Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Morbius's love interests always feel weird to me. They're either rather young given his probable age or they are nuts. Or both. I mean, the guy has to be in his late 40s at the least. I don't have much faith in the movie adaptation so I'm just ignoring that for now.

Is Blade really a lady's man or is it just that he's hot? I like his thing he had with Spitfire. It was cute and romantic, but it felt like a relationship between competent adults
    Blade is the sort of guy who probably isn't overly concerned with getting laid, even though he sort could if he wanted to. As far as his relationship with Spitfire goes, I agree. Especially considering both of them are in the same age range, both being at least 80+ years old.

Which is part of Blade's continuity being a mess. Blade originally only had one power: immunity to vampire bites. He wasn't immortal. Him getting other powers was specifically a recent power-up. So how is he 80 years old?

When was he stated to be 80 years old?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When was he stated to be 80 years old?
    Blade was born in the earkt 1900's

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Which is part of Blade's continuity being a mess. Blade originally only had one power: immunity to vampire bites. He wasn't immortal. Him getting other powers was specifically a recent power-up. So how is he 80 years old?
    He isn't immortal he ages slowly and has a very good healing factor..
    Blade other Powers once he was bitten my morphius like 20 years ago...

He didn't age slowly or have a healing factor before the Morbius powerup. Making 80 doesn't fit with that. Not to mention some of the stuff after the movies used movie rules for vampires, giving them movie strengths and weaknesses and politics and the ability to have children.

Avengers #14 was crack!

Great seeing Blade back!!

I like the new outfit and the nunchucks!!!
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Extraordinary Member

I love the new issue, but why did they let the clearly evil dog get away?

I love the new issue, but why did they let the clearly evil dog get away?
    Yeah, Avengers were a little sloppy there. They let that thing just wonder around freely?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, Avengers were a little sloppy there. They let that thing just wonder around freely?
    I think they did try to contain it, but it got out. Still, you don't just allow two vampires into your place. That's just a bad idea.

But I wonder if the vampires wanted in just to get the Avengers or if they're looking for Morbius.

I think they did try to contain it, but it got out. Still, you don't just allow two vampires into your place. That's just a bad idea.

But I wonder if the vampires wanted in just to get the Avengers or if they're looking for Morbius.
    They clearly wanted on ... which is pretty gutsy considering we're talking about the freaking Avengers. I don't think they wanted to pick a fight with the Avengers just for the heck of it. The Avengers have something they want. Morbius is the obviois guess.

Extraordinary Member

They clearly wanted on ... which is pretty gutsy considering we're talking about the freaking Avengers. I don't think they wanted to pick a fight with the Avengers just for the heck of it. The Avengers have something they want. Morbius is the obviois guess.
    The vampire dog has control of Ghost Rider, it would seem. They probably had that planned from the get-go, so it's not terribly out of line. Now the Avengers will have to deal with the Shadow Colonel, vampire dog, and Robbie.

And where's that little Man-Thing?

One thing about this Shadow Colonel is, well, while he's declaring himself the Lord of the Vampires, that's very premature since Dracula is still alive. From what I understand, the Lord of the Vampires title can only be transfered by killing the Lord of the Vampires. And it seems like Dracula is running not just to avoid death, but to ultimately avoid handing over the title.

The vampire dog has control of Ghost Rider, it would seem. They probably had that planned from the get-go, so it's not terribly out of line. Now the Avengers will have to deal with the Shadow Colonel, vampire dog, and Robbie.

And where's that little Man-Thing?

One thing about this Shadow Colonel is, well, while he's declaring himself the Lord of the Vampires, that's very premature since Dracula is still alive. From what I understand, the Lord of the Vampires title can only be transfered by killing the Lord of the Vampires. And it seems like Dracula is running not just to avoid death, but to ultimately avoid handing over the title.
    I think that's why he still needs to find Dracula. I don't think it's official yet. Maybe politically, but to get the abilities of the Lord of the vampires he's still gotta off Drac.

Extraordinary Member

I think that's why he still needs to find Dracula. I don't think it's official yet. Maybe politically, but to get the abilities of the Lord of the vampires he's still gotta off Drac.
    Does he have any political power? All he's done is scare a bunch of vampires who now fear that he'll kill them. He's also not offering any sort of alliance with any of the clans, which is vastly different than what we saw in Blood of the X-Men, where Dracula's son was very interesting in setting himself up as a legitimate Lord of the Vampires by not just killing Dracula, but getting approval from the other vampires.

Even the attack on the monster city is probably just a bunch of scared vampires trying to take over to give themselves some protection.

Fantastic Member

We know from flashbacks in the Mighty Avengers book that Blade was clearly well into his career back in the 1970s. And he looked to be at least 30, there. Even assuming current Marvel is in the 2010s, Blade hasn't physically changed in any noticeable way that indicates aging since then, so he's easily in senior citizen age range.

The original comics version has clearly been changed to fit some aspects of the film for modernization, whether you want call it soft retcon or bite by Morbius, etc.