Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 793
  1. #1
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    756

    Default Blade the Vampire Hunter Appreciation 2019



    Figured this would be a great day to start this up given Eric Brooks just got a promotion

    Spoilers for Avengers #12

    https://imgur.com/gallery/HZUlFCx
    Last edited by Tracks; 01-09-2019 at 09:03 AM.

  2. #2
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,316

    Default

    Yes!!!!

    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  3. #3
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,316

    Default

    Blade's hair grew really fast from his previous appearance. Wasn't he bald with a tattoo? Anyway I'm not complaining
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  4. #4
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,286

    Default

    I really like the line up of this team. It's basically what I'd have picked for a Dark Avengers book.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

  5. #5
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,316

    Default



    glad Marvel is finally on point with the blade design again. Gives artists something they can easily duplicate
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Yeah, Blade switches costumes too much for a guy with a movie established look that works.

    Wonder how he'll work with Morbius in this vampire arc?

  7. #7
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    756

    Default

    I think marvel's been leaning towards this war of the realms look as his main modern look. basically the MI:13 look minus the haircut.

    Also if this occurs after the Avengers arc, it looks like Blade might stick around as an Avenger after the vampire arc...might mean that he's not the one who becomes the new lord of the damned (would have been cool).

  8. #8
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    756

    Default

    I think marvel's been leaning towards this war of the realms look as his main modern look. basically the MI:13 look minus the haircut.

    Also if this occurs after the Avengers arc, it looks like Blade might stick around as an Avenger after the vampire arc...might mean that he's not the one who becomes the new lord of the damned (would have been cool).

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I think marvel's been leaning towards this war of the realms look as his main modern look. basically the MI:13 look minus the haircut.

    Also if this occurs after the Avengers arc, it looks like Blade might stick around as an Avenger after the vampire arc...might mean that he's not the one who becomes the new lord of the damned (would have been cool).
    I have seen several contenders for Lord of the Vampires: there's the Shadow Colonel, Morbius, or one of Dracula's children. We know Blade has cooled down on his intense hatred of vampires. He won't kill one of they can convince him that they're peaceful. However, that doesn't mean he'd want to be their king, nor would it be a choice they'd be happy with.

    The Shadow Colonel is unlikely for me because he's supposed to be up against Blade at some point. If he's going against Blade, he ain't gonna have time to take on Dracula.

    Morbius is an odd choice, especially since he isn't a traditional vampire. We don't even know if he can be turned. As the last Avengers issue pointed out, Morbius isn't well liked among the normal vampire community because he is a freak. However, Morbius has also led the monster community beneath New York before. He's a horrific failure, but he's also someone who does try and make the lives of others better. So even though he may not want the job and the other vampires may not like him, he wouldn't be a bad choice.

    Now we get into the less obvious choices, Dracula's children. He has several. Most of them despise him, with only one, his son Janus, showing any real loyalty to him at all.

  10. #10
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I have seen several contenders for Lord of the Vampires: there's the Shadow Colonel, Morbius, or one of Dracula's children. We know Blade has cooled down on his intense hatred of vampires. He won't kill one of they can convince him that they're peaceful. However, that doesn't mean he'd want to be their king, nor would it be a choice they'd be happy with.

    The Shadow Colonel is unlikely for me because he's supposed to be up against Blade at some point. If he's going against Blade, he ain't gonna have time to take on Dracula.

    Morbius is an odd choice, especially since he isn't a traditional vampire. We don't even know if he can be turned. As the last Avengers issue pointed out, Morbius isn't well liked among the normal vampire community because he is a freak. However, Morbius has also led the monster community beneath New York before. He's a horrific failure, but he's also someone who does try and make the lives of others better. So even though he may not want the job and the other vampires may not like him, he wouldn't be a bad choice.

    Now we get into the less obvious choices, Dracula's children. He has several. Most of them despise him, with only one, his son Janus, showing any real loyalty to him at all.
    aren't most of them dead? I don't remember what happened to janus in that old x-men storyline.

    also I think your list is accurate...at this point I'm leaning towards Morbius. Doubt Shadow Colonel survives, unless Jason Aaron and marvel are using this story line to set him up as a major character moving forward.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    aren't most of them dead? I don't remember what happened to janus in that old x-men storyline.

    also I think your list is accurate...at this point I'm leaning towards Morbius. Doubt Shadow Colonel survives, unless Jason Aaron and marvel are using this story line to set him up as a major character moving forward.
    Janus is alive as far as I know. We last saw him in Fear Itself. Until we're told that he's dead, he's alive. That doesn't mean that I expect him him to show up here, but it could happen, especially given Aaron's love for obscure characters.

    Even if Morbius takes the mantle-which would just be weird-the Shadow Colonel could still be around. Plenty of vampires would be mad about Morbius and the Shadow Colonel could use that anger and fear of the new to create more problems down the road. It would be an interesting parallel to what we see with the Russian and American superhero teams.

    It would also explain why Blade stays with the Avengers, at least for a bit. He's normally quick to leave a team because he wants to get back to killing vampires, but if Morbius is leading them, then I think Blade would feel OK to let him do it...for a minute.

  12. #12
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,833

    Default

    This may very well be the Daywalkers time in the sun.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post


    glad Marvel is finally on point with the blade design again. Gives artists something they can easily duplicate
    The design is very movie friendly, too.

  14. #14

    Default

    so can Blade be used to fight against villains who are not vampires? Hopefully we can see what he can do against "traditional" super criminals, fantasy creatures of different kinds, and aliens.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so can Blade be used to fight against villains who are not vampires? Hopefully we can see what he can do against "traditional" super criminals, fantasy creatures of different kinds, and aliens.
    We've seen him go against demons and other monsters. Vampires are just his thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •