was a great read and a fantastic end to Year 1. (Seems like Kirkman actually treated this as an end of a television “season”, maybe he’ll do that every 12 issues?)
    Can’t wait to see where it goes from here.
    Agreed. Conclusions, yet set ups for next "season". And that last page!

One minor complaint. I am finding the coloring too dark, covering some of the finer details (that two pager should have been brighter). The choice of colors is fine, just too dark when printed. This comes from computer coloring, where people don't realize how much darker the printed page is from what they see on their computer screen.

Here are pages from the digital edition.
    Compare to the printed and you will see what I mean.

Last edited by Kirby101; 02-16-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So seems like I was right and last issue was a kind of “season finale.”
    Excited to see where this “season” takes us.