Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly phase 4 almost feels like filler. Doesn't seem like anything big is happening and they're almost just filling the gap between the Avengers era and the upcoming Fox properities.
    I think that’s because sdcc reveals was just titles some release dates and a few guest stars. I’m sure as time moves on we’ll learn that these projects will have plenty of surprises, cameos, and connections to a wilder mcu moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wasn't Spider-Man: Homecoming technically the end of phase 3? I get what you're saying. I think they've set up some potential stories and can go in a few directions from the way they ended Spider-Man they probably have a direction in mind you know Marvel's always got a million ideas and somehow turns them all into hits.
    Yeah, but I think we might end up seeing Fury and a couple Skrulls pop up through the next phase. Gotta have material for those end scene credits.

.... phase 5 is enough time to get Blade right for his introduction. Don't wait forever, but no need to shoehorn him as a guest star in Shang Chi.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... phase 5 is enough time to get Blade right for his introduction. Don't wait forever, but no need to shoehorn him as a guest star in Shang Chi.
    Not Shang-Chi, but I'd definitely want to see him in Dr. Strange

Wesley Snipes throws his support behind the casting of Mahershala Ali as Blade.

https://news.avclub.com/wesley-snipe...mah-1836645506
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-23-2019 at 10:06 PM.

He's not Snipes. But he's an actor I like. He had a decent arc in house of cards.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    He's not Snipes. But he's an actor I like. He had a decent arc in house of cards.
    He's a tried and true actor who has really risen in fame in recent years at a very, very quick pace. I really thought that the Greenbook thing might damage his career, but he's taken a very proactive approach with Blade. He is 45, so I imagine a year of just working out to get in shape is going to be needed, plus practicing for stunt work and just getting the story together.

Mighty Member

Tini Howard (writer of strikeforce) was surprised about the movie on twitter, so I doubt her book will be used as any basis for the story.

Also a bit more information on strikeforce:

Prepare for Asgard’s answer to X-Force! From the mind of rising star Tini Howard comes a tale of the underside of the Marvel Universe! The Dark Elf King Malekith has finally gotten his just deserts after his failed War of the Realms. But in the vacuum left by one of Thor’s greatest villains, a new threat arises -one that will require a team of heroes accustomed to darkness. Angela, Blade, Spider-Woman, Wiccan, the Winter Soldier, Monica Rambeau and Daimon Hellstrom join forces for a monsterific bloodbath across the realms! COLLECTING: STRIKEFORCE (2019) 1-5

From the TBP solicitation. So I have a feeling this will have to do with Thor's mom (who Blade met in Strikeforce) asking him to pull a team together.

BANNED

So many great things in store for this character that fills me with fond childhood memories. Blade made vampires cool again.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So pumped that Blade is once again coming to the big movie screen!!
    I wonder if the collections dept would do some Blade Omnis? Just collect his appearances in Tomb of Dracula for instance? Another that has Nightstalkers and his 90s solo run?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Tini Howard (writer of strikeforce) was surprised about the movie on twitter, so I doubt her book will be used as any basis for the story.

Also a bit more information on strikeforce:

Prepare for Asgard’s answer to X-Force! From the mind of rising star Tini Howard comes a tale of the underside of the Marvel Universe! The Dark Elf King Malekith has finally gotten his just deserts after his failed War of the Realms. But in the vacuum left by one of Thor’s greatest villains, a new threat arises -one that will require a team of heroes accustomed to darkness. Angela, Blade, Spider-Woman, Wiccan, the Winter Soldier, Monica Rambeau and Daimon Hellstrom join forces for a monsterific bloodbath across the realms! COLLECTING: STRIKEFORCE (2019) 1-5

From the TBP solicitation. So I have a feeling this will have to do with Thor's mom (who Blade met in Strikeforce) asking him to pull a team together.
    Just a quick heads up but this is a mash up solicitation of the War of The Realms: Strikeforce TPB releasing in august and the new separate ongoing series called Strikeforce where the only character their crossing over is Blade, but the ONGOING will be completely separate from the TPB and have a different team. Here are the solicitations for both.

