Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

STRIKEFORCE #2
    TINI HOWARD (W) • GERMAN PERALTA (A)
    Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    Variant Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    THE DEVIL’S CHILDREN IN THE CITY OF SIN!
    Something is very wrong with Daimon Hellstrom. And that’s saying something for the son of Satan. The only one who might be able to help is Daimon’s sister, Satana — but she’s no angel. Demons, debauchery and decapitation abound as Asgard’s X-Force takes on Las Vegas!

So Asgard and Vegas...could have to do with Damnation? I'm really hoping they link in that Spirits of Vengeance mini though.
    Interesting that they are referred to as Asgards task force. I guess this somehow originated from War of Realms, though I never saw anything specifically building up to this team forming.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

That new Blade design... hnnnnnng
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Spectacular Member

Is it the art or coloring that look like ****?

I hope the comic has better art than the covers have.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    Is it the art or coloring that look like ****?

I hope the comic has better art than the covers have.
    Solicitation says German Peralta is on interiors and Andrea Sorrentino is on the cover. Personally, I think the covers are pretty awesome.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

thought this was great

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    He's a tried and true actor who has really risen in fame in recent years at a very, very quick pace. I really thought that the Greenbook thing might damage his career, but he's taken a very proactive approach with Blade. He is 45, so I imagine a year of just working out to get in shape is going to be needed, plus practicing for stunt work and just getting the story together.

I'm not that familiar with him. He didn't impress me in Luke Cage. I didn't dislike him... he just didn't make any impression.

However, I was just watching Alita Battle Angel tonight and thought... That guy has a pretty Bladeish look. The cool confidence and what not... and sure enough. Same guy. So I'm on board now

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm not that familiar with him. He didn't impress me in Luke Cage. I didn't dislike him... he just didn't make any impression.

However, I was just watching Alita Battle Angel tonight and thought... That guy has a pretty Bladeish look. The cool confidence and what not... and sure enough. Same guy. So I'm on board now
    Off the top of my head:
    Green Book (won an Oscar for Best Supporting, did he win a Golden Globe for this too?)
    True Detective (criticallly acclaimed)
    Alita: Battle Angel
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Won an Oscar and a Golden Globe)
    Madden NFL 18: Longshot (Videogame)
    Hidden Figures (nominated for an Oscar, did it win)
    Luke Cage
    Moonlight (movie won an Oscar, I think he won an award for this film too)
    House of Cards
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 & Part 2
    Alphas
    Treme
    Predators
    And appearances in a number of big network shows as he was working his way up

I like him as an actor. I'm gonna have to do my best to go in with an open mind, because he's going to half to make the character his own. He can't do exactly what Wesley did and shouldn't try to, he needs to make Blade his own while paying respect and homage to Wesley.

Also this movies not going to be R, its going to be PG13 and thats okay. Action wise you can have a super action packed and violent movie while still being PG-13. If anything I'm glad this is getting a big budget film, because the special effects and cinematography will be top notched. What you lose without the R rating is the language and some of the subject matter. I think you can still work around that but thats where you lose a little bit of what made the villains of Blade 1 great at the time. I'm not worried tho.

Also I don't want them to do Deacon Frost, not tin this film at least not as the big bad, but will see what they decide to do.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    True Detective (criticallly acclaimed)
    Alita: Battle Angel
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Won an Oscar and a Golden Globe)

Luke Cage

House of Cards
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 & Part 2
    Alphas

Predators
    And appearances in a number of big network shows as he was working his way up
    Seen most of these, at least season 1 of True Detective but didn't remember him. Except now Alita. That made me think he could do a good job.

Also this movies not going to be R, its going to be PG13 and thats okay. Action wise you can have a super action packed and violent movie while still being PG-13. If anything I'm glad this is getting a big budget film, because the special effects and cinematography will be top notched. What you lose without the R rating is the language and some of the subject matter. I think you can still work around that but thats where you lose a little bit of what made the villains of Blade 1 great at the time. I'm not worried tho.
    I'm all for it. Language, Sex, and vampiric perversions aren't what I go to see Vampire movies for. They're distractions at best and derail movies at worst. I know they can do some awesome things with a solid Vampire action flick and keep it in the PG13 range.

Also I don't want them to do Deacon Frost, not tin this film at least not as the big bad, but will see what they decide to do.
    Honestly I don't think Deacon Frost has actually been DONE yet. Stephen Dorff may have used his name, but nothing in his attitude, appearance or goals ever made think of classic Deacon Frost. So if they could do a GOOD Frost, I'd be all for it. But really, what I'd love to see some time is an actual Tomb of Dracula movie with Blade, Hannibal, Frank Drake, and even Rachael Van Helsing going against Dracula.

Something they tried with Blade Trinity... but y'know... GOOD :P

Fantastic Member

Seen most of these, at least season 1 of True Detective but didn't remember him. Except now Alita. That made me think he could do a good job.

I'm all for it. Language, Sex, and vampiric perversions aren't what I go to see Vampire movies for. They're distractions at best and derail movies at worst. I know they can do some awesome things with a solid Vampire action flick and keep it in the PG13 range.

Honestly I don't think Deacon Frost has actually been DONE yet. Stephen Dorff may have used his name, but nothing in his attitude, appearance or goals ever made think of classic Deacon Frost. So if they could do a GOOD Frost, I'd be all for it. But really, what I'd love to see some time is an actual Tomb of Dracula movie with Blade, Hannibal, Frank Drake, and even Rachael Van Helsing going against Dracula.

