Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

AVENGERS #20
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
    MARVELS 25TH TRIBUTE VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA
    WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!
    The final battle for Midgard! Captain Marvel leads the War Avengers! Hulk battles Ulik! Blade takes on the Black Berserkers of Roxxon! Plus: Daredevil the God Without Fear has a cryptic message that will decide the future of the team.

Do we know anything about these guys?

Looks like they were created in the Mighty Thor run sometime in the last 3 years. I'm not familiar with them.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Elite...am_(Earth-616)

I wonder if they will be similar to the Skeleton warriors in Thor: Ragnarok
    https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...iki/Berserkers
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Looks like they were created in the Mighty Thor run sometime in the last 3 years. I'm not familiar with them.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Elite...am_(Earth-616)

I wonder if they will be similar to the Skeleton warriors in Thor: Ragnarok
    https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...iki/Berserkers
    Oh that's crazy. I just watched a youtube video on them and it looks like they were strong enough to kill pantheons of gods

I think that in the comics they're basically like a different version of the venom symbiote, or something like that
    Last edited by Tracks; 03-19-2019 at 09:21 PM.

care to share that youtube video? I'm curious now
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

not gonna throw in any spoilers but someone (i don't remember who) got extreeeemely close to guessing who the Shadow Colonel is.

Amazing issue for Blade, Dracula, and the vampire status quo in marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    not gonna throw in any spoilers but someone (i don't remember who) got extreeeemely close to guessing who the Shadow Colonel is.

Amazing issue for Blade, Dracula, and the vampire status quo in marvel
    Yeah, Blade looked pretty golden in this issue. Almost more a Blade book than an Avengers one. And it's cool he's sticking around.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, Blade looked pretty golden in this issue. Almost more a Blade book than an Avengers one. And it's cool he's sticking around.
    I appreciate that Jason Aaron basically managed to turn away from every convention.

Loved hearing Blade's monologue about a world without vampires and in the end he played so heavily on Blade's tendency to disappear after a mission is over.

I wonder if he'll keep that new addition to his weaponry...didn't look like he had it in the preview art for war of the realms.

Extraordinary Member

Damn, Dracula played everyone hard. Good for him. And good for Aaron for using a rather obscure character for him to do it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Damn, Dracula played everyone hard. Good for him. And good for Aaron for using a rather obscure character for him to do it.
    Now that the Dracula storyline is tied up with the Winter Guard storyline, looks like Blade's going to be on the Avengers past the War of the Realms for sure.

Buffing up Blade's rogues gallery. I approve.

Also giving Blade a lil sidekick/weapon in Boy Thin is ingenious.

Aaron is doing a fantastic job
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Buffing up Blade's rogues gallery. I approve.

Also giving Blade a lil sidekick/weapon in Boy Thin is ingenious.

Aaron is doing a fantastic job
    Yeah, I didn't even think of him keeping Boy thing. That was a pretty awesone gear upgrade. Hopefully boy thing doesn't mind.

Mighty Member

Yeah, I didn't even think of him keeping Boy thing. That was a pretty awesone gear upgrade. Hopefully boy thing doesn't mind.
    Yea it's pretty perfect. We saw that it generated him wooden blades strong enough to slice through armor pretty easily, plus it gave the Shadow Colonel infinite ammunition for his weaponry too

We don't see it anywhere in the War of Realms preview art with Blade though, or Blade's new armor for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yea it's pretty perfect. We saw that it generated him wooden blades strong enough to slice through armor pretty easily, plus it gave the Shadow Colonel infinite ammunition for his weaponry too

We don't see it anywhere in the War of Realms preview art with Blade though, or Blade's new armor for that matter.
    If your name is Blade, then it sort of defines what his go-to weapon of choices are. All long as he pulls out occasionally as needed. I don't need him using it all the time, but I'd hate to see it vanish completely.

Tchalla for example has pulled out a dozen new toys in this arc which I'm 90% sure will never be seen again.

Mighty Member

If your name is Blade, then it sort of defines what his go-to weapon of choices are. All long as he pulls out occasionally as needed. I don't need him using it all the time, but I'd hate to see it vanish completely.

Tchalla for example has pulled out a dozen new toys in this arc which I'm 90% sure will never be seen again.
    could be cool if his go-to sword was a magic man-thing wooden sword. kinda echoes that ronald wimberly pitch almost

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/pr...07132afd6f.jpg

especially given how often they had his weapons break or shatter in this series, could be useful for sure

they could play on that "he who knows fear burns at the touch of the man-thing" and have enemies burst into flames if Blade cuts/shoots them