Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 832
  1. #706
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,382

    Default

    I've reached out to all my contacts in the occult community and no one has ever heard of the "Vridai" before. This will be really interesting.

    I'm guessing they are some omnipresent beings, either memory altering or reality-bending.
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  2. #707
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    778

    Default

    https://www.superherohype.com/comics...rs-23#/slide/1

    Preview for avengers 23. Get to see some more of Blade's relationship with boy-thing and him take a shot with the breathing gun.

  3. #708
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,035

    Default

    Man-Thing is so cute and so is Boy-Thing!

  4. #709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    https://www.superherohype.com/comics...rs-23#/slide/1

    Preview for avengers 23. Get to see some more of Blade's relationship with boy-thing and him take a shot with the breathing gun.
    what is a breathing gun?

  5. #710
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is a breathing gun?
    I think Jason Aaron created it for one of his Ghost Rider stories. Basically a weapon from hell that starts smoking when its near anything occult. It fires bullets that are supposed to kill demons in one shot and they chase demons too. Pretty powerful. Hellstrom gave it to Blade last issue.

  6. #711
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Here's hoping they make his confrontation with Dr. Doom more interesting than Guggenheim did. Also seems like the enemies they're fighting are completely new, so we'll probably get a new flashback story for Blade.
    Didn't Doom hire Blade to save his mother once?

    Technically Blade is Latverian isn't he?

  7. #712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    Didn't Doom hire Blade to save his mother once?

    Technically Blade is Latverian isn't he?

    Since that series ended I don't know what happened to Blade's "father" and that entire subplot and retcon of his mom being a noblewoman.

  8. #713
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    Didn't Doom hire Blade to save his mother once?

    Technically Blade is Latverian isn't he?
    Yup, maybe they pick up on that in Strikeforce. It seems like everything from the 00s other than Blade officially being half-vampire has been forgotten though. Even spitfire at this point.



    Also we've got Ghost Rider on Hulu, Moon Knight and Scarlett Witch on Disney+, and Dr. Strange and Blade on the big screen. Wonder what the chances are they build towards a midnight sons movie on Disney+.

  9. #714
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yup, maybe they pick up on that in Strikeforce. It seems like everything from the 00s other than Blade officially being half-vampire has been forgotten though. Even spitfire at this point.



    Also we've got Ghost Rider on Hulu, Moon Knight and Scarlett Witch on Disney+, and Dr. Strange and Blade on the big screen. Wonder what the chances are they build towards a midnight sons movie on Disney+.
    Nothing is ever forgotten, just put on the backburner until someone picks up on it later.

    Besides, I still say that Marvel used Morbius's bite to transition Blade into what he is now, but of course, it was an easy thing to forget.

  10. #715
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,382

    Default

    You can still argue it, but Blade's inner monologue in the 2006 run and the recent panel in Marvel Universe History strongly suggests they made him a dhampir without the bite.


    Also, I don't think Blade is Latverian. But I'm just glad they got rid of the father backstory and robot hand. No weird double mohawk haircut, but head tattoos instead. They doing right by Blade
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  11. #716
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,035

    Default

    I will always have my headcanon. You can't take that away!

  12. #717
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    You can still argue it, but Blade's inner monologue in the 2006 run and the recent panel in Marvel Universe History strongly suggests they made him a dhampir without the bite.


    Also, I don't think Blade is Latverian. But I'm just glad they got rid of the father backstory and robot hand. No weird double mohawk haircut, but head tattoos instead. They doing right by Blade
    When did they get rid of the father backstory? I never knew that.

  13. #718
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    When did they get rid of the father backstory? I never knew that.
    I don't think they got rid of it necessarily, but its been ignored since. none of his origin story re-tellings have mentioned his father being a vampire.

  14. #719
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I don't think they got rid of it necessarily, but its been ignored since. none of his origin story re-tellings have mentioned his father being a vampire.
    It's been a few years since I read the Guggenheim run but wasn't his father turned into a vampire after he was born? So essentially his father was human who was turned into a vampire.

  15. #720
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Aren't Marvel vampires sterile?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •