Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I don't recall Man Thing ever being that strong. Still, it was a cute moment.

Also nice to see Blade actually cared for Boy THing. He wasn't just exploiting it as a weapon or anything.
    Yea it's a really cool relationship Aaron is building. I hope it doesn't get tossed aside in other books.

Mighty Member

Page from Marvel 1000

Extraordinary Member

Awww! Nice to see him taking a place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    So boything just had the wildest strength feat I've seen in sometime. Overpowered the celestial and tchalla said he has all the strength of the earth itself.

to be fair it's not like that was a full-strength Celestial. It was the body of a dead Celestial possessed by Cosmic Ghost Rider or some other demon

Honestly I don't recall Man Thing ever being that strong. Still, it was a cute moment.
    It's been alluded to in a number of issues. When he was on the Thunderbolts and other instances. This immortal and unyielding force of nature. Kind of like a Ghost Rider, who is treated that way by some writers
    The J-man

I don't like the man-thing attachment. I understand that it produces stakes. but it seems just as gimmicky as the gun hand, to me. and, visually, it's kind of off-putting. sorry. just had to get that off my chest.

Page from Marvel 1000

what is the name of Blade's cat? Snipes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    to be fair it's not like that was a full-strength Celestial. It was the body of a dead Celestial possessed by Cosmic Ghost Rider or some other demon

It's been alluded to in a number of issues. When he was on the Thunderbolts and other instances. This immortal and unyielding force of nature. Kind of like a Ghost Rider, who is treated that way by some writers
    So Man Thing is a class 100 guy in strenth? I don't read a lot of Man Things stuff, but I never got that sense before.

THough I suppose you need to be powerful to be guardian of the nexus of realities.

Mighty Member

So Man Thing is a class 100 guy in strenth? I don't read a lot of Man Things stuff, but I never got that sense before.

THough I suppose you need to be powerful to be guardian of the nexus of realities.
    he's as strong as the planet, whatever that means

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I don't like the man-thing attachment. I understand that it produces stakes. but it seems just as gimmicky as the gun hand, to me. and, visually, it's kind of off-putting. sorry. just had to get that off my chest.
    I like Boy-Thing and Man-Thing. They're so cute! You just want to hug them! Well, maybe not hug them, but they're adorable!

I think it's been alluded to before that what's keeping Man-Thing from true power is that it is just isn't very smart right now. It seems to have some ability to recognize people its close to, but it's still a barely sentient creature. Boy-Thing's love for Blade seems to make it a bit smarter than Man-Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I like Boy-Thing and Man-Thing. They're so cute! You just want to hug them! Well, maybe not hug them, but they're adorable!

I think it's been alluded to before that what's keeping Man-Thing from true power is that it is just isn't very smart right now. It seems to have some ability to recognize people its close to, but it's still a barely sentient creature. Boy-Thing's love for Blade seems to make it a bit smarter than Man-Thing.
    Nice thing for Man THng I suppose. He's not even in the book, but he's essentially been ungraded into one of the physically strongest beings on the planet.

Hecky, Boy Thing could theoreticlally be the strongest one on the team.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-29-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I like Boy-Thing and Man-Thing. They're so cute! You just want to hug them! Well, maybe not hug them, but they're adorable.
    it's a growth that clashes with Blade's costume.

Mighty Member

Nice thing for Man THng I suppose. He's not even in the book, but he's essentially been ungraded into one of the physically strongest beings on the planet.

Hecky, Boy Thing could theoreticlally be the strongest one on the team.
    Which is what a lot of people were expecting with Blade. On a team with King Thor, Captain Marvel, super-charged She-Hulk, and Ghost Rider, he'd need some upgrade to consistently make an impact on the team. It seems like boy-thing and his bond allows for him to be a factor in the heavy-duty battles without fundamentally changing who he is as a character.

Which is what a lot of people were expecting with Blade. On a team with King Thor, Captain Marvel, super-charged She-Hulk, and Ghost Rider, he'd need some upgrade to consistently make an impact on the team. It seems like boy-thing and his bond allows for him to be a factor in the heavy-duty battles without fundamentally changing who he is as a character.
    Yeah, it's a pretty versatile power up because it's not actually BLADE that's being upgraded but his gear. So he can have it on the Avengers, but if necessary lose it when having someone as strong as the earth on your shoulder isn't necessarily desirable. I'm curious if Boy Thing will even show up in Strike Force, or if it's just an Aarons Avengers thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it's a growth that clashes with Blade's costume.
    It's a sweet baby!

So Man-Thing is a class 100 guy in strenth? I don't read a lot of Man Things stuff, but I never got that sense before.

I would say its vague, but in terms of the mystical and supernatural lip service has often been given.

Man-Thing is remarkably similar to Swamp Thing in nature, only he is powered by the infinite-dimensional Nexus of All Realities. Because Man-Thing was pretty much completely non-sentient for most of his history (relying entirely on his empathy power and a remarkably sharp intuition to act at all), he had an even harder time exerting the full extent of his power, unless he was facing powerful foes like Hulk, Molecule Man, Dr. Strange, or Professor X, and had commensurate emotional energy (via his empathy) to their power by which to access his own abilities. Nowadays though, due to meddling involving Satana, Man-Thing does have a proper mind and the ability to consciously use all of his reality-warping abilities.

So he's got a wide scale, but I've always likened him to Ghost Rider int hat WWH issue. It's open to interpretation but he's got some pretty impressive feats and if you want to get technical he's above a number of 100-ton guys like Colossus and Thing if he's going all out. Maybe even Ghost Rider or Silver Surfer. Depends what writers want to do.

Also its important to remember Boy-Thing isn't Man-Thing. He's jsut a lesser version born from when the Shadow Colonel cut off a piece of Man-Thing.
    The J-man