Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 790
  1. #526
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has blade had any temporary power upgrades from any superhumans that he has bitten?
    nope.............
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  2. #527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    nope.............
    Hmm.. well.. i'd like to see it as a power stunt. Have fun with it.. lol..

  3. #528
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    I wonder if Blade still uses an adamantium sword yet being that one seem to hold up to Logans claws during that exchange.

    Actually Blade seemed more skilled there as they both were blocking each others attacks for a while then Blade landed a lethal blow.
    Isn't Blade just faster though? Wolverine is CBPH while Blade is straight up superhumanly fast.

    He should be getting more hits in.

  4. #529
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Isn't Blade just faster though? Wolverine is CBPH while Blade is straight up superhumanly fast.

    He should be getting more hits in.
    Unless you're like quicksilver fast, the difference between most street level guys and legit superhuman guys in terms of speed is usually negligible. Spider-Man maybe a THIRD of the time might seem slightly faster than most street levelers but usually it seems about the same.

  5. #530
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Hmm.. well.. i'd like to see it as a power stunt. Have fun with it.. lol..
    It was one of my Blade ideas for a story. Vampires are hunting supernatural beings. Some bug bad vampire trying to gain power and expand his dominion. I always liked the idea that witches or other supernatural beings blood could give temprorary or permenant bonuses to a vampire. I like how Tru Blood did it, but I'd take it a lot farther.
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  6. #531
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has blade had any temporary power upgrades from any superhumans that he has bitten?
    I think when Dracula drank Sif' goddess blood back in the day he got a BIT of a power boost. Nothing incredibly uber, but I think he got a stat increase. So in theory that should work Blade and vamps in general. If they brink a gods blood, they should get a bit buffed up.

  7. #532
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Isn't Blade just faster though? Wolverine is CBPH while Blade is straight up superhumanly fast.

    He should be getting more hits in.
    Yes, stat-wise Blade is faster. Over the years logans benefitted from some insane stat creep, and some people will come and argue with me but his only truly superhuman abilities are his healing and senses coupled with the bonuses of his adamantium skeleton. Unless you go by Battle Board logic where your just throwing feats at people not taking into consideration the writer or the story or how the characters been established.


    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Unless you're like quicksilver fast, the difference between most street-level guys and legit superhuman guys in terms of speed is usually negligible. Spider-Man maybe a THIRD of the time might seem slightly faster than most street levelers but usually, it seems about the same.
    No that's not true. Spidey has superhuman speed beyond the regular human. Sometimes writers like to give him problems with normal humans and martial artists but we have tons of upper limit spidey showings where he's really exerted himself and run circles around people. Heck before OMD spidey's stats were creeping to mid-tier on a more consistent basis in his solo titles. Other writers tried to bring him back down like Bendis, especially after OMD, but he's still got issues upon issues to establish an above human level of speed, especially when its money time.
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  8. #533
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Yes, stat-wise Blade is faster. Over the years logans benefitted from some insane stat creep, and some people will come and argue with me but his only truly superhuman abilities are his healing and senses coupled with the bonuses of his adamantium skeleton. Unless you go by Battle Board logic where your just throwing feats at people not taking into consideration the writer or the story or how the characters been established.




    No that's not true. Spidey has superhuman speed beyond the regular human. Sometimes writers like to give him problems with normal humans and martial artists but we have tons of upper limit spidey showings where he's really exerted himself and run circles around people. Heck before OMD spidey's stats were creeping to mid-tier on a more consistent basis in his solo titles. Other writers tried to bring him back down like Bendis, especially after OMD, but he's still got issues upon issues to establish an above human level of speed, especially when its money time.
    I'm not saying Spider-Man doesn't have superhuman speed... what I'm saying is over half the time when he's against a credible street level person he usually seems about equal. He's fought Daredevil, Cap, Wolverine, etc... and MOST of the time you can't see any real difference is speed. There are a FEW occasions where the book will indicate Spider-Man is faster, but that's hardly the majority of the time.

    Honestly the speed thing doesn't bother me as much as the strength thing in Spideys case. They never specifically quantify how much faster a Spider-Man is than a Daredevil or a Wolverine, so I don't necessarily get too bothered when it's about equal. But we know exactly how strong Spider-Man is in relation to the street level guys... he should be over 20 times stronger. So seeing them trade punches with Spider-Man always bothered me more.

  9. #534
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not saying Spider-Man doesn't have superhuman speed... what I'm saying is over half the time when he's against a credible street level person he usually seems about equal. He's fought Daredevil, Cap, Wolverine, etc... and MOST of the time you can't see any real difference is speed. There are a FEW occasions where the book will indicate Spider-Man is faster, but that's hardly the majority of the time.

