Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Say, I didn't know that during Secret Wars (2015) apparently Blade was a member of the Thor Corps, and had enhanced Asgardian powers and a hammer "whistler" along with his dhampir abilities. anybody have scans?
    I think he was in it for like a panel or two

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I think he was in it for like a panel or two
    shoot. well, at least it's canon, lol. I want him to get some Asgardian weapons out of this War of the Realms, anyway.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

HAHAHA that bit panel was pretty funny.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Say, I didn't know that during Secret Wars (2015) apparently Blade was a member of the Thor Corps, and had enhanced Asgardian powers and a hammer "whistler" along with his dhampir abilities. anybody have scans?

wait what?! how is this the first I'm hearing of this?!
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Him being on the Thor Corps honestly wasn't that big of a deal. Everyone had a version of themselves in it.

Mighty Member

I just love how creative Aaron is getting with Blade's abilities. He's the same writer that had Blade turn into a bat. I think with Aaron we'll get a writer set some limits around what Blade can and can't do and why. I don't think it's a coincidence he's given blade two of his cooler moments in the past few years.

Extraordinary Member

I just love how creative Aaron is getting with Blade's abilities. He's the same writer that had Blade turn into a bat. I think with Aaron we'll get a writer set some limits around what Blade can and can't do and why. I don't think it's a coincidence he's given blade two of his cooler moments in the past few years.
    The man loves Blade and realizes that his powers are vague enough to do a lot with.

Turning into a bat is dumb and should be ignored.
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Turning into a bat is dumb and should be ignored.
    Him turning into a bat like the Rick Remember written UNCANNY AVENGERS. Yes. It is dumb.
    Dracula and other vamps turning into bats. Still a good idea. Kind of a lost art.

Fantastic Member

Personally I prefer mist shapeshifting than morphing into a bat. But I'm probably in the minority on that.

But then again, I also think it'd be cool to see a "what if" story where Blade is a pirate and fighting vampires in the age of piracy, so I'm weird like that.
    Last edited by BlackWind; 03-08-2019 at 08:56 PM.

I'd be okay with Dracula or some really high level/strong vamp doing it, because lets be real changing into mist is kind of cheap and renders a lot of threats ineffective.

Just feels like something cheap a big bad would use to get out of danger. I'm getting Naraku flashbacks,

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Him turning into a bat like the Rick Remember written UNCANNY AVENGERS. Yes. It is dumb.
    Dracula and other vamps turning into bats. Still a good idea. Kind of a lost art.
    I agree with this statement
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I mean I've said it before, I more just want consistency...like some type of logic. If every vampire in marvel can shape shift and turn into mist, it doesn't make sense that Blade can't. We've seen even newer vampires display all those abilities. I'd rather have them explain that Blade can do them but refuses because he hates those parts of himself or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'd be okay with Dracula or some really high level/strong vamp doing it, because lets be real changing into mist is kind of cheap and renders a lot of threats ineffective.

Just feels like something cheap a big bad would use to get out of danger. I'm getting Naraku flashbacks,

I agree with this statement
    If all vamps can turn into mist I serious wonder how Blade or any other vampire hunter can kill these guys. Really, that's how a lot of them escaped the Avengers in the recent issue.

Yeah turning into mist is a big trump card I actually like the concept of shapeshifting and I'm okay with having different species or different levels of vampires. I also feel like turning into mist isn't super common in vampire mythology in general across different cultures. Than you've probably got to bring crosses or some garlic spray and it has the potential to get a little silly

I mean I've said it before, I more just want consistency...like some type of logic. If every vampire in marvel can shape shift and turn into mist, it doesn't make sense that Blade can't. We've seen even newer vampires display all those abilities. I'd rather have them explain that Blade can do them but refuses because he hates those parts of himself or something.
    Blade's a dhampir (sort of) I think that's all the explanation we need or at least that I need. I like the fact that there are different species of vampire and the dark gift can vary throughout the different denizens of darkness works for me. I don't need cookie cutter vampires.

Ability wise I truly think Blade is perfect as is. Superhuman stats and senses, vamp healing. IF you want to give him hypnosis than fine. Everything else you can chalk up to skills or specialized weaponry.

You give Blade mist powers some he will be able to overcome threats too easily or some writers will bungle it if not straight up ignore it.

Then as Xpac was alluding too, if every vampire and their mother can turn into mist how am I suppose to take it seriously that people can kill them as easily as they can. I think writers are better served keeping ti as some rare or high level trait.

I get your point about vampires being more well defines but Marvel seems unlikely to do this. Every writer seems free to do whatever they want with vampires and its both good and bad imo.

probably the best marvel vampire breakdown I've come across:
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Really cool that Blade is in the Avengers now.
    I have not read many Blade comic books stories before but i liked the trilogy of the movies by Wesley Snipes.