War of Realms Strikeforce TPB...August 21st $15.99
    Earth's heroes undertake a multi-pronged mission to win the War of the Realms! With Thor trapped in Jotunheim, Captain America takes up the God of Thunder's ax, Jarnbjorn, and leads a team including Spider-Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage and Iron Fist into the land of ice and snow in search of their fellow Avenger! Meanwhile, All-Mother Freyja leads the charge to shut down Malekith's Black Bifrost - and Hulk, Blade, Ghost Rider and Punisher follow her straight into the Dark Elf's home territory! And it's up to Captain Marvel and her War Avengers - Weapon H, Captain Britain, Venom, Deadpool, Winter Soldier and Black Widow - to reclaim the Earth! But Malekith's army is vast, and Carol is fighting a losing battle! Collecting WAR OF THE REALMS STRIKEFORCE: THE LAND OF THE GIANTS, THE DARK ELF REALM and THE WAR AVENGERS.

Strikeforce #1...Septermber 25th $3.99
    NO COMPROMISE. NO MERCY. ALL NEW, ONGOING SERIES! From the dark minds of rising stars Tini Howard and Germán Peralta comes a tale of the underside of the Marvel Universe! A new threat is secretly taking over the planet -- and the more people who know about it, the more powerful the threat becomes. Blade dealt with this threat once before, and hoped to never have to again. He can't bring the Avengers in on this -- not just for their own safety, but for the safety of everyone on Earth. So he must recruit a team of heroes accustomed to darkness -- a strikeforce. Blade, Angela, Spider-Woman, Wiccan, the Winter Soldier, Monica Rambeau and Daimon Hellstrom join forces to fight the fights that no other Marvel team can take on!

Fantastic Member

Blade is going to request Spectrum?

I like that, despite her not liking him all that much, he has no hesitation in asking her for help if necessary. Blade is soooo not concerned about people's personal feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    Blade is going to request Spectrum?

I like that, despite her not liking him all that much, he has no hesitation in asking her for help if necessary. Blade is soooo not concerned about people's personal feelings.
    He asked for her help before in MIghty Avengers, so it certainly makes sense for her to be one of the first people she asks again.

Though Spectrum isn't necessarily a no compromise no mercy type character, so we'll see how that works out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Just a quick heads up but this is a mash up solicitation of the War of The Realms: Strikeforce TPB releasing in august and the new separate ongoing series called Strikeforce where the only character their crossing over is Blade, but the ONGOING will be completely separate from the TPB and have a different team. Here are the solicitations for both.

War of Realms Strikeforce TPB...August 21st $15.99
    Earth's heroes undertake a multi-pronged mission to win the War of the Realms! With Thor trapped in Jotunheim, Captain America takes up the God of Thunder's ax, Jarnbjorn, and leads a team including Spider-Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage and Iron Fist into the land of ice and snow in search of their fellow Avenger! Meanwhile, All-Mother Freyja leads the charge to shut down Malekith's Black Bifrost - and Hulk, Blade, Ghost Rider and Punisher follow her straight into the Dark Elf's home territory! And it's up to Captain Marvel and her War Avengers - Weapon H, Captain Britain, Venom, Deadpool, Winter Soldier and Black Widow - to reclaim the Earth! But Malekith's army is vast, and Carol is fighting a losing battle! Collecting WAR OF THE REALMS STRIKEFORCE: THE LAND OF THE GIANTS, THE DARK ELF REALM and THE WAR AVENGERS.

Strikeforce #1...Septermber 25th $3.99
    NO COMPROMISE. NO MERCY. ALL NEW, ONGOING SERIES! From the dark minds of rising stars Tini Howard and Germán Peralta comes a tale of the underside of the Marvel Universe! A new threat is secretly taking over the planet -- and the more people who know about it, the more powerful the threat becomes. Blade dealt with this threat once before, and hoped to never have to again. He can't bring the Avengers in on this -- not just for their own safety, but for the safety of everyone on Earth. So he must recruit a team of heroes accustomed to darkness -- a strikeforce. Blade, Angela, Spider-Woman, Wiccan, the Winter Soldier, Monica Rambeau and Daimon Hellstrom join forces to fight the fights that no other Marvel team can take on!
    I don't think that's what I quoted. That solicitation is pretty specifically in reference to Tini Howard's series and pretty much only references the plot of that series. The only difference is that it informs us that the team is formed in the fallout of War of the Realms.

Mighty Member

STRIKEFORCE #2
    TINI HOWARD (W) • GERMAN PERALTA (A)
    Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    Variant Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    THE DEVIL’S CHILDREN IN THE CITY OF SIN!
    Something is very wrong with Daimon Hellstrom. And that’s saying something for the son of Satan. The only one who might be able to help is Daimon’s sister, Satana — but she’s no angel. Demons, debauchery and decapitation abound as Asgard’s X-Force takes on Las Vegas!

So Asgard and Vegas...could have to do with Damnation? I'm really hoping they link in that Spirits of Vengeance mini though.