Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,614

    Default Justice, Like Lightning - Thunderbolts Appreciation 2019


    I figured this modern classic of a Marvel team deserved a thread of it's own. For the original Busiek run, the New Thunderbolts, Warren Ellis's Osborn-led squad in the era after Civil War, the Luke Cage era, the all-too-brief Bucky era, and all the others in between.


    (Just not the Red Hulk version)

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,639

    Default

    Well, we can start with every member's last seen issue.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    While checking out current issues of Rosenberg's Punisher, it was nice seeing Baron Zemo up to his old tricks. But if this is only temporary, then I'd welcome someone new taking up the mantle of Citizen V.

  4. #4
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,767

    Default

    You guys might want to watch the latest Marvel Rising episode, Battle of the Bands. Gwen's band have a rival: Screaming Mimi and the Thunderbolts! Melissa appears throughout, but the others don't even get individually named or have any lines (looking at them, I think it's probably Atlas, Jolt, and Moonstone).

  5. #5
    Incredible Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    989

    Default

    I miss this book so much.

    Original team

    Hawkbolts

    Redeemers

    American Eagle and Sepulchre

    Skein

    Ogre and Humus Sapien

  6. #6
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You guys might want to watch the latest Marvel Rising episode, Battle of the Bands. Gwen's band have a rival: Screaming Mimi and the Thunderbolts! Melissa appears throughout, but the others don't even get individually named or have any lines (looking at them, I think it's probably Atlas, Jolt, and Moonstone).
    Teenage Atlas was one thing, but teen Moonstone/Meteorite was so weird.

    (I assumed it was Jolt because I couldn't think of who else it could've been).

  7. #7

    Default

    I really miss Songbird, I hope she comes back as a heroic character again. Technically she is the one character who should have moved on to the Avengers because she loved being a hero and putting her past behind her.

  8. #8
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I really miss Songbird, I hope she comes back as a heroic character again. Technically she is the one character who should have moved on to the Avengers because she loved being a hero and putting her past behind her.
    Yeah, I hope Melissa makes a big comeback soon.

  9. #9
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,767

    Default

    I wonder if a future episode of Rising will have Mimi reform and take on the Songbird identity?

    As for the other band members, Jolt was obvious to me - looked Asian and had short hair, which matches her later comics appearance. Moonstone was the one who didn't look like herself... but yeah, she's the only other female original team member, so it must be her.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    It was unexpected seeing Atlas again, in the Giant-Man mini during War of the Realms, but yeah, I definitely want to see Songbird on an Avengers team again (or anywhere, really). Also Moonstone, up to her usual tricks, Atlas doing his best (and probably getting it wrong), and Mach V, making only slightly better choices than Atlas, but living with them.

    And some of those characters who came later in the run, like Andreas von Strucker/the Swordsman, or Genis-Vell. I feel like a lot of great characters with interesting story potential kind of got left to lie fallow, when that first Thunderbolts run ended.

    Still, Songbird's my number one choice to see again. Zemo and Moonstone and Techno/the Fixer can always come back around again from time to time to be adversaries (if not always 100% villains), but Songbird's the one who really broke free of her past and could soar into a brighter future.

    I liked Jolt, in the day, and recognize her necessity from a narrative standpoint, but she's the one I miss least. All characters are a collection of tropes bundled together for ease of telling a story, but POV characters, to me, suffer the most from a case of 'I can see the wires, and it's taking me out of the story.'

  11. #11

    Default

    I wish charcoal and jolt were still here.

    So who are the Kingpin's Thunderbolts? Why have they come together now again? I am surprised that Moonstone is eager to do the "hero" thing again.

  12. #12
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    It feels strange to me that Zemo is just doing the same exact thing as the first time. You'd think people would be a little suspicious of a new team of Thunderbolts lead by an anonymous Citizen V...

  13. #13
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,767

    Default

    Sunspot needs to beat him up, because he's undoing the good rep he brought to the name.

  14. #14
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sunspot needs to beat him up, because he's undoing the good rep he brought to the name.
    I’d like to see Zemo vs Sunspot as well as having their own teams.
    Zemo’s Thunderbolts/MoE vs Sunspot’s team made up of New Mutants and the heroes he’s interacted with under Ewing + some former T-Bolts who want nothing to do with Zemo: Woo, Adam, Night Thrasher, Toni, Aikku, Cannonball, Songbird, Mach, Atlas, Masked Raider, Genis-Vell (return)

  15. #15
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I’d like to see Zemo vs Sunspot as well as having their own teams.
    Zemo’s Thunderbolts/MoE vs Sunspot’s team made up of New Mutants and the heroes he’s interacted with under Ewing + some former T-Bolts who want nothing to do with Zemo: Woo, Adam, Night Thrasher, Toni, Aikku, Cannonball, Songbird, Mach, Atlas, Masked Raider, Genis-Vell (return)
    Bingo! You just said the magic word.

    If Genis-Vell is revived in a respectful manner and restored to his PAD version, then I'd happily read this story without any complaints.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-02-2019 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •