Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

nice find!

Blade had a few small lines in War of the Realms today, but that is it
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Yea, his lines were a bit weird, but I guess is hoping to introduce him to a larger audience.

Still, "I'm Blade" felt kinda off

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Aaron was giving characters way too many lines this issue. It felt like he felt like he had to give everyone something.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I feel like Aaron was giving characters way too many lines this issue. It felt like he felt like he had to give everyone something.
    I do appreciate it...like it might take a bit away from the story, but it basically also gives every fan a little something each issue. like I know some of us are predominantly reading for Blade and with Aaron we know he won't just be background art, even if his contributions are only random lines here and there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I do appreciate it...like it might take a bit away from the story, but it basically also gives every fan a little something each issue. like I know some of us are predominantly reading for Blade and with Aaron we know he won't just be background art, even if his contributions are only random lines here and there.
    True, true, which is why Aaron is doing it. I guess it would feel weird if they didn't.

has Blade ever been to Otherworld? I think it'd be interesting to see that.

Mighty Member

It's finally coming out!!

https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...-dave-wilkins/

Guggenheim wrote this way back during his Blade run.

Out of the blue, I sent him an e-mail about this one-shot a couple of months ago, and he told me there'd be some good news soon.

I'll reserve judgement till I read the fight. The last Blade and Wolverine fight he wrote was so underwhelming I wish I skipped it
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'll reserve judgement till I read the fight. The last Blade and Wolverine fight he wrote was so underwhelming I wish I skipped it
    I think a large part of that was the art, so at least that'll be better. I've also always thought there could be cool stories to tell with vampires and the history of weapon x given how similar their abilities are. That one episode of the anime with the vampire soldier was probably the best version of a government super-soldier/vampire program.

The one annoying thing is we'll probably see a return of the gun-hand though.

I remember this was put out around the time that this series was supposed to be released

Incredible Member

I think a large part of that was the art, so at least that'll be better. I've also always thought there could be cool stories to tell with vampires and the history of weapon x given how similar their abilities are. That one episode of the anime with the vampire soldier was probably the best version of a government super-soldier/vampire program.

The one annoying thing is we'll probably see a return of the gun-hand though.

I remember this was put out around the time that this series was supposed to be released

As we saw with longtime Captain America, the original Baron Blood, and with the Thule Society in World War II. The Nazis have played around with weaponizing vampires. In the timeline of X-MEN'92(featuring the continuing adventures of the animated series) , the Soviets had their own vampire super soldier, Alpha Red. Who was enhanced thanks to science and sorcery Russian scientists had at their disposal. Although, in that timeline Alpha Red was Janus, Dracula's son. The name, concept, could be dusted off ,and played with in an upcoming storyline.

Mighty Member

Yea, I wonder if they'll play with that in the follow up of the Russia storyline in Avengers now that the red widow has a small army of vampires.

Fantastic Member

I honestly won't hold my breath for it to paint Blade well. There's certain characters who pretty much always get the shaft when appearing alongside certain others. So I'll not get my hopes up.

Incredible Member

Yea, I wonder if they'll play with that in the follow up of the Russia storyline in Avengers now that the red widow has a small army of vampires.
    You also have that sorcerous splinter group of HYDRA, the Department of Occult Armaments, D.O.A.. Who when Blade had encountered them during his Nightstalker days. Were trying to develop a vampire stormtropper for HYDRA. Succeded in creating one from a siliva sample from one of Dracula's victims, Bloodstorm, who turned on his HYDRA masters ,and killed them. Then met an end at the series' finale of Nightstalkers
    . D.O.A. made a big return in FEAR ITSELF:The Fearless and in VENOM , and would make for some nice recurring enemies for Blade if a series could be finally made. Or even the Avengers whom Eric Brooks is a member of.

BANNED

It's finally coming out!!

https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...-dave-wilkins/

Guggenheim wrote this way back during his Blade run.

Out of the blue, I sent him an e-mail about this one-shot a couple of months ago, and he told me there'd be some good news soon.
    Looks cool. I'll be stoked to check it out!!

it would be great if Christopher Priest were writing it. Maybe next time.