Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    please tell me this is official
    no, an artist just did a commission on twitter and it looks amazing

BANNED

Blade the Vampire Hunter #1 Jul 1994
    "Dark Visions"
    Blade moves to New York City and tries to leave his old life behind him

but Bible John sets him on the trail of a clan of vampires dealing in a new and deadly drug;

Meanwhile, Tara witnesses the return of Dracula.

Written by Ian Edginton. Art by Doug Wheatley and Chris Ivy.

Mighty Member

This was probably his best run, even it was a little convoluted. In the fan letter section the author revealed this Dracula was a fusion of Frank Drake and Hannibal King (from when Kinfs gun exploded) that Dracula was possessing. Would've been interesting to see how that story played out.

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    This was probably his best run, even it was a little convoluted. In the fan letter section the author revealed this Dracula was a fusion of Frank Drake and Hannibal King (from when Kinfs gun exploded) that Dracula was possessing. Would've been interesting to see how that story played out.
    Agreed. I couldn't believe we were ONE ISSUE AWAY from getting Hannibal and Frank back when the series ended... What a punch to the gut.

I definately think the Midnight Sons era was somewhat of a golden age for the supernatural characters like Blade and Ghost Rider. Wish it lasted longer. And I also wish it at least got more of a definative ending rather than everything just kind of ending.

Mighty Member

Yea, that's what's sucked about most of his stories. They usually last long enough to build up some threat and then they end.

Only series that actually had some resolution was the 2006 series because Paul Cornel based part of his MI13 run on it.

Also "Wolverine vs Blade" sold really well. Sold better than the Captain America/Wolverine Weapon Plus new series, which probably goes to show this recent Blade push is working.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Blade the Vampire Hunter #1 Jul 1994
    "Dark Visions"
    Blade moves to New York City and tries to leave his old life behind him

but Bible John sets him on the trail of a clan of vampires dealing in a new and deadly drug;

Meanwhile, Tara witnesses the return of Dracula.

Written by Ian Edginton. Art by Doug Wheatley and Chris Ivy.
    didn't care for the art so I didn't explore it. Has it ever been collected at all?

Spectacular Member

Yea, that's what's sucked about most of his stories. They usually last long enough to build up some threat and then they end.

Only series that actually had some resolution was the 2006 series because Paul Cornel based part of his MI13 run on it.

Also "Wolverine vs Blade" sold really well. Sold better than the Captain America/Wolverine Weapon Plus new series, which probably goes to show this recent Blade push is working.
    That was the first comic I bought in years.

BANNED

I would have loved bachelo on a blade book

His crazy dark stuff is amazing

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I wonder if the movies will use the darkhold, just because it was a major plot point in agents of shield.

dr. strange will definitely play a role. i'm wondering if they'll go the whole blade had largely killed vampires in the 90s, until dr. strange accidentally re-introduced the virus in his movie, and it allows the old vampire clans to re-build their forces.

Also, I continue to love what Aaron is doing with Blade. Even in stories that don't feature him heavily, Aaron continues to have fun adding to his arsenal. It's funny we were just talking about Blade's use of guns and Blade pulls out the coolest gun he's ever used in today's issue.

It's also weird. Seems like Aaron didn't read Damnation or Blaze has done something to make everyone forget what happened.
    That was kind of my pitch in this thread not long ago. If its an MCU movie, let the cannon of the 90's films exist... Blade "Won". Dr.Strange, or Mordu, or the infinity Gauntlet weaking the multiverse etc.

"Let the vampires in"

I'm also a fan of blade dealing with various supernatural threats. *Sigh* I need to be writing the blade book. SMH.

Cthon. He's written the name "vampire" in his memoires so
    even if you kill all the "magic" vamps there would eventually be an army of "Morbius's " showing up.
    The OLD GODS get to be weird like that. IMHO.
    -----------------------------------------------

"DEMON KILLING GUN"
    Let him keep it.
    Give it better defined rules.

"banishes"
    "Works only on X level threats... kills people who are "possessed" etc. "

Blade should have an arsenal of tools. All of them should be badass but any individual weapon shouldn't be only tool used.

I think he should constantly get random magical weapons, and tech weapons as well.

At the end of the day, Blade along with Doom and BP can have the "Techno-Wizard" archtype which would make for some interesting
    powerups without changing the "base" of the character.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 08-16-2019 at 04:47 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, aren't pseudo-vampires actually worse than normal ones? Sure, they aren't all evil, but they also need human blood and can't be killed ths same way other vampires can be.

Mighty Member

Agreed with everything you said

Also, I have a feeling Aaron is just going to keep Blade on this Avengers team and rotate someone else out eventually. A lot of us were saying he'd probably leave once the magical threats were over, but looks like Aaron is bringing him to space next.

https://www.newsarama.com/46471-marv...-november.html

I think this is his second time since MI:13 fought Dracula on the moon

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Honestly, aren't pseudo-vampires actually worse than normal ones? Sure, they aren't all evil, but they also need human blood and can't be killed ths same way other vampires can be.
    It's a trade off. They don't have all the weaknesses that regular vamps do, but they also don't have all the same powers a regular vamp does. Pseudo vamps won't be scared off by garlic or a cross, but they also won't be summoning a lightning storm or turning into myst.

I would say on the average a low end psuedo vamp is more dangerous than a low end regular vamp because they are harder for a regular person to ward off, but a high end regular vamp like a Dracula is far more powerful than any psuedo vamp ever could be.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-16-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Agreed with everything you said

Also, I have a feeling Aaron is just going to keep Blade on this Avengers team and rotate someone else out eventually. A lot of us were saying he'd probably leave once the magical threats were over, but looks like Aaron is bringing him to space next.

https://www.newsarama.com/46471-marv...-november.html

I think this is his second time since MI:13 fought Dracula on the moon
    Wow... Blade in space fighting a bunch of aliens (or whatever they are) with Star Brands. Definately would have have predicted seeing that a year ago.