Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Well, he was buddies with Frank Drake back in the day. And he dated Spitfire, who was SORT OF a vamp but not really. So I guess he has reason to sort of go soft. Sort of.

As far as the Shadow Colonel.... all he seems to be doing is going after Dracula. On paper that's almost a good thing. Whatever he's doing with the Avengers right now is probably the first actual villainous thing we're seeing from him. I'll be interesting to see just how bad this guy is. The vamps seem pretty scared.
    The issue is that he's scaring the other vamps and he knows it. He knows that by going after Dracula and not seeking alliances with the other vampire sects, he's causing them to run in fear and cause tons of chaos. How many vampires have died from this? How many people in that village where Cap was? How monsters in the monster city?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I think that is the way Blade should be portrayed no OP abilities, just vampire stats (speed, strength, agility, senses & healing). You can give him some subtle abilities like hypnosis (don't go overboard with it) and his sixth sense for other supernatural beings or phenomenon.
    I agree. This is how I see my ideal Blade.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Blade has sort of gone soft in recent years. If you're a vampire who can convince him that you are harmless, there's a good chance he'll let you go.

But you're right, what could this Shadow Colonel want? They didn't even kill the vampires. So...what's the plan here?
    I think they touched on that through brief discussion with the Shadow Colonel. Blade says his motivation is to annihilate vampires, but the truth is that he wants to protect people. I think that might be the first time we've heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I think they touched on that through brief discussion with the Shadow Colonel. Blade says his motivation is to annihilate vampires, but the truth is that he wants to protect people. I think that might be the first time we've heard that.
    If all he wanted was vampires to die, I think it's entirely possible his best option might be to sit things out and allow the vamps to have their civil war. Even if only Dracula dies, that's still a huge net gain. But the fact that he's getting in the middle of the civil war definately shows his priority is protecting humans because for the most part so far they are just collateral damage.

Extraordinary Member

Didn't Blade have to therapy or something because his hatred of vampires got too extreme?

Didn't Blade have to therapy or something because his hatred of vampires got too extreme?
    where did you get this from?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    where did you get this from?
    There was a Tomb of Dracula prestige book that... honestly was kind of weird continuity-wise. Felt more like a reboot, but it ended with Blade in an asylum... and Nightstalkers #1 picked up with him in the asylum trying to stake a dude with candy corn fangs before Dr. Strange pulled some strings to get him released.

Which is really where I loved Blade. Single minded devotion to destroying vampires and occult. He may have worked with Strange and Hannibal King and Morbius…. but at the same time they were never TOO comfortable around him, and it was generally assumed that he'd just be saving them for last.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    There was a Tomb of Dracula prestige book that... honestly was kind of weird continuity-wise. Felt more like a reboot, but it ended with Blade in an asylum... and Nightstalkers #1 picked up with him in the asylum trying to stake a dude with candy corn fangs before Dr. Strange pulled some strings to get him released.

Which is really where I loved Blade. Single minded devotion to destroying vampires and occult. He may have worked with Strange and Hannibal King and Morbius…. but at the same time they were never TOO comfortable around him, and it was generally assumed that he'd just be saving them for last.
    That is part of why I didn't exactly buy that Morbius's bite did nothing. Of course Blade is going to deny that that bite nothing lol

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Yeah, I remember the Midnight Massacre arc from the Midnight Sons books back in the day when Blade became Switchblade. After using the Darkholde page, first guy he offs is his teammate King before trying to kill all the other Midnight Sons. At the time you couldn't be TOO comfortable around Blade.

That said, as some mentioned I think he might have softened a bit since then.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I remember the Midnight Massacre arc from the Midnight Sons books back in the day when Blade became Switchblade. After using the Darkholde page, first guy he offs is his teammate King before trying to kill all the other Midnight Sons. At the time you couldn't be TOO comfortable around Blade.

That said, as some mentioned I think he might have softened a bit since then.
    yeah... pre-Snipes Blade and Post-Snipes Blade are radically different characters. Having some kind of in-universe explaination about how he went from A to B is essential. Just pretending he was always 'Daywalker' is lazy. Morbius bite mixed with whatever he already was to enhance him works.

I would also accept leftover effect from Demogorge. Or Something about losing his soul to the Darkhold made him more vampire... or even dig deep and do something with the vampire Blade clone storylines from the 70's (never did get the conclusion to that arc)

There are a lot of ways to make the original character a bit more like the movie one... without dismissing all the stories that made Blade a viable option for a movie in the first place.

oh that's what you were referring too. LOL Therapy. You made it sound like he was going to sit on someone's sofa to me. Yeah he was committed. They locked Blade away and put him in a straight jacket.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Well, maybe we'll get some word on this if Morbius and Blade meet up?

at the fan-fiction level, I wonder has anybody done "Blade invades the vampire movies"-- where he goes up against vampire villains in different movies over the decades, just to see how things would work out.
    such as in the original Fright Night, the Jerry character played by Chris Sarandon. Or going up against Lestat and others in the "Interview with a Vampire" movie.

Mighty Member

Well, maybe we'll get some word on this if Morbius and Blade meet up?
    Probably. Aaron does a good job of naturally integrating exposition into his stories. We'll probably get some background on their history.

Also I'm hoping that we see another Blade vs. Dracula match. It's been over ten years since we've seen the two go at it. Although this iteration of Dracula is very interesting. I love Aaron's take on Dracula. It's reminiscent of Cornel's political drama with the Vampire Nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    at the fan-fiction level, I wonder has anybody done "Blade invades the vampire movies"-- where he goes up against vampire villains in different movies over the decades, just to see how things would work out.
    such as in the original Fright Night, the Jerry character played by Chris Sarandon. Or going up against Lestat and others in the "Interview with a Vampire" movie.
    Not exactly fan fics, but I know there's a couple Blade vs Twilight Youtubes out there.