Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not exactly fan fics, but I know there's a couple Blade vs Twilight Youtubes out there.
    Robot Chicken did one with the Count from Sesame Street.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Probably. Aaron does a good job of naturally integrating exposition into his stories. We'll probably get some background on their history.

Also I'm hoping that we see another Blade vs. Dracula match. It's been over ten years since we've seen the two go at it. Although this iteration of Dracula is very interesting. I love Aaron's take on Dracula. It's reminiscent of Cornel's political drama with the Vampire Nation.
    I am going to be so pissed if Blade and Morbius don't talk to each other during this.

And has Aaron ever written Dracula before?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I am going to be so pissed if Blade and Morbius don't talk to each other during this.

And has Aaron ever written Dracula before?
    I don't think so, I'm just going off his lines on the last page

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Robot Chicken did one with the Count from Sesame Street.
    Bruh.

That was the most significant piece of blade lore I've ever witnessed. Cannot unsee. (^_^)
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

I recently watched the American dub of the Blade anime that came out in 2012. Overall I enjoyed it. The action was well done and the animation was great. Harold Perrineau as Blade was something of a mixed back but I think he was passable enough. I liked the character of Mokoto and their version of Deacon Frost as well. And that intro song is really something to live for.

of the 4 Marvel anime that came out in 2011/2012 Blade was clearly the best. Most compelling story and writing with the second best animation. X-men had the best animation of the 4.

Storywise it is clear Warren Ellis relied heavily on the plot and themes of Blade I and II for the overarching story. Still they add some new elements to the mythos. I loved Blade's support cast in that film. Even before Vertigo's American Vampire book dropped I've long thought that Marvel should have different types of vampires and creatures for Blade to face off against. Like Vampire Hunter D does or like he has in Deadpool The Gauntlet and Mighty Avengers.

The one element that I don't the comics have every incorporated (outside of the Guggenheim run ugh) is Blade's thirst for blood. I don't necessarily need it to be addressed we can assume he takes a serum or maybe the comic version doesn't have it. It's kind of unclear. But piggy backing on what Tracks has been saying just having some consistency helps
    The J-man

I also kind of feel like Blade should be more of a pariah in the vampire hunter community. As a dhamphir that's got to make the old guard human hunters and institutions that still exist uneasy. I love this scene from Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust starting at 3:12

The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I also kind of feel like Blade should be more of a pariah in the vampire hunter community. As a dhamphir that's got to make the old guard human hunters and institutions that still exist uneasy. I love this scene from Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust starting at 3:12

I wonder how many other vampire hunters there are at this point? I remember in Curse of the Mutants it seemed like they made it a point to kill almost all of them off. There was that one in the Domino book that showed up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Most of the vampire hunters established in marvel are or were his buddies. I'm sure King was a little uneasy around Blade, given Blade has killed him like 2-3 times.

BANNED

Tomb of Dracula #17 Feb 1974
    "Death Rides the Rails!" "Return From the Grave!"
    First, Blade tracks Dracula back to his hidden lair,

but the Daywalker will soon learn that no lone slayer

is a match for the Lord of Vampires!

Then, Dracula descends upon a fast-moving bullet train and gets caught up in the intrigue playing out within.

Written by Marv Wolfman. Art by Gene Colan and Tom Palmer.

Mighty Member

Shadow Colonel is ridiculously strong in the new preview.

https://comicsverse.com/avengers-15-preview/

knocked blade across the room and was going toe-to-toe with Captain Marvel...not surprise he can turn into mist....the laser vision though? has to be some type of tech.

Shadow Colonel is ridiculously strong in the new preview.

https://comicsverse.com/avengers-15-preview/

knocked blade across the room and was going toe-to-toe with Captain Marvel...not surprise he can turn into mist....the laser vision though? has to be some type of tech.
    Sort of depressing that the Avengers new HQ got jobbed out a bit. But that sort of has to happen I suppose.

He only SORT OF went toe to toe with Carol though. He avoided her attack, but didn't really take or deliver a hit from her. So I'm not sure yet we can assume he's on her level.

Nonetheless, it was a good showing on his part. He out played the Avengers very very badly.

Mighty Member

Sort of depressing that the Avengers new HQ got jobbed out a bit. But that sort of has to happen I suppose.

He only SORT OF went toe to toe with Carol though. He avoided her attack, but didn't really take or deliver a hit from her. So I'm not sure yet we can assume he's on her level.

Nonetheless, it was a good showing on his part. He out played the Avengers very very badly.
    avoided the attack and either her through her into the wall or punched her into the wall

avoided the attack and either her through her into the wall or punched her into the wall
    I don't think he did either if he was mist. I think she just flew right throw him, and she crashed into the wall behind him.

Mighty Member

I don't think he did either if he was mist. I think she just flew right throw him, and she crashed into the wall behind him.
    oh good point, that's probably what happened.