    Honestly the speed thing doesn't bother me as much as the strength thing in Spideys case. They never specifically quantify how much faster a Spider-Man is than a Daredevil or a Wolverine, so I don't necessarily get too bothered when it's about equal. But we know exactly how strong Spider-Man is in relation to the street level guys... he should be over 20 times stronger. So seeing them trade punches with Spider-Man always bothered me more.
    The strength actually bothers me less. Wolverine is hard to knock out because the healing and the Adamantium, the rest, Peter's not trying to knock their heads off.

    He pulls his punches because he doesn't want to kill or maim people. Speed's different though, there's no reason why Matt should be able to keep up.

  10. #535
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not saying Spider-Man doesn't have superhuman speed... what I'm saying is over half the time when he's against a credible street level person he usually seems about equal. He's fought Daredevil, Cap, Wolverine, etc... and MOST of the time you can't see any real difference is speed. There are a FEW occasions where the book will indicate Spider-Man is faster, but that's hardly the majority of the time.

    Honestly the speed thing doesn't bother me as much as the strength thing in Spideys case. They never specifically quantify how much faster a Spider-Man is than a Daredevil or a Wolverine, so I don't necessarily get too bothered when it's about equal. But we know exactly how strong Spider-Man is in relation to the street level guys... he should be over 20 times stronger. So seeing them trade punches with Spider-Man always bothered me more.

    there have been comic feats where Wolverine and Daredevil are moving ridiculously fast but not to the degree Spidey has. I'd say he has tons of showing where it's pretty easy to infer. Also, Marvel likes to keep Marvel in this middle ground tier between street level and mid-tier so he can interact with a wide variety of villains. Basically whatever the story calls for him to do. Is he fighting street thugs with guns or high tech weapons or is he fighting meta humans. Spidey's always in great control of his body and exerts the right amount of speed when needed otherwise Rhino, Electro or any number of other villains would have killed him a long time ago. His speed and agility have always been a big part of the character allowing him to sneak around and do everything he does.

    Personally, for me, I've come to prefer heroes who pull off these types of stunts being enhanced. Spidey, Blade, Captain America, BP. They all live in this vague range above average humans where writers can kind of fluctuate how well or poorly they perform against opponents. And obviously, writters take liberties which is why you have non superhuman characters like Daredevil and the Batfamily taking down opponents they have no business fighting........ comics
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  11. #536
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,307

    Default

    you all never told me Blade was in this show


    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  12. #537
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,307

    Default

    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  13. #538
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,307

    Default

    Given what we just saw in the Blade vs Wolverine oneshot how do we explain the Shadow Colonel's laser eyes?
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  14. #539
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Re: Blade's strength he has to be superhuman there. He's had fights where he casually rips his opponents limbs off.

    And yea the laser vision thing is the biggest difference between Guggenheims Blade and more recent versions. Guggenheims Blade was solely a vampire hunter that was out of his wheelhouse doing anything else. More recently, we've seen a Blade that's made his name vampire hunting, but is more than equipped to deal with other threats (taught powerman how to use his powers, put down ghost rider, put down those roxxon monsters, didn't blink twice when Xarus fired laser vision, etc.)

    Also I'm guessing we might not see Blade for the month of August. Which is cool, it used to be he'd go years without an appearance, now it's weird if he goes a month.
    Last edited by Tracks; 07-18-2019 at 09:20 AM.

  15. #540
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,307

    Default

    Thats a good point. Really loving what they are doing with Blade these days.

    The consistency with his abilities and portrayals. Love the variety of weapons he's been using. They went back to the iconic look fixed the hair.


    Most importantly, Aaron actually took the time to write some interesting vampires. It's not hard you don't have to go out of your way to be creative. Just look what Indy comics, Manga and anime does with vampires. Aaron just made some characters and they all look pretty interesting. The Shadow Colonel and his Legion of the Unliving (Sarge, Carpathian, Baroness Blood (Lily Cromwell) Rat Bomber, Snowsnake)

    So I applaud Aaron for that because its something Marvel has been terrible at for years. Making vampires compelling is easy to do we've got tons and tons of examples. Also its not like these new characters were super flushed otu they jsut got cool looks and abilities that took a few seconds to come up with.


    Well if the Avengers aren't dealing with anything supernatural I think it makes sense for Blade to go back to his mission until he's needed again (hopefully soon).


    Also I've been rereading the Avengers issues focusing on Boy-Things appearance. Check out how sad his eyes look when he's on the Shadow Colonel's shoulder then sheck out how his expression/mood changes when he's with Blade. It's subtle I didn't notice it at first but I think its pretty dope they put that level of detail into the issues..
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •