Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    This is also just wild. Blade is the top trending thing on twitter and the movie announcement was at the top of reddit for a bit. I don't think Blade has every received this much attention, even when his movies were coming out. After the bump Black Panther got, I really think we're going to see a radical shift for the character. Multiple books, multiple features in MCU movies (he'll definitely be in Dr. Strange 2, for instance).

It's good that Blade is in Avengers with Strikeforce on the horizon, but when do you guys think they put out his solo series now?
    Hmmm... I think it might be a bit early.

Give Aarons Avenger run and Strike Force a bit of time to raise his profile and maybe use him more in a couple big events so that people will perceive him as more of an important character.

I definately think there should be some material on the shelves before the movie comes out ... but I still think there's a bit of time to try and raise his stock a bit so that the solo book will have a better chance of attracting an audience.

we;ve still got a few years. Blade isn't coming out in phase 4. He's a phase 5 film
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    we;ve still got a few years. Blade isn't coming out in phase 4. He's a phase 5 film
    Blade is Phase 5? I'm not gonna lie, that's a tad bit disappointing.
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Sкєʟʟує View Post
    Yeah. Phase 4 ends with Thor: Love and Thunder. But they announced Blade since they’ve already decided on Phase 5 and the next big crossover. Feige said they’d considered revealing both Phases on Saturday.

Spectacular Member

I don't think anyone is mentioned this yet but did you guys notice they changed his logo for the movie? The comics version has his own logo that is used commonly in the comics I don't know if that means anything.

This phase is only 2 years

It isn't a long thing culminating in an Avengers movie like the last 3 phases
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

To be fair, phase 4 is much shorter than previous phases. Its only 2 years.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    I don't think anyone is mentioned this yet but did you guys notice they changed his logo for the movie? The comics version has his own logo that is used commonly in the comics I don't know if that means anything.
    I'm happy with that. The comics logo is a bit plain.

To be fair, phase 4 is much shorter than previous phases. Its only 2 years.
    Honestly phase 4 almost feels like filler. Doesn't seem like anything big is happening and they're almost just filling the gap between the Avengers era and the upcoming Fox properities.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly phase 4 almost feels like filler. Doesn't seem like anything big is happening and they're almost just filling the gap between the Avengers era and the upcoming Fox properities.
    I think that's exactly what it is. I think Thor 4 and Dr. Strange 2 are gonna be key in just massively expanding the universe

I think that's exactly what it is. I think Thor 4 and Dr. Strange 2 are gonna be key in just massively expanding the universe
    Yeah, it definately seems like a rebuilding phase for the MCU. They're new stuff on the horizen but they probably need time to properly build it up.

I just hope the MCU doesn't lose momentum in the process. The potentially sucky thing about End Game is that it's not only a big finale for the past 2 dozen movies... it's a potential jumping OFF point for the audience. Hopefully stuff like Shang Chi and Eternals can keep the momentum going until stuff like X-Men and FF are ready to go.

The only truly new franchises for phase 4 are the Eternals and Shang-Chi. I wasn't even interested in Eternals until I saw the cast, well played Marvel.

Other then those films we've got a prequel with Scar-Jo, two sequels and some Disney Plus projects that looks liek they'll ahve big budgets, but those are all familiar characters that I think people are hyped for and will do well.

"What If" is a Disney Plus show right? That caught me by surprise. I also think its interesting Netflix took a swipe at Marvel by doing their "What if?" show first. Bleeding Cool or some other outlet reported it but I didn't realize Marvel was going to announce it.

I think Marvel is still in the process of crafting a big phase 5, because Phase 4 doesn't feel all that interwoven. It's not building to an Avengers movie its just giving all these characters some stand alone space in their shows, although Feige did hint that Doctor Strange and WandaVision might intersect.

As crazy as these Phase 4 announcements were and how excited I am for all these shows I think Phase 5 will be even crazier. They've got to do Blade and finally introduce a little horror and supernatiral into the Marvel Universe, Doctor Strange was more magic then supernatural in his first film.

Marvel didn't even announce an Avengers film they need to figure otu what they want to do with that. You know they are working on X-men and Fantastic Four!

Man I'm so hyped today
    The J-man

The only truly new franchises for phase 4 are the Eternals and Shang-Chi. I wasn't even interested in Eternals until I saw the cast, well played Marvel.

Other then those films we've got a prequel with Scar-Jo, two sequels and some Disney Plus projects that looks liek they'll ahve big budgets, but those are all familiar characters that I think people are hyped for and will do well.

"What If" is a Disney Plus show right? That caught me by surprise. I also think its interesting Netflix took a swipe at Marvel by doing their "What if?" show first. Bleeding Cool or some other outlet reported it but I didn't realize Marvel was going to announce it.

I think Marvel is still in the process of crafting a big phase 5, because Phase 4 doesn't feel all that interwoven. It's not building to an Avengers movie its just giving all these characters some stand alone space in their shows, although Feige did hint that Doctor Strange and WandaVision might intersect.

As crazy as these Phase 4 announcements were and how excited I am for all these shows I think Phase 5 will be even crazier. They've got to do Blade and finally introduce a little horror and supernatiral into the Marvel Universe, Doctor Strange was more magic then supernatural in his first film.

Marvel didn't even announce an Avengers film they need to figure otu what they want to do with that. You know they are working on X-men and Fantastic Four!

Man I'm so hyped today
    The Spider-Man movie makes me think they are building towards something though... I'm guessing some varient of Secret Invasion. Whatever it is, I suspect we'll get small bits interlocking everything together which won't really come into fruition until phase 5

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The Spider-Man movie makes me think they are building towards something though... I'm guessing some varient of Secret Invasion. Whatever it is, I suspect we'll get small bits interlocking everything together which won't really come into fruition until phase 5
    wasn't Spider-Man: Homecoming technically the end of phase 3? I get what you're saying. I think they've set up some potential stories and can go in a few directions from the way they ended Spider-Man they probably have a direction in mind you know Marvel's always got a million ideas and somehow turns them all into hits.
    The J-man

wasn't Spider-Man: Homecoming technically the end of phase 3?
    Yes, and it makes sense given the subject matter
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html