Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

i think its funny that Blade has had a completely different look in each issue he's been in. I'm also excited to see Blade interact with Thor. I think there could be some cool mythos building there around the history of vampires in the MCU

Mighty Member

If anyone's interested in what Idris Elba would've been like as Blade, check the Fast and Furious trailer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    If anyone's interested in what Idris Elba would've been like as Blade, check the Fast and Furious trailer
    I'm very upset we will never get this done properly now.

i think its funny that Blade has had a completely different look in each issue he's been in. I'm also excited to see Blade interact with Thor. I think there could be some cool mythos building there around the history of vampires in the MCU
    Letting Blade loose in classic Asgard against magic monsters would have been cool. Of course, maybe Thor could arrange for some dwarves to mold him some weapons?

those movies just get more ridiculous after each one. I hear the next one they'll be in space
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    those movies just get more ridiculous after each one. I hear the next one they'll be in space
    How...how is that supposed to work?

At least comic book movies are meant to have sort of silly concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    How...how is that supposed to work?

At least comic book movies are meant to have sort of silly concepts.
    Given the last one was about them out racing missles launched from a nuclear submarine, going into space is pretty much the only place they can go. They saved the world, might as well save the unvierse next.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given the last one was about them out racing missles launched from a nuclear submarine, going into space is pretty much the only place they can go. They saved the world, might as well save the unvierse next.
    God, stop giving them ideas!

Fantastic Member

I love when writers make it a mission to write Blade cooler than anyone previously. You can tell Aaron really wants to make his mark with Blade in this story.
    There's nothing wrong with demonstrating undeniable truths. In fact, the truth should be spread. Wonder Woman would agree.

Could you elaborate? Nothing I've seen about his character reminds me of any version of Blade I've seen.

I agree. I love Idris but if he played Blade like his Fast and the Furious villain it would be terrible. I'd take his Gunslinger character over Brixon and even that would be less than ideal.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

I think the issue with Blade is that while the Wesley Snipe version is so iconic, Marvel fans are sort of used to different versions of the character.

Some are more talkative, some are almost like the Punisher, some are more fun and witty.

I'm not offended by the idea of Mr. Elba, but I'd have to see how he'd approach it. Aside from that, of course, there's the pragmatic "optics" of having played Heimdall in films. There's also the French monk he played in Ghost Rider 2 a lot of people have forgotten, lol. (Yes, not MCU, but anyway..)

The next TV/Film Blade needs to be a ladies' man. Women dig vamps. Especially if Morbius is given a love interest(s), why not Blade? Back in the 70s, didn't one of his girlfriends work as a strip club dancer?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm not offended by the idea of Mr. Elba, but I'd have to see how he'd approach it. Aside from that, of course, there's the pragmatic "optics" of having played Heimdall in films. There's also the French monk he played in Ghost Rider 2 a lot of people have forgotten, lol. (Yes, not MCU, but anyway..)

The next TV/Film Blade needs to be a ladies' man. Women dig vamps. Especially if Morbius is given a love interest(s), why not Blade? Back in the 70s, didn't one of his girlfriends work as a strip club dancer?
    Morbius's love interests always feel weird to me. They're either rather young given his probable age or they are nuts. Or both. I mean, the guy has to be in his late 40s at the least. I don't have much faith in the movie adaptation so I'm just ignoring that for now.

Is Blade really a lady's man or is it just that he's hot? I like his thing he had with Spitfire. It was cute and romantic, but it felt like a relationship between competent adults

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Morbius's love interests always feel weird to me. They're either rather young given his probable age or they are nuts. Or both. I mean, the guy has to be in his late 40s at the least. I don't have much faith in the movie adaptation so I'm just ignoring that for now.

Is Blade really a lady's man or is it just that he's hot? I like his thing he had with Spitfire. It was cute and romantic, but it felt like a relationship between competent adults
    I remember the 90s cartoon made Morbius around Peter's age, which was a dramatic change.. I don't know if some fan perceptions see him in that interpretation.

I guess I wouldn't mind Blade having some sway with women, just to be different from the stoicism and monomaniacal anti-vamp outlook that many attribute to him.