The film interpretation was definitely a big deviation from the comic book version. To be completely honest, I don't think that anything can match the anime adaptation incarnation of Deacon Frost. That one was pretty much everything that I wanted the character to be.

He had personal power and control over human society through Existence, his physical appearance was nice to look at, his backstory was a fitting dark mirror to that of Blade, and most of all, Frost had a goal: To crush the vampires who took his son away and punish the humans who helped them cover up his murder. It's common in vampire themed fiction for people to become a perversion of what they once were when they become vampires, so it's also understandable why Frost so on board with embracing what he became.

The Blade anime is so underrated. Loved the supporting cast Blade had,, even the wolf/dog. Also, the fight against the hybrid vampires and then Frost in the last episode is easily one of the most badass Blade fights we've gotten. Obviously, the anime took 3 big plot points from the first two Blade movies, using Blade's Blood the death of a friend (possible love interest) but I'm not even made it was executed very well. Also, I appreciate that he's more of a master swordsman in this incarnation (in true anime fashion). We don't see as much h2h outside of him easily dismissing human familiars, but I love how they incorporated his spinning glaives. Really wish the comics incorporated those weapons. Just appreciated how Blade was represented overall.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Marvel might phase out guns for Blade? I'm just going off his last several comic appearances. We haven't seen Blade use a firearm in a few years if I'm not mistaken. Off the top of my head, the last time I can think of was the 2009 series (videogame appearances don't count).

The J-man

Does anyone else get the feeling that Marvel might phase out guns for Blade? I'm just going off his last several comic appearances. We haven't seen Blade use a firearm in a few years if I'm not mistaken. Off the top of my head, the last time I can think of was the 2009 series (videogame appearances don't count).
    I hope so.

Guns with Blade just seem to... ordinary. Knives and swords are fairly archaic weapons... but in HIS hands, they're deadly. Once they have trading in his swords for fully automatic machine guns with special bullets... it always feels like there isn't a good reason for him to even HAVE blades or even call himself blade.

I like my Blade to be more than just another punisher.

How does everyone feel about Blade thirsting for blood? Obviously this isn't something the original version had to deal with. Still, all the live action versions Blade's had to take some sort of serum (outside of the tv show which he was barely in). The Spider-Man TAS version, the 2011 anime version. The only comic version I recall dealing with blood craving was the 2009 solo series and it was really only that one issue where Blade bit his hand off.

It adds a decent dimension to the character, but its not something I really think the character needs. The only thing I wish the original movies touched on was the effect drinking nirmal blood had on Blade. In the first and second movie when he had some normal Blood all his wounds instantly healed, he was totally revitalized and wrecked everyone who got in his way.

Do you think the new movies will have a serum or they'll just let it go.

The J-man

How does everyone feel about Blade thirsting for blood? Obviously this isn't something the original version had to deal with. Still, all the live action versions Blade's had to take some sort of serum (outside of the tv show which he was barely in). The Spider-Man TAS version, the 2011 anime version. The only comic version I recall dealing with blood craving was the 2009 solo series and it was really only that one issue where Blade bit his hand off.

It adds a decent dimension to the character, but its not something I really think the character needs. The only thing I wish the original movies touched on was the effect drinking nirmal blood had on Blade. In the first and second movie when he had some normal Blood all his wounds instantly healed, he was totally revitalized and wrecked everyone who got in his way.

Do you think the new movies will have a serum or they'll just let it go.
    I always hated the bloodlust. Frankly I felt it stole a key personality trait from both Morbius and Hannibal King. The whole 'reluctant vampire who hates what he is while fighting evil' has been done to death. And that's just in the comics. In TV and movies we have everything from Forever Knight to Angel to Moonlight that do the same song and dance. Stealing that from Hannibal pretty much means we'll never see an actual Hannibal on screen now. There's no point to him

Having Blade be the classic #1 butt kicking vampire slayer who was NOT a Vampire was much cooler to me than the whole Daywalker nonsense. But of the nightstalkers Hannibal was always my favorite so I took serious offense seeing him shelved like that.

As for whether it will be in the new one... Sadly I think It will be. Classic Blade is pretty much gone for good and Daywalker Blade is what people think of now, so I'm sure there will be some variation of that in there.

Mighty Member

He's not in season 1 of true detective, he's the main guy in season 3.

And I agree, I think there's so much to be done with Deacon Frost. The anime really took advantage of that character. That's the most interesting version I've seen.

Mighty Member

The Blade anime is so underrated. Loved the supporting cast Blade had,, even the wolf/dog. Also, the fight against the hybrid vampires and then Frost in the last episode is easily one of the most badass Blade fights we've gotten. Obviously, the anime took 3 big plot points from the first two Blade movies, using Blade's Blood the death of a friend (possible love interest) but I'm not even made it was executed very well. Also, I appreciate that he's more of a master swordsman in this incarnation (in true anime fashion). We don't see as much h2h outside of him easily dismissing human familiars, but I love how they incorporated his spinning glaives. Really wish the comics incorporated those weapons. Just appreciated how Blade was represented overall.

He used them in Avengers. It stood out to be because he hadn't used them in so long. Remember, he shoots up Sarge as he's trying to escape.