Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061626364 LastLast

the evolution of Blade: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/2...vampire-hunter

it skips some 90s appearances and comics, it also skips that BP arc appearance and doesn't really delve into his showings post the 2006 series besides saying tehy went more with the movie version of the character, but still an interesting read

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Frankly I think the rumor mill is killing cinema. I'm going to try to ignore everything till I can see it on the screen.
    I tend to avoid rumors for films I care about or shows/films I'm really passionate about and going to see without fail.
    The J-man

Just found out Blades father was white, had no idea he was biracial this whole time.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Just found out Blades father was white, had no idea he was biracial this whole time.
    it may or may not be canon at this point. I don't think that series has been directly referenced since it ended. The Latverian father angle, etc. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    No one considers that canon anymore similar to most things from Guggenheim’s run. The robot hand, the ritual, the low showings.

Outside of the Doom connection I don’t think you really need anything from that run. You can have him know Wolverine without the Shield story arc.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    No one considers that canon anymore similar to most things from Guggenheim’s run. The robot hand, the ritual, the low showings.

Outside of the Doom connection I don’t think you really need anything from that run. You can have him know Wolverine without the Shield story arc.
    I’d like to see Blade flip a car over on someone, or physically overpower somebody class 10 just to have a definitive feat of his true strength. Sometimes Im more concerned about those thongs than a good story. Im different from most fans in that way. But he’s one of three characters that I’ll put money into regardless of what happens in the story.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 11-24-2019 at 03:44 PM.

From what little I've read I'm glad it's ignored.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I’d like to see Blade flip a car over on someone, or physically overpower somebody class 10 just to have a definitive feat of his true strength. Sometimes Im more concerned about those thongs than a good story. Im different from most fans in that way. But he’s one of three characters that I’ll put money into regardless of what happens in the story.
    that doesn't bother me as much I think Blade generally has enough higher-end showings where reasonable people can discern where he stands. He's mostly fighting vamps who are unclassified anyway. The only moments I can think of with individuals who are beyond class 10 are Spider-Man and Dracula.

I've always felt that with he most accurate depictions of Blade, he always steps up when sh*! really hits the fan. You know in like the 11th hour of the story. Whether in the movies, in the anime or in the comics Blade brings it home. When all seems lost and the bad guys about to win Blade turns into the badest man in the room and turns the dial up to 11.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Apparently Blade is vulnerable to red sun light

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Apparently Blade is vulnerable to red sun light
    I hope you're joking
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I hope you're joking
    In the new Avengers he, black widow, and ghost rider are driving space and Black Widow says Blade's on the brink of death. Robbie is confused and Blade says it's the red sun light.

In the new Avengers he, black widow, and ghost rider are driving space and Black Widow says Blade's on the brink of death. Robbie is confused and Blade says it's the red sun light.
    Blade should bite Gladiator and get some of his power.

Why would he make that connection? As it's never happened before.. and he's never been to space before... and even if they are assuming 'Bizarro-Vampire' concept here.. he isn't exploding in a ball of flame, It's a really weird claim to make. The kind of thing that the writer knows, but nobody IN-universe should connect.

Im gonna go look.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Why would he make that connection? As it's never happened before.. and he's never been to space before... and even if they are assuming 'Bizarro-Vampire' concept here.. he isn't exploding in a ball of flame, It's a really weird claim to make. The kind of thing that the writer knows, but nobody IN-universe should connect.
    Well Blade has been to space in mi13, and he talks to Robbie about hating it.

It’s 100% true. I won’t ruin it, but it looks just as bad, and possibly worse for Blade than described. Can’t say I’m pleased about it, but it’s interesting.