Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

And the gun hand is back

ugh.............
    The J-man

Mighty Member

From the dark minds of rising stars Tini Howard and Germán Peralta comes a tale of the underside of the Marvel Universe! A new threat is secretly taking over the planet -- and the more people who know about it, the more powerful the threat becomes. Blade dealt with this threat once before, and hoped to never have to again. He can’t bring the Avengers in on this -- not just for their own safety, but for the safety of everyone on Earth. So he must recruit a team of heroes accustomed to darkness -- a strikeforce. Blade, Angela, Spider-Woman, Wiccan, the Winter Soldier, Monica Rambeau and Daimon Hellstrom join forces to fight the fights that no other Marvel team can take on!
    Wow, so this on-going is actually Blade's team. I wonder what threat this could be?

Mighty Member

Also confirmation that Blade is still with the main Avengers

Spectacular Member

Cool to see Blade leading another team. That Vanguard team he lead was pretty cool.

This is awesome. Also love that we are getting consistently good Blade art, minus that last issue.

Has Blade even met the other members besides Monica and Hellstrom?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

Wow, so this on-going is actually Blade's team. I wonder what threat this could be?
    It states BLade had dealt with this threat once before. It definately sounds bigger than vamps though. Shuma maybe? Blade was one of the Mighty Avengers who fought him during Infinity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It states BLade had dealt with this threat once before. It definately sounds bigger than vamps though. Shuma maybe? Blade was one of the Mighty Avengers who fought him during Infinity.
    Maybe Varnae?

And yea, Blade has never really interacted with most of this team

Spectacular Member

I bet it's some brand new character being Blade is over 100 years old I'm sure he's went up against a lot of foes we haven't heard about yet.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Why didn't Will Smith play Blade at any point during his career? He looks exactly like him
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    I bet it's some brand new character being Blade is over 100 years old I'm sure he's went up against a lot of foes we haven't heard about yet.
    You're probably right. Also because those monsters don't look like anything Blade has ever fought, unless this is some darkhold business

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    Why didn't Will Smith play Blade at any point during his career? He looks exactly like him
    Will is one of my favorite actors but I disagree on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Will is one of my favorite actors but I disagree on this one
    I too disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He fought a cabal of long lived demonic entities as well. They were a carryover from his time with the Bear and Luke Cage's dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    That doesn't really track.

First off Wesley was playing Blade and largely made the character what he is today. New Line held the rights until Marvel got them back a few years ago. Wouldn't have made sense or ben an idea project for Will who was a well established mega star. You either get Snipes back or go get a young guy.

I love Will but no. He's a great entertainer and seriously underrated actor, but he has to make the role work for him. He's not right for Blade and it would be a weird career decision to even consider.
    The J-man