Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

How about Stephan James? He doesn't do action movies, and he's a bit young now (although maybe by the time they actually green light the movie he could be good), but he's an incredible actor.

Also Mahershala Ali obviously

those two both have great acting chops. Now you've jsut got me concerend about the fight choreography, especially if its a tv show. With a movie I know they can work out a lot with a stunt double, but on a tv show thats much harder
    The J-man

Incredible Member

I've always been partial to Michael Jai White for the role.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    those two both have great acting chops. Now you've jsut got me concerend about the fight choreography, especially if its a tv show. With a movie I know they can work out a lot with a stunt double, but on a tv show thats much harder
    True and that's why I've been kinda worried about Netflix for Blade. While the daredevil and punisher fight choreography was great, the rest of the shows were pretty mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    True and that's why I've been kinda worried about Netflix for Blade. While the daredevil and punisher fight choreography was great, the rest of the shows were pretty mediocre.
    Punisher had some good choreography and they kept it in a doable wheelhouse for the actors imo

Daredevil was impressive they also used lightning and shadows very well. Also DD had a good stunt double the fact that he had a mask a good poriton of the scenes allowed them to get a professional in there when needed. But I've heard the main actor actually was solid with the stunts he was asked to do.

I agree with you on the other shows.
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

I think one of the biggest problems when it comes to Blade and Marvel is that many writers don't treat vampires with respect. I can admit that sometimes humans can get the drop on them when they are well prepared. The vampires should not be treated as something any scrub can deal with as long as they've got a stake.

Another thing, while Blade will and should always have a special emnity for vampires, they shouldn't be his sole focus. Blade's ongoing fight against the evil of the supernatural should stem from his belief that the occult is something that corrupts humanity into something unnatural, turning people into monsters. He doesn't have to 100% be written opposing vampires in every story, but could also be shown attempting to prevent things like vampirism, lycanthropy and other supernatural curses from spreading throughout the world.

Astonishing Member

Patrick Gleason is drawing for Marvel and he did this spread of current characters and you can see Blade in the back.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D51VffwW...pg&name=medium

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    I think one of the biggest problems when it comes to Blade and Marvel is that many writers don't treat vampires with respect. I can admit that sometimes humans can get the drop on them when they are well prepared. The vampires should not be treated as something any scrub can deal with as long as they've got a stake.

Another thing, while Blade will and should always have a special emnity for vampires, they shouldn't be his sole focus. Blade's ongoing fight against the evil of the supernatural should stem from his belief that the occult is something that corrupts humanity into something unnatural, turning people into monsters. He doesn't have to 100% be written opposing vampires in every story, but could also be shown attempting to prevent things like vampirism, lycanthropy and other supernatural curses from spreading throughout the world.
    Part of why its cool to see him take on Dark Elves

Also I think this might be the most panel time Blade has received in a few years...I remember a while back he was in Ultimate Avengers and X-men at the same time right after MI:13, but none of those felt well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Patrick Gleason is drawing for Marvel and he did this spread of current characters and you can see Blade in the back.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D51VffwW...pg&name=medium
    funny how Blade is the only character thats really obscured

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post

you hit the nail on the head
    The J-man

Mighty Member

the free comic book day avengers book confirms that Blade is still involved with the Avengers after War of the Realms

Tracks with the scoops
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Both Loki and Blade look like they were Photoshopped into that spread, but especially Blade. Maybe Blade wasn't supposed to be with the Avengers this long and so the art is missing him?

Mighty Member

alternate cover to Wolverine vs Blade

Spectacular Member

Who is that in the background I wonder?

I also noticed the book is going to be 56 pages instead of the standard 32 so hopefully the story don't feel rushed.
    Last edited by snoopdogg; 05-17-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    Who is that in the background I wonder?

I also noticed the book is going to be 56 pages instead of the standard 32 so hopefully the story don't feel rushed.
    looks like a new villain. i'm guessing some generic ancient vampire that mind controls one of them.