Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Thats a good point. Really loving what they are doing with Blade these days.

The consistency with his abilities and portrayals. Love the variety of weapons he's been using. They went back to the iconic look fixed the hair.

Most importantly, Aaron actually took the time to write some interesting vampires. It's not hard you don't have to go out of your way to be creative. Just look what Indy comics, Manga and anime does with vampires. Aaron just made some characters and they all look pretty interesting. The Shadow Colonel and his Legion of the Unliving (Sarge, Carpathian, Baroness Blood (Lily Cromwell) Rat Bomber, Snowsnake)

So I applaud Aaron for that because its something Marvel has been terrible at for years. Making vampires compelling is easy to do we've got tons and tons of examples. Also its not like these new characters were super flushed otu they jsut got cool looks and abilities that took a few seconds to come up with.

Well if the Avengers aren't dealing with anything supernatural I think it makes sense for Blade to go back to his mission until he's needed again (hopefully soon).

Also I've been rereading the Avengers issues focusing on Boy-Things appearance. Check out how sad his eyes look when he's on the Shadow Colonel's shoulder then sheck out how his expression/mood changes when he's with Blade. It's subtle I didn't notice it at first but I think its pretty dope they put that level of detail into the issues..
    I think the next threat is mephisto and whatever Blaze is doing with the Ghost Riders. Then it was hinted that there's gonna be a moon knight story and Dracula returning, so that's supernatural stories for the next year or so. Although I'm sure they're gonna mix in some stuff with Namor and the Winter Guard.

Mighty Member

Blade's in Ultimate Alliance 3 as DLC

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Given what we just saw in the Blade vs Wolverine oneshot how do we explain the Shadow Colonel's laser eyes?
    I figured that the Shadow Colonel's eye beams were a feature of his helmet gear. The scanners in Avengers Mountain were unable to detect them due to them being concealed by tech in his helmet, armor. But he let the tamper proof explosives be visible to keep scans, and probes to scare off further poking around the suit. Until I recently snagged the AVENGERS:War of the Vampires trade paperback I thought the dude's ruthless aggression and military precison against Dracula's forces pointed to him being one time usurper to the Blood Throne, Torgo. The "blood bombs" used in the Russian prison to turn the gulag tough inmates into an instant vampire army. Was similar to the strategy he used in in the X-Men storyline, Curse of the Mutants, when he didn't mind going by his true name, Xarus, Son of Dracula. After deposing his father in that story.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 07-18-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    wow. Well, I guess they brought back Mr. Ali for a cool role. I guess Netflix Cage's adventures were in another world. Sort of. (Yes, I know, Mr. Ali played Cottonmouth)

Major!!!!

This is gonna be GOOD.

Well, I guess the super-speculation can begin. General magic has been addressed but not vampires. I wonder how Marvel will handle the portrayal of vampires now- the bloodletting, flesh tearing, etc.? That will get you rated R quick. "Maybe" Marvel is willing to go there, but maybe they aren't, just yet. Of course, a mini-series on Disney+ at PG-16 might work.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    Mahershala Ali as Blade? I need to see this .

It's only a matter of time until Blade gets a solo series now.

Shut up and take my money!
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Ultimate Member

I was not expecting this, but I like it.

They didn't say if it would be a film or Disney+ show did they? I'm guessing D+. Always thought Blade would do really well as a tv series (yeah I know there was one already).

The casting does force the Netflix stuff out of main MCU continuity, but.....whatever. That doesn't make those shows any less excellent than they were before and I can still enjoy the hell out of them. And Ali is a great actor and deserves this. He's going to be fantastic, and the streaming service's close relationship with the films means we can get that guy in the movies too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

This is amazing. Damn near cried! This is gonna be perfect.

Extraordinary Member

This is an incredibly unexpected choice. I really thought that they would go for someone younger, a relative unknown. Instead, they're going with an experienced and acclaimed actor. Granted, I'm not sure he's really someone who can demand a very high salary. This is definitely an opportunity that he couldn't have passed up.

They'll use the worst Blade story ark ever as inspiration for the movie. They'll also try to turn it into a action comedy.