Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Also despite his star power being at an all-time high after appearing in critically acclaimed movies and series his not going to command a ginormous salary which is MArvel's mo when going after actors in the beginning
    The J-man

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    wow. Well, I guess they brought back Mr. Ali for a cool role. I guess Netflix Cage's adventures were in another world. Sort of. (Yes, I know, Mr. Ali played Cottonmouth)
    It's all connected...or maybe not.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    It's all connected...or maybe not.
    the shows being a part of the MCU was the biggest marketing ploy. they have permission to reference the avengers every once in a while, but there are so many inconsistencies that aren't explained. it sucks though because it basically means we won't get any of those defender characters in the MCU proper for a loooong time.

Mighty Member

This is also just wild. Blade is the top trending thing on twitter and the movie announcement was at the top of reddit for a bit. I don't think Blade has every received this much attention, even when his movies were coming out. After the bump Black Panther got, I really think we're going to see a radical shift for the character. Multiple books, multiple features in MCU movies (he'll definitely be in Dr. Strange 2, for instance).

It's good that Blade is in Avengers with Strikeforce on the horizon, but when do you guys think they put out his solo series now?

Astonishing Member

Way cool that Blade will have a MCU movie.
    Looking forward to this movie for sure.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Love me some Blade and Ali was great as Cottonmouth and the Prowler

So lemme get this straight...
    Blade's on the Avengers (in the comics).
    Blade's leading his own team, Strikeforce (in the comics).
    And Blade's joining the MCU with a solo movie where he'll be played by an A-List actor.

Yeah, Blade's resurgence in popularity is inevitable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sкєʟʟує View Post
    So lemme get this straight...
    Blade's on the Avengers (in the comics).
    Blade's leading his own team, Strikeforce (in the comics).
    And Blade's joining the MCU with a solo movie where he'll be played by an A-List actor.

Yeah, Blade's resurgence in popularity is inevitable now.
    plus Blade vs Wolverine
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    This is also just wild. Blade is the top trending thing on twitter and the movie announcement was at the top of reddit for a bit. I don't think Blade has every received this much attention, even when his movies were coming out. After the bump Black Panther got, I really think we're going to see a radical shift for the character. Multiple books, multiple features in MCU movies (he'll definitely be in Dr. Strange 2, for instance).

It's good that Blade is in Avengers with Strikeforce on the horizon, but when do you guys think they put out his solo series now?
    Blade's dropped solo series needs to happen now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    Blade's dropped solo series needs to happen now.
    Yea, if I had to bet, they'll probably launch a traditional Blade vs. Deacon Frost plot to get people reacquainted with his history. But also there are so many plot points that could be picked up for good stories. I honestly really like Blade and Ghost Rider as a pairing, so I'm hoping we get some more stuff from them.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I suppose the same could be said for most of the MCU heroes, including Guardians of the Galaxy. I think we're going to be seeing a wave of obscure Marvel comic heroes get their own movies in the future, and I'm glad Blade, and the style and lore that comics with him, is going to likely get much more attention now.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

What would be some good Blade comics/story lines to read?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    What would be some good Blade comics/story lines to read?
    My favorites:

1. Crescent City Blues 1

2. Tomb of Dracula (2004) 1-4

3. Captain Britain and MI:13 5-13

then some fun stories (but not blade-centered)

1. Mighty Avengers the entire run (Al Ewing)

2. Damnation 1-4

3. Avengers (2019) 13-17

4. Deadpool the Gauntlet

Recently he was in Spirits of Vengeance 1-5. Didn't really do much, but I thought the overall story was kinda cool.

Make sure it’s Al Ewings first Mighty Avengers run not the second
    The J-man

I'd guess sooner rather than later. They'll want to have newer trades on the shelves when the movie/show hits (older collections too, but also new stuff). Takes time to knock out a chunk of TPB's.

I feel like this is a Carol Danvers situation. Marvel is going to keep Blade going until the MCU stuff hits just so they have trades to take advantage of the sales spike.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.