Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

i still think Kiefer Sutherland would be a good casting choice for Deacon. Frost kind of resembles his dad in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    That's what I'm curious about to. He's already featured in the story directly after War of the Realms but this other book spins out of War of the Realms. Maybe he departs in the middle of the next story and returns at some later point when the Dracula stuff is wrapping up.
    I can buy him leaving and coming back later. I do think him and T'Challa are very much on different pages if he's trying to cure vamps.

As long as he's got another book, and as long as he'll eventually return to the Avengers story when Dracula returns, I'm reasonably okay with him being cycled out of the team. I think they said earlier that one of the Avenger spots was sort of rotating anyways. I'm just glad there's another book for Blade while if he's losing is Avengers spot. Especially if he ends up leading the team. Because honestly on the Avengers he's gonna be somewhat of a background character (except when they are fighting vampires obviously). In a new book, I think he has a good chance of legit being the lead.

Interesting how T'Challa's kind of morphed over the years. There are incarnations of T'Challa that are more cutthroat and would of backed Blade in order to protect Wakanda
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Interesting how T'Challa's kind of morphed over the years. There are incarnations of T'Challa that are more cutthroat and would of backed Blade in order to protect Wakanda
    Well T'Challa still killed all of them, but he understands vampirism as more of a disease, and so the people aren't responsible for their actions.

But their relationship has been interesting so far. Black Panther basically refused to let him leave the team.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I can buy him leaving and coming back later. I do think him and T'Challa are very much on different pages if he's trying to cure vamps.

As long as he's got another book, and as long as he'll eventually return to the Avengers story when Dracula returns, I'm reasonably okay with him being cycled out of the team. I think they said earlier that one of the Avenger spots was sort of rotating anyways. I'm just glad there's another book for Blade while if he's losing is Avengers spot. Especially if he ends up leading the team. Because honestly on the Avengers he's gonna be somewhat of a background character (except when they are fighting vampires obviously). In a new book, I think he has a good chance of legit being the lead.
    I expect he could still play a major role in the upcoming Mephisto storyline, given his role in Damnation that set everything up. One of the things I like about Aaron is never really lets his main cast fall into the background. Everyone always has a role or a moment to shine, however brief.

It's also crazy to me that Blade was basically created as a nemesis for Dracula and they haven't really had an encounter in 10 years. It'd be closer to 20 if not for his brief series. In that time Dracula's gone up against the Howling Commandos, Old Man Logan, Deadpool, and a few other people I'm sure.

If T'Challa wasn't chairman of the Avengers at that very moment, it's POSSIBLE he might have been more cut throat. I think when you're sitting in that chair, you are obligated to represent something more.

That said, ANY version of T'Challa might fight the value in curing vamps over killing them. A cure does more than simply killing a handful in the grand scheme of things.

Mighty Member

larger version of the cover

This team feels kind of random. Like some characters fit with one another and others don’t
    The J-man

Mighty Member

This team feels kind of random. Like some characters fit with one another and others don’t
    So I think Blade, Angela, Hellstrom, and Wiccan are clear fits. Winter Soldier makes sense since he took on Fury's role as the guardian of the realm or something for a while. I don't really know much about Spider-Woman, but Monica had been doing similar things in The Ultimates I think, in terms of taking on more galactic threats.

I have a feeling this team is basically the Midnight Sons meets the Guardians of the Galaxy, comprised of b-list characters.

Woah woah what? Bucky took over Fury’s role?!
    The J-man

BANNED

I don't think i will get the title... I want a Blade solo, i got the every issue of the last solo but it got cancelled too early, it wasn't half bad... I really liked the Wolverine & Blade team up issue of it. Oh well... what i want to say is Blade's job is hunting vampires... what does he do in this team ? will he fight super crimimals now or something ? I can't see Blade do that, Blade neither care about Justice, that's Daredevil's job nor care about super crime that's for spider-man or most of the heroes... Blade just hunts vampires 'cause he hates them... lol So i can't really see this team work. I especially don't want Blade in space... I want a solo grounded max series actually.

Mighty Member

Woah woah what? Bucky took over Fury’s role?!
    In his series a few years ago, yea

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/sh...5-bucky-barnes

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Where was Blade in the Tomb of Dracula anime BTW? I don't think he was in there
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Mighty Member

Jason Aaron confirmed on twitter that he has a lot more planned for Blade. Looks like he'll be splitting his time between the Avengers and Strikeforce.

Here's to hoping this lands him a solo in a year or two.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Well T'Challa still killed all of them, but he understands vampirism as more of a disease, and so the people aren't responsible for their actions.

But their relationship has been interesting so far. Black Panther basically refused to let him leave the team.
    Well, there is a way to "cure" vampires since vampirism and a few other supernatural afflictions are curses that come from the Darkhold. Buuuuut, something else would probably show up to take their place if they ever were vanquished.