Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Just speculating here... but maybe the No Mercy No Compromise teasers mean there will be a second Avengers book and Blade will join that team instead. Sort of like how Bendis and Hickman both had 2 Avenger books which were sort of covering the same story. Maybe Aaron will create a second Avengers team and Blade will be a part of that instead. If the main Avengers team is trying to cure vamps, Blade might decide a different approach is necessary.

Course, I'm just speculating here... the No Mercy No Compromise thing is probably just another mini, like No Surrender and No Road Home.
    Very possible. Monica Rambeau would definitely fit that given how much she hates vampires.

Also there's another rumor that Blade is going to be on the screen (TV or Movies) very soon:

https://mcucosmic.com/2019/06/05/rum...eaded-to-hulu/

They're speculating Hulu again, but there's another source that's saying he's lined up to be used. I really think a Blade movie could make them a lot of money in a way a show couldn't. Especially if they set it up in Dr. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Very possible. Monica Rambeau would definitely fit that given how much she hates vampires.

Also there's another rumor that Blade is going to be on the screen (TV or Movies) very soon:

https://mcucosmic.com/2019/06/05/rum...eaded-to-hulu/

They're speculating Hulu again, but there's another source that's saying he's lined up to be used. I really think a Blade movie could make them a lot of money in a way a show couldn't. Especially if they set it up in Dr. Strange.
    Blade works fine as either a movie or TV show. THat said, with all the Fox properties about to return to marvel, it might be a lot easier to fit him into the TV side of things rather than the movies.

you'd think that the vampire nation would actively be trying to kill Monica. in a way, she's a much more dangerous potential threat than Eric.

Mighty Member

Blade works fine as either a movie or TV show. THat said, with all the Fox properties about to return to marvel, it might be a lot easier to fit him into the TV side of things rather than the movies.
    Easier for sure, with the success of Deadpool and Logan though as r-rated properties and Blade's cult classic status, I think they'd be giving up a lot of money by sending him to hulu...I also just don't trust Hulu to put something good together.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... so where is the comic about Blade's "lost years"? Before he met up with Frank Drake and the rest.
    TOMB OF DRACULA#30 featured a group Blade ran with in China hunting vampires who ended up taking down the Lord of the Undead. At least temporary. It was also supposedly where Blade started using the wooden knives that were his stock in trade in vampire hunting when he first showed up in the series.

Easier for sure, with the success of Deadpool and Logan though as r-rated properties and Blade's cult classic status, I think they'd be giving up a lot of money by sending him to hulu...I also just don't trust Hulu to put something good together.
    Runaways on Hulu I think is pretty good. Not Daredevil level good, but good.

Mighty Member

Runaways on Hulu I think is pretty good. Not Daredevil level good, but good.
    I stopped after the first season, I dunno for some reason the show was more interesting to me before they became superheroes

I really hope it's a show, I wouldn't mind a movie but a show is what I really want.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I really hope it's a show, I wouldn't mind a movie but a show is what I really want.
    I think the only reason I want a movie is because the scale is usually so much bigger in the movies. I'm imagining a blade movie set in Transylvania. Itd look so much cooler if they could get the budget to make Dracula and his castle resemble what we saw in Dracula Untold, for instance.

Fantastic Member

I wanna talk about Frost and Existence.

I like that it built off the film interpretation of vampires having their hands in conteolling humans through promising them power and immortality. But what really caught my interest is how Frost so strongly opposed the ways of the European traditionalists and sought to overthrow them and everything they stood for by creating his power base in Asia and replacing the old with his nee breed of artificially enhanced vampires.

Which is funny because Frost is, I believe meant to be German.

I'd be interested in seeing Existence be brought into the comics and portrayed as being a very large threat and even having had interactions with Hydra/AIM/Hand, etc.

Mighty Member

I agree, it's a really cool framework that they haven't set up yet. To be honest they haven't done anything cool with Frost in a couple of decades.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    I wanna talk about Frost and Existence.

I like that it built off the film interpretation of vampires having their hands in controlling humans through promising them power and immortality. But what really caught my interest is how Frost so strongly opposed the ways of the European traditionalists and sought to overthrow them and everything they stood for by creating his power base in Asia and replacing the old with his new breed of artificially enhanced vampires.

Which is funny because Frost is, I believe meant to be German.

I'd be interested in seeing Existence be brought into the comics and portrayed as being a very large threat and even having had interactions with Hydra/AIM/Hand, etc.
    In the original origin story told by Hannibal King in TOMB OF DRACULA, Deacon Frost was a German scientist in 1863, and was turned into one of the Undead thanks to accidently being injected with the vampire blood he was experimenting with. Rumor was it that when casting Deacon Frost in the first BLADE flick. The producers were looking for an older gent, like Alan Rickman, for the role. But eventually the character evolved into a wiseass punk, and we got Stephen Dorf who nailed the role. Although, I liked Frost's origin in the anime. playing up his scientific skills, and his son's death at the vamps' hands as his reason to form Existence, and overthrow the old school vampire hierarchy. Likewise, I'd love to see Existence ported into the comics, or movies, TV down the line. Frost's own organization to challenge Drac's forces. It always seemed like the old Tomb Of Dracula was setting up some kind of confrontation between, or at least hinting at it in the book. But never fleshed it out. In the anime there was Existence going after a vampire super soldier A.I.M. developed as recruit to Frost's group.

Mighty Member

Blade looks to be leading

Blade looks to be leading
    The nice thing here is it 100% will branch him out from JUST fighting vampires.

Wonder if this means he'll be doing double duty, or if his time on the Avengers is coming to an end. I was assuming he would be sticking around, since the Dracula thing obviously isn't resolved.

Mighty Member

The nice thing here is it 100% will branch him out from JUST fighting vampires.

Wonder if this means he'll be doing double duty, or if his time on the Avengers is coming to an end. I was assuming he would be sticking around, since the Dracula thing obviously isn't resolved.
    That's what I'm curious about to. He's already featured in the story directly after War of the Realms but this other book spins out of War of the Realms. Maybe he departs in the middle of the next story and returns at some later point when the Dracula stuff is wrapping up.