Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    yeah based on showings I'd say 5 tons possibly over 10 or more in really dire situaiton when he's being pushed to his limit
    Actually, Marvel's vampires, including Blade, can only lift about one ton. The exceptions to that rule are Varnae (the first vampire) and Dracula (who drank a bit of Varnae's blood). Although, Dracula isn't even close to Varnae's power level.

depends on the writter we have a number of instances that break that one ton rule
    The J-man

Mighty Member

AVENGERS #30
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A) • Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    STARBRAND REBORN Conclusion: WHO WILL BE BRANDED?
    In a Shi’ar space prison the size of a galaxy, the cosmic war for the Starbrand super weapon comes to its cataclysmic conclusion. Who is the shocking new wielder of the Starbrand? And will they survive long enough to control the epic planet-melting power at their disposal? Not if Gladiator of the Shi’ar has anything to say about it. But the space-ravaged Avengers will have a thing or two to say about it too. Including Brood Thor, Captain Corsair, the War Widow, the new-look She-Hulk and Blade… as you’ve never seen him before!

STRIKEFORCE #5
    TINI HOWARD (W)
    JACOPO CAMAGNI (A)
    Cover by JUAN JOSE RYP
    GHOST IN THE MACHINE!
    Someone is tinkering with the boundaries between life and death — or human and machine. This team has dealt with undead before, but death is due an upgrade. And no one is prepared for this digital revolution!

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Actually, Marvel's vampires, including Blade, can only lift about one ton. The exceptions to that rule are Varnae (the first vampire) and Dracula (who drank a bit of Varnae's blood). Although, Dracula isn't even close to Varnae's power level.
    Has there ever been much with Varnae? The only time I ever saw him was in the finale to Nightstalkers and he was killed pretty fast. He didn't acutally DO anything but stand there and seem intimidating.

Has he had much exposure outside of a few name drops for backstory stuff?

Um, yeah, born in Atlantis (before it sunk), member of the cult of Chton, turned into a vampire by his allies during some attack. Got bored with the unlife, allowed Dracula to bite him so he could become the new king of vampires, performed a suicide by sunlight. Resurrected in modern times, I don't think he's been killed since.

Um, yeah, born in Atlantis (before it sunk), member of the cult of Chton, turned into a vampire by his allies during some attack. Got bored with the unlife, allowed Dracula to bite him so he could become the new king of vampires, performed a suicide by sunlight. Resurrected in modern times, I don't think he's been killed since.
    yeah, I've read a few blurbs on him, but never saw any issues actually dealing with pre-atlantis or actually showing him doing anything that justifies his 'much stronger than dracula' credits. Just... exposition blurbs basically saying 'yeah, there were of course vampires before Dracula...' Curious where he was shown doing stuff. May want to track some of those down.

You have one writer who says Blade has one ton strength. And his knowledge of Blade prior to writing was questionable. This is the same guy that gave Blade a gun for a hand. And if all Vampires are created equal. How does Blade mop the floor with them so easily? He didn’t even gain his powers from a conventional Vampire. Morbius was created through science.

Even these two bios show discrepancies in strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    You have one writer who says Blade has one ton strength. And his knowledge of Blade prior to writing was questionable. This is the same guy that gave Blade a gun for a hand. And if all Vampires are created equal. How does Blade mop the floor with them so easily? He didn’t even gain his powers from a conventional Vampire. Morbius was created through science.

Even these two bios show discrepancies in strength.

Blade was mopping the floor with vampires BEFORE he was even retconned into being a half vampire though. We have to remember that normal human beings have been able to fight and kill vampires. So they're certainly strong, but not THAT strong at least by marvel comic book standards.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Blade was mopping the floor with vampires BEFORE he was even retconned into being a half vampire though. We have to remember that normal human beings have been able to fight and kill vampires. So they're certainly strong, but not THAT strong at least by marvel comic book standards.
    You have a point. But after the upgrade, he was one shotting, and ripping the heads off Vampires. He wasn’t really doing that as a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Avengers solicitation says we'll be seeing a new look Blade in January.
    Nice. I hope the look isn’t anything like the one where they made Blade look like one of the Village People.

Extraordinary Member

Anyone wonder if Blade is going to show up in that new Morbius mini?

I just want a scene where everyone is trying to figure out how to take Morbius alive while Blade is just, "Yeah...alive...I'll keep that in mind, sure..."

you all have to account for stat drift too. Captain America wasn't written liek he is today when he was first introduced. Same goes for Luke Cage and a number of heroes.

Dracula didn't have the feats he has today in th eoriginal Tomb of Dracula run.

Vampires are still more or less fodder but on average I'd say they have stronger showings then they did in the 70s comparitively. Blade was prey much just staking vamps. He wasn't slapping guys around the way he does today or throwing people through walls.
    The J-man

Spectacular Member

Sometimes you have Vampires able to smack Spider-Man around and then get beat by a normal human. Who was that Vampire that was able to get some good shots on Captain Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    Sometimes you have Vampires able to smack Spider-Man around and then get beat by a normal human. Who was that Vampire that was able to get some good shots on Captain Marvel?
    from jason Aaron's Avengers run? I think that was the Shadow Colonel, but all the other vampires were great too. I think the artist did a fantastic job bringing them to life.

The Legion of the Unliving is probably the best of Blade's rogues in over a decade

Those vampires were cool. We didn't get a ton of background, but I just appreciate that he showed some people at Marvel its not hard to write cool and interesting vampires. They weren't cannon fodder they were actually interesitng villains like monsters from vampire hunter D or countless other modern vampire storries.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    from jason Aaron's Avengers run? I think that was the Shadow Colonel, but all the other vampires were great too. I think the artist did a fantastic job bringing them to life.

The Legion of the Unliving is probably the best of Blade's rogues in over a decade

Those vampires were cool. We didn't get a ton of background, but I just appreciate that he showed some people at Marvel its not hard to write cool and interesting vampires. They weren't cannon fodder they were actually interesitng villains like monsters from vampire hunter D or countless other modern vampire storries.
    I'm excited for when the avengers fight them again, you know Aaron is going to make the fight amazing and do Blade justice.

Also I think Aaron is slowly building up Blade for an epic fight with Dracula. He gets an upgrade nearly every arc. (Boy-thing and now the breathing gun).