Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 832
  1. #661
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    please tell me this is official
    no, an artist just did a commission on twitter and it looks amazing

  2. #662
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    10,245

    Default

    Blade the Vampire Hunter #1 Jul 1994
    "Dark Visions"
    Blade moves to New York City and tries to leave his old life behind him

    but Bible John sets him on the trail of a clan of vampires dealing in a new and deadly drug;

    Meanwhile, Tara witnesses the return of Dracula.

    Written by Ian Edginton. Art by Doug Wheatley and Chris Ivy.
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  3. #663
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    778

    Default

    This was probably his best run, even it was a little convoluted. In the fan letter section the author revealed this Dracula was a fusion of Frank Drake and Hannibal King (from when Kinfs gun exploded) that Dracula was possessing. Would've been interesting to see how that story played out.

  4. #664
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,382

    Default

    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  5. #665
    Astonishing Member phantom1592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    This was probably his best run, even it was a little convoluted. In the fan letter section the author revealed this Dracula was a fusion of Frank Drake and Hannibal King (from when Kinfs gun exploded) that Dracula was possessing. Would've been interesting to see how that story played out.
    Agreed. I couldn't believe we were ONE ISSUE AWAY from getting Hannibal and Frank back when the series ended... What a punch to the gut.

  6. #666
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    This was probably his best run, even it was a little convoluted. In the fan letter section the author revealed this Dracula was a fusion of Frank Drake and Hannibal King (from when Kinfs gun exploded) that Dracula was possessing. Would've been interesting to see how that story played out.
    I definately think the Midnight Sons era was somewhat of a golden age for the supernatural characters like Blade and Ghost Rider. Wish it lasted longer. And I also wish it at least got more of a definative ending rather than everything just kind of ending.

  7. #667
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Yea, that's what's sucked about most of his stories. They usually last long enough to build up some threat and then they end.

    Only series that actually had some resolution was the 2006 series because Paul Cornel based part of his MI13 run on it.

    Also "Wolverine vs Blade" sold really well. Sold better than the Captain America/Wolverine Weapon Plus new series, which probably goes to show this recent Blade push is working.

  8. #668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Blade the Vampire Hunter #1 Jul 1994
    "Dark Visions"
    Blade moves to New York City and tries to leave his old life behind him

    but Bible John sets him on the trail of a clan of vampires dealing in a new and deadly drug;

    Meanwhile, Tara witnesses the return of Dracula.

    Written by Ian Edginton. Art by Doug Wheatley and Chris Ivy.
    didn't care for the art so I didn't explore it. Has it ever been collected at all?

  9. #669
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yea, that's what's sucked about most of his stories. They usually last long enough to build up some threat and then they end.

    Only series that actually had some resolution was the 2006 series because Paul Cornel based part of his MI13 run on it.

    Also "Wolverine vs Blade" sold really well. Sold better than the Captain America/Wolverine Weapon Plus new series, which probably goes to show this recent Blade push is working.
    That was the first comic I bought in years.

  10. #670
    Incredible Member The BaRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    766

    Default

    I would have loved bachelo on a blade book

    His crazy dark stuff is amazing

  11. #671
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I wonder if the movies will use the darkhold, just because it was a major plot point in agents of shield.

    dr. strange will definitely play a role. i'm wondering if they'll go the whole blade had largely killed vampires in the 90s, until dr. strange accidentally re-introduced the virus in his movie, and it allows the old vampire clans to re-build their forces.

    Also, I continue to love what Aaron is doing with Blade. Even in stories that don't feature him heavily, Aaron continues to have fun adding to his arsenal. It's funny we were just talking about Blade's use of guns and Blade pulls out the coolest gun he's ever used in today's issue.

    It's also weird. Seems like Aaron didn't read Damnation or Blaze has done something to make everyone forget what happened.
    That was kind of my pitch in this thread not long ago. If its an MCU movie, let the cannon of the 90's films exist... Blade "Won". Dr.Strange, or Mordu, or the infinity Gauntlet weaking the multiverse etc.

    "Let the vampires in"

    I'm also a fan of blade dealing with various supernatural threats. *Sigh* I need to be writing the blade book. SMH.

    Cthon. He's written the name "vampire" in his memoires so
    even if you kill all the "magic" vamps there would eventually be an army of "Morbius's " showing up.
    The OLD GODS get to be weird like that. IMHO.
    -----------------------------------------------


    "DEMON KILLING GUN"
    Let him keep it.
    Give it better defined rules.

    "banishes"
    "Works only on X level threats... kills people who are "possessed" etc. "

    Blade should have an arsenal of tools. All of them should be badass but any individual weapon shouldn't be only tool used.

    I think he should constantly get random magical weapons, and tech weapons as well.

    At the end of the day, Blade along with Doom and BP can have the "Techno-Wizard" archtype which would make for some interesting
    powerups without changing the "base" of the character.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 08-16-2019 at 04:47 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

  12. #672
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,042

    Default

    Honestly, aren't pseudo-vampires actually worse than normal ones? Sure, they aren't all evil, but they also need human blood and can't be killed ths same way other vampires can be.

  13. #673
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Agreed with everything you said

    Also, I have a feeling Aaron is just going to keep Blade on this Avengers team and rotate someone else out eventually. A lot of us were saying he'd probably leave once the magical threats were over, but looks like Aaron is bringing him to space next.




    https://www.newsarama.com/46471-marv...-november.html

    I think this is his second time since MI:13 fought Dracula on the moon

  14. #674
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Honestly, aren't pseudo-vampires actually worse than normal ones? Sure, they aren't all evil, but they also need human blood and can't be killed ths same way other vampires can be.
    It's a trade off. They don't have all the weaknesses that regular vamps do, but they also don't have all the same powers a regular vamp does. Pseudo vamps won't be scared off by garlic or a cross, but they also won't be summoning a lightning storm or turning into myst.

    I would say on the average a low end psuedo vamp is more dangerous than a low end regular vamp because they are harder for a regular person to ward off, but a high end regular vamp like a Dracula is far more powerful than any psuedo vamp ever could be.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-16-2019 at 06:35 AM.

  15. #675
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Agreed with everything you said

    Also, I have a feeling Aaron is just going to keep Blade on this Avengers team and rotate someone else out eventually. A lot of us were saying he'd probably leave once the magical threats were over, but looks like Aaron is bringing him to space next.




    https://www.newsarama.com/46471-marv...-november.html

    I think this is his second time since MI:13 fought Dracula on the moon
    Wow... Blade in space fighting a bunch of aliens (or whatever they are) with Star Brands. Definately would have have predicted seeing that a year ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •