Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    How does everyone feel about Blade thirsting for blood? Obviously this isn't something the original version had to deal with. Still, all the live action versions Blade's had to take some sort of serum (outside of the tv show which he was barely in). The Spider-Man TAS version, the 2011 anime version. The only comic version I recall dealing with blood craving was the 2009 solo series and it was really only that one issue where Blade bit his hand off.

It adds a decent dimension to the character, but its not something I really think the character needs. The only thing I wish the original movies touched on was the effect drinking nirmal blood had on Blade. In the first and second movie when he had some normal Blood all his wounds instantly healed, he was totally revitalized and wrecked everyone who got in his way.

Do you think the new movies will have a serum or they'll just let it go.

I think Damnation tried to get at that, where he is completely healed from the blood rain after having Mjolnir nearly burn a hole through his chest

The anime version felt like an OP manga/anime villain. Always 5 steps ahead, insanely strong to the point you didn't think anyone stood a chance, not very talkative.

Honestly, if it wasn't for that Frost centric episode where you got to dive deeper into his character and learn about the loss of his son and that he's an artificial vampire driven to madness he felt like a typical cold Big Bad. Also, the plot draws from Blade 1 and 2, where the villain needs Blade's daywalker blood to complete their work and become the ultimate vampire.
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

The Blade anime is so underrated. Loved the supporting cast Blade had,, even the wolf/dog. Also, the fight against the hybrid vampires and then Frost in the last episode is easily one of the most badass Blade fights we've gotten. Obviously, the anime took 3 big plot points from the first two Blade movies, using Blade's Blood the death of a friend (possible love interest) but I'm not even made it was executed very well. Also, I appreciate that he's more of a master swordsman in this incarnation (in true anime fashion). We don't see as much h2h outside of him easily dismissing human familiars, but I love how they incorporated his spinning glaives. Really wish the comics incorporated those weapons. Just appreciated how Blade was represented overall.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Marvel might phase out guns for Blade? I'm just going off his last several comic appearances. We haven't seen Blade use a firearm in a few years if I'm not mistaken. Off the top of my head, the last time I can think of was the 2009 series (videogame appearances don't count).

In film, it's a whole lot easier to rely on Firearms if you have and after who doesn't seem to be able to perform the physical stunts that would look impressive enough on screen. You can always tell the difference between stage fighting that's been rehearsed and an actor that actually has martial arts experience.

Extraordinary Member

How do you guys want the Vampire lore in MCU to be handled?
    I personally like the Darkhold origin and also opens doors for other mystical creatures spawning from Chthon and Darkhold.
    There are already two pieces that could build this lore a bit, with Dr.Strange maybe introducing Elder Gods, their tomes, and Eternals to introduce some major historical event. (Namely the Second Host/The Great Catalysm since Vampires in MU were born before the destruction of Atlantis.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I personally like the Darkhold origin and also opens doors for other mystical creatures spawning from Chthon and Darkhold.
    There are already two pieces that could build this lore a bit, with Dr.Strange maybe introducing Elder Gods, their tomes, and Eternals to introduce some major historical event. (Namely the Second Host/The Great Catalysm since Vampires in MU were born before the destruction of Atlantis.)
    I wonder if the movies will use the darkhold, just because it was a major plot point in agents of shield.

dr. strange will definitely play a role. i'm wondering if they'll go the whole blade had largely killed vampires in the 90s, until dr. strange accidentally re-introduced the virus in his movie, and it allows the old vampire clans to re-build their forces.

Also, I continue to love what Aaron is doing with Blade. Even in stories that don't feature him heavily, Aaron continues to have fun adding to his arsenal. It's funny we were just talking about Blade's use of guns and Blade pulls out the coolest gun he's ever used in today's issue.

It's also weird. Seems like Aaron didn't read Damnation or Blaze has done something to make everyone forget what happened.

Blade, Dr. Strange, Hellstrum maybe Satana and Ghost Rider. What a team that would be.

Love that Boy Thing is back and jsut chilling with Blade now.

Hellfire shotgun just looked like a normal shotgun to me, but whatever. Also I was hoping we'd get to see him use that wooden mystical gun
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Blade, Dr. Strange, Hellstrum maybe Satana and Ghost Rider. What a team that would be.

Hellfire shotgun just looked like a normal shotgun to me, but whatever. Also I was hoping we'd get to see him use that wooden mystical gun
    Have a feeling he's gonna unload that thing into Cosmic Ghost Rider and it's gonna do nothing.

