Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wow... Blade in space fighting a bunch of aliens (or whatever they are) with Star Brands. Definately would have have predicted seeing that a year ago.
    Right? I think marvel is definitely getting its readers ready for the Blade/Ghost Rider boom to come once the movie/show drop.

Speaking of, these mahershala edits that have been floating around the internet are amazing:

Extraordinary Member

I hope they can push up that Blade movie. Mahershala Ali is a gift to our community and we should be so happy to get such an actor for this.

QUOTE=XPac;4515782]It's a trade off. They don't have all the weaknesses that regular vamps do, but they also don't have all the same powers a regular vamp does. Pseudo vamps won't be scared off by garlic or a cross, but they also won't be summoning a lightning storm or turning into myst.

I would say on the average a low end psuedo vamp is more dangerous than a low end regular vamp because they are harder for a regular person to ward off, but a high end regular vamp like a Dracula is far more powerful than any psuedo vamp ever could be.[/QUOTE]

I guess this is part of why we don't see more pseudo-vampires in the MU. They would actually be a problem, especially since they aren't evil and they all just have a medical condition. You can't really justify murdering the lot of them like you can normal vampires.

And even Morbius, a man with no real training in fighting, has powers that make him the occasional issue for Blade.

Mighty Member

So there's a rumor that marvel wants Wesley Snipes to play Dracula...I dunno if I like it. Would have loved if he played a vampire hunter/mentor type

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    So there's a rumor that marvel wants Wesley Snipes to play Dracula...I dunno if I like it. Would have loved if he played a vampire hunter/mentor type
    That's a hell of a twist.

I'm cool with him being some sort of uber vamp or whatever (maybe a previous daywalker like Blade), but him being the actual Dracula is sort of weird given the real Dracula is a historical figure.

But Marvel does such a great job of casting, I'm sure whatever they do in the end will make sense and work.

Extraordinary Member

I can dig. Dracula body hops into Blade's mentor, sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I can dig. Dracula body hops into Blade's mentor, sounds cool.
    I forget how Blade Trinity Ended (I'm probably subconsciously blocking it out as a defense mechanism) ... but I wonder this movie could somehow be a sequal to that, with Dracula inhabiting the original Blades body or something like that.

If Marvel goes the multiverse route, the original Blade trilogy could be a different timeline or whatever that somehow crosses into this one.

The more likely scenario of course is that this is a clean slate. But it's fun imagining that it could be connected.

Extraordinary Member

I forget how Blade Trinity Ended (I'm probably subconsciously blocking it out as a defense mechanism) ... but I wonder this movie could somehow be a sequal to that, with Dracula inhabiting the original Blades body or something like that.

If Marvel goes the multiverse route, the original Blade trilogy could be a different timeline or whatever that somehow crosses into this one.

The more likely scenario of course is that this is a clean slate. But it's fun imagining that it could be connected.
    There are a lot of great ways this could work. Make it weird, Marvel. Make it weird!

There are a lot of great ways this could work. Make it weird, Marvel. Make it weird!
    Watching the Unrated ending of Blade Trinity, it really DOES support the idea of Wesley Snipes playing Dracula.

Extraordinary Member

Watching the Unrated ending of Blade Trinity, it really DOES support the idea of Wesley Snipes playing Dracula.

There's a lot they can do with Blade. But I'm sure whatever they do will be done with a lot of care and control. It would be very easy for a lot to go wrong.

There's a lot they can do with Blade. But I'm sure whatever they do will be done with a lot of care and control. It would be very easy for a lot to go wrong.
    I actually think Blade is one of the easiest super heroes to do on the big screen. I think that's one of the reasons we saw him in movies long before any of the supposed A list super heroes. At it's heart it's a vampire action story. Blade and Punisher are probably the easiest super hero movies because they're barely even really super hero movies.

Once the movie comes out hopefully in the comics they retcon that nonsense done by Marc Guggenheim.

Mighty Member

That's a hell of a twist.

I'm cool with him being some sort of uber vamp or whatever (maybe a previous daywalker like Blade), but him being the actual Dracula is sort of weird given the real Dracula is a historical figure.

But Marvel does such a great job of casting, I'm sure whatever they do in the end will make sense and work.
    good point actually. i'm usually all for diversifying casts when it doesn't member, but dracula is supposed to be based on vlad the impaler. maybe they do some weird ceremonial thing and reincarnate him or something.

This picture is dope.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Once the movie comes out hopefully in the comics they retcon that nonsense done by Marc Guggenheim.
    Biggest changes off the top:

1. Blade is bi-racial with a Latvian father that we haven't heard from in years

2. Brought all the vampires back (seems like most were killed in MI:13, then in this subsequent vampire civil war)

3. Gun hand

4. Random backstory (wolverine gave Blade his trench coat when he was younger, blade saved spiderman's aunt and uncle when they were on their honey moon, covered some of his earlier travels)

5. Blade was always half-vampire, and Morbius' bite did nothing

I'm fine with 2, 4, and 5.

Biggest changes off the top:

1. Blade is bi-racial with a Latvian father that we haven't heard from in years

2. Brought all the vampires back (seems like most were killed in MI:13, then in this subsequent vampire civil war)

3. Gun hand

4. Random backstory (wolverine gave Blade his trench coat when he was younger, blade saved spiderman's aunt and uncle when they were on their honey moon, covered some of his earlier travels)

5. Blade was always half-vampire, and Morbius' bite did nothing

I'm fine with 2, 4, and 5.
    I'm fine with 2, 4 and 5. But 1 especially has to go imo.