And yea, the shot gun looked normal, but I love that he casually just pulled it out. This is exactly what a lot of fans were hoping for. Like you don't necessarily need to upgrade Blade's powerset if you upgrade his equipment.

co-sign I think Blade's abilities are perfect the way they are when written correctly. He's in that in between stat range that allows him to participate in all kinds of story lines against all different threats.

Marvel loves to do that in the last 20 years they've turned peak human into superhuman and have had BP and Cap inhabit this space. Spider-Man's been there for years and years. Blade falls into that space with the supernatural. I know Marvel puts out stat books but if you go by the actual writters and story lines it falls into an ambiguous range. We know what the upper limit ballpark should be but other then that it can vary.

I've always been against Blade getting anymore stats or extra abilities. Being a dhamphir with enhanced stats is perfect. Anything else is lazy writting. If you want to give him another power you could have him mesmerize people or glamour individuals. Thats not something thats gonna really aide him in combat and at least its a vampire power. Btu turning into a Bat or mist or anything is a little too much. Shapeshifting and other supernatural powers should be reserved for high level supernatural enemies he goes up against. If you do too much you take away from what made the character great. Blade essentially has the perfect template now, master martial artist and swordsman with enhanced stats. Just like Spider-Man or Batman or the Witcher you don't want to throw on all these crazy new abilities. It ruins the character and makes them feel cheap. Look what DC did to Cyborg they gave him all these new powers only to have him get wrecked all the time.

You make somebody too big you're just setting them up for a jobbing (bad writting).

I'm all for expanding his arsenal. I agree with you Aaron has done a tremendous job. We've seen different swords, nunchucks, stakes, now different firearms. Loving what they are doing with Blade.

I hope Boy -Thing sticks around for a lil bit. Blade & Boy-Thing is the new dynamic duo.
    The J-man

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Have a feeling he's gonna unload that thing into Cosmic Ghost Rider and it's gonna do nothing.

And yea, the shot gun looked normal, but I love that he casually just pulled it out. This is exactly what a lot of fans were hoping for. Like you don't necessarily need to upgrade Blade's powerset if you upgrade his equipment.
    Reminds of the issue in Captain Britain where Blade pulled out that sword made out of paper and messed up that demon.

I was surprised to see Blade in the latest Avengers issue last I saw him he took off with his bike. Seemed like he was leaving to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Anything but 'natural born or pureblood'. I hated that with a passion. Vampires are walking corpses infecting the world with their disease/curse... They aren't mutants that are dealing with racial prejudice. Biologically speaking there should be zero ability to reproduce in the traditional 'living' way.

Hellfire Shotgun? Not Johnny Blaze's gun was it... that should only work for Johnny. it channeled his own hellfire not produce its own...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Hellfire Shotgun? Not Johnny Blaze's gun was it... that should only work for Johnny. it channeled his own hellfire not produce its own...
    nah it looked like a normal shotgun, see below
    Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 10.48.41 PM.jpg
    The J-man

Mighty Member

just read aaron's last run on ghost rider, and I hope Blade gets to keep the breathing gun. such a cool weapon. kills any demon or angel in one-shot and has homing bullets that chase supernatural creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    just read aaron's last run on ghost rider, and I hope Blade gets to keep the breathing gun. such a cool weapon. kills any demon or angel in one-shot and has homing bullets that chase supernatural creatures.
    If it can literally kill any demon, then you probably don't want him carrying that around all the time unless there are some limitations to it. It potentially makes things too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If it can literally kill any demon, then you probably don't want him carrying that around all the time unless there are some limitations to it. It potentially makes things too easy.
    My first thought too. Sounds a bit like Frank Drake's "Linda". Analyze and destroy any supernatural threat... except when it doesn't or it misses or any number of PIS that takes it out of the picture.

Overpowered isn't fun to write or read.. Even the Supernatural's magic Colt Revolver only had a set number of bullets that were counted down over multiple seasons.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    My first thought too. Sounds a bit like Frank Drake's "Linda". Analyze and destroy any supernatural threat... except when it doesn't or it misses or any number of PIS that takes it out of the picture.

Overpowered isn't fun to write or read.. Even the Supernatural's magic Colt Revolver only had a set number of bullets that were counted down over multiple seasons.
    I mean there are plenty of ways to write it that doesn't require PIS. It still fires bullets and a number of characters, especially demons, can outpace bullets. In the ghost rider story one of the enemies outpaced the bullet then scared